THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Mega Force based list

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Mega Force based list Empty
PostSubject: Mega Force based list   Mega Force based list I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06 2012, 20:47

I'm a brand new DE playter who's got as far as buying the Mega Force and I want to propose a list for comment at 1000 points before I get to far into putting things together that I might regret later.

Here goes:

Archon with Venom Blade 65 points

9 Kabalite Warriors
1 Sybarite 110 points

9 Wyches
1 Hekatrix with Agoniser
Raider 210 points

9 Wyches
1 Hekatrix with Agoniser
Raider 210 points

2 Reavers
1 Arena Champion
Cluster Caltrops 96 points

2 Reavers
1 Arena Champion

2 Reavers
1 Arena Champion

1 Ravager
Disintegrator Cannons
Flickerfield 115 points

My most common opponents at 1000 points are Space Wolves, Eldar, Tyranids, Orks and Sisters of Battle. All lists tend to be shooty rather than Mech. I'll have to buy the Archon and second Raider but I can't find a spot for the Scourges or Venom at this points level.

Comments please?

Slug
Back to top Go down
Capt Keiv
Slave
Capt Keiv

PostSubject: Re: Mega Force based list   Mega Force based list I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06 2012, 21:23

If we stick to what you have in the box, I would get something like this:

I do not have the codex for exact pts, but should be not too far

Archon with Agoniser + Shadowfield =95

5 Kabalite Warriors
Blaster
Venom + Extra SC =125

7 Wyches
1 Hekatrix with Agoniser + Haywires
Raider +FField = 210

7 Wyches
1 Hekatrix with Agoniser + Haywires
Raider +FField = 210

5 Scourges
2x Haywire Blaster = 134

6 Reaver Jetbike
2xBlasters or Heatlance (your choosing, I prefer blaster for range) 162 pts

1 Ravager
3x Dark Lance
Flickerfield = 115 pts

Total: 1002 pts

As I said, look out in your dex for exact pts cost, im doing this by memory.. Shouldn't be too far tho!

- Capt Keiv
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Mega Force based list   Mega Force based list I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06 2012, 21:40

you have absolutely no tanks to shoot at??? Because how you have it right now you only have 2 dark lances in the army. That is not enough even if the opponent only has 1 rhino/razorback in the army. But let me comment on the army first.

HQ: Your Archon is kinda bleh... if you want a cheap HQ, get a haemie w/ a venomblade and a liquifer. Same points, but not you get a pain token for one of your wych units, and a flamer, or a succubus w/ Agoniser (alittle more expensive, but cheap non-the-less) Also where is he going to be??? The foot warrior squad???

Troops: Your warriors are over-pointed (unless they have a splinter cannon, which you didnt put in your list) that being said you really need to put them in a vehicle of sorts. Your best bet is to drop them to a 5 man unit w/ a blaster in your unused venom (125 points fyi, so that means we need to free up some points elsewhere)

Your wyches are also overcosted (unless again they have haywire grenades or two wych weapons, which you didnt put in the list) that being said these are fine

FA: Reavers are a good option, but you are running alot of them. I would personally drop one (use those points elsewhere, like the warrior squad / HQ) I am also not a fan of the caltrops, but to each their own.

HS: Your Ravager really needs to be Dark Lances. Unless your facing 100% all infantry lists,
there is no reason not to use them. Against nids it helps you hurt big bugs easier, and against the other armies it IDs multi-wound models. Oh and ofc kills tanks.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Mega Force based list   Mega Force based list I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06 2012, 21:52

slug wrote:
Archon with Venom Blade 65 points
While this is workable at 1000 points, going much further with the Archon you'll tend to want either an Agoniser or Husk/Djinn blade - thankfully painting the weapon appropriately will carry you fairly far in declaring what it's representing.

As just a general matter of note - for what you're doing here for 5 points you could get +1 WS and +1 I and a 4++ save all for the cost of 5 points and -1 Leadership by making your Archon into a Succubus - just a thought.

Also, VERY IMPORTANT - you literally have no place for the Archon to ride with the Wyches, and I don't see much point in footslogging with an Archon (if you want to just have a footslogging HQ you could do it cheaper with a Haem, and *hey* FNP footsloggers, huzzah!)

Quote :
9 Kabalite Warriors
1 Sybarite 110 points
Your point total is off here methinks.
In a general 'how to build DE units' sort of way, I would want to see you include a Blaster in this unit - not even really because the unit needs it, but it's an amazing piece of wargear that will always be suggested.

As far as your list goes - if they're footslogging and being aggressive the Syb might want at least a V.Blade (if the Archon is going here - why do you need the Syb at all) and if they're not marching forward why not drop the Syb and add in a Dark Lance so as they sit on an objective they can snipe at stuff.

Overall I'd want to see them in a vehicle, DE are a little squishy to be marching forward unless you're building the army to do that.

Quote :
9 Wyches
1 Hekatrix with Agoniser
Raider 210 points
That's a good basic Wych build - you may wish to model on some Wych Weapons for later, but it's not needed. I approve of this.

Quote :
2 Reavers
1 Arena Champion
Arena Champions and Caltrops are not often seen on minimized RJB squads - the common upgrade for RJBs is either the heat lance or the Blaster. I'd much rather see less Reavers in the list and more Troop selections (probably in that sexy Venom model)

Quote :
1 Ravager
Disintegrator Cannons
Flickerfield 115 points
I hope by 'not much mech' you mean 'basically no mech' because your 2 dark lances mounted on flying paper plates won't be handling much. I would tend to advise lances here unless your opponents never field more than one vehicle. Because otherwise you'll never be able to handle them with this list (you can get away with it more if you drop Caltrops on the RJBs for Blasters/heat lances - then you could keep Dissies here)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mega Force based list   Mega Force based list I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09 2012, 01:23

Thanks for the feedback. I'm too old to workout how to multi-quote but in general:

I'll change out the Archon, probably for a Haemi and take the token. I'll drop the size of the Wych units and have him ride one of the Raiders into battle.

That venom does look kinda cool (looking cool is important!), so I'll drop the kabalites back to a 5-man squad and have them ride into battle. That'll give me an army that is entirely in transports, fast moving and in their face kind which will be something different after Tau and Tyranids, but worth a go.

I'll also drop the Reavers back to 2 x 3 to free up some points and consider dropping the cluster caltrops if I need the points.

Lastly, I've just discovered The Bear's tactica. I'll have a read and come up with a version 2 list.

Thanks for your feedbaclk to date.

Slug
Back to top Go down
Skjalgepalg
Hellion
Skjalgepalg

PostSubject: Re: Mega Force based list   Mega Force based list I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09 2012, 07:42

I also managed to grab myself a megaforce, so I will be most interrested in seeing a revised version of this list.

Any chance you could supply a link to this Bear's tactica? (or something a bit more tangible to google :p)

/Skjalg
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mega Force based list   Mega Force based list I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10 2012, 06:07

It's in the tactics forum as a sticky.

Slug
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mega Force based list   Mega Force based list I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14 2012, 00:27

Hello again.

After taking in the feedback and reading The Bears tactica, I have come up with a revised list:

Succubus 90 points
Agoniser and haywire grenades

9 Kabalite warriors 220 poimts
Sybarite
1 x Blaster 1 x Dark Lance
Raider with Dark Lance, Splinter Racks, Flickerfield

10 Wyches 220 pts
Hekatrix
2 Shardnet and Impalers, Haywire grenades
Raider with Disintegrator Cannon, Flickerfield

9 Wyches 180 pts
Hekatrix (and the Succubus)
1 Shardnet and Impaler, Haywire grenades
Raider with Disintegrator Cannon, Flickerfield

Reaver Jet Bikes 81 pts
1 x Blaster

Reaver Jet Bikes 81 pts
1 x Blaster

Ravager 125 pts
Dark Lance, Flickerfield, Night Shields

Total 997 pts

The basic tactic will be to run in with the Wych laden Raiders and get them into CC ASAP. They are armed with Disintegrator Cannons to be more anti-personnel, They lack Night Shields as they'll be inside the range of most guns even with the -6 inch range penalty.

The Kabalite Raider and Ravager have Dark Lances to be anti-tank. They'll sit outside of enemy range initially and snipe armour with the Kabalite Warriors coming on on the second turn and utilising the Splinter Racks and disembarking into cover when they have to. The Dark Lance they carry will provide more anti-tank weaponry.

Comments please?

Slug

EDIT: I've changed the configuration of the Kabalite warrior Raider.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mega Force based list   Mega Force based list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mega Force based list
Page 1 of 1