THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Shin's at it again: Kabal of the Flayed Skull

Go down 
+2
SmallVictory
Shinobi_8745
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Shinobi_8745
Kabalite Warrior
Shinobi_8745

Shin's at it again: Kabal of the Flayed Skull Empty
PostSubject: Shin's at it again: Kabal of the Flayed Skull   Shin's at it again: Kabal of the Flayed Skull I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11 2012, 20:32

I managed to get my local Gaming club to start a "Tale of [insert number here] Painters" in my area, and thought that I'd go for yet another Dark Eldar army.

The goal is for everyone to get a legal Apocalypse army in the end, so minimum 3000 points will be painted in 6 months.

The first month we paint 500 points, following with 250, 250, 500, 500 and 1000.

We are alowed to paint more than the set points, to use in the final Apocalypse Game, or just to add a bit of variation to our games.
At the end of each month we will also gather to game against each other, and I plan to get some pictures of those games as well.

My choice of Kabal is the Kabal of the Flayed Skull, with the reason that I do love Kabalites in fast transports, Reavers and Razorwings! Hence I will have a very small amount of non-Kabalite units.

My starting list is based upon a Battle Force, adding 2 Haemmies as I don't want my Archon to join in during the beginning.

This far I have painted a full Squad of Kabalite Warriors and 1 Wych.
The Kabalites got the blue hair instead of the suposed black that the Kabal uses, for a bit of contrast in the army.

Shin's at it again: Kabal of the Flayed Skull Kabalitewarrior1

Shin's at it again: Kabal of the Flayed Skull FinishedSquadKabaliteWarriors1

Shin's at it again: Kabal of the Flayed Skull Wych1

Shin's at it again: Kabal of the Flayed Skull Wych2

The Wyches will be a made-up Cult, using black armor and red "spandex" instead of the other way around like the Kabalites, but still keeping a massed colorscheme to the army.

c&c is always appreciated~
Back to top Go down
SmallVictory
Hellion
SmallVictory

PostSubject: Re: Shin's at it again: Kabal of the Flayed Skull   Shin's at it again: Kabal of the Flayed Skull I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11 2012, 21:12

Nice looking army, the reverse color scheme on the wyches is a great idea and the face paint is really well done.
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: Shin's at it again: Kabal of the Flayed Skull   Shin's at it again: Kabal of the Flayed Skull I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11 2012, 21:41

I like these very much. They look like they are covered in blood or their suits are made from blood.

I don't know how you did it, but the red is very striking!

Shin's at it again: Kabal of the Flayed Skull Youdaamrg
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Shinobi_8745
Kabalite Warrior
Shinobi_8745

PostSubject: Re: Shin's at it again: Kabal of the Flayed Skull   Shin's at it again: Kabal of the Flayed Skull I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11 2012, 22:39

Thanks guys~

I didn't notice it until now but the red it a bit stronger in the pictures compared with real life, but it's close enough (I blame the light of my lamp and my inability to take proper pictures without a small "studio").

Though, the red is achieved by first painting the whole model with mechrite red, drybrushed with blood red, washed with watered down badab black and then layering and highighting with blood red again.
Back to top Go down
Malverian Drakkarth
Hellion
Malverian Drakkarth

PostSubject: Re: Shin's at it again: Kabal of the Flayed Skull   Shin's at it again: Kabal of the Flayed Skull I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16 2012, 01:36

Looking forward to see more... Cool
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Shin's at it again: Kabal of the Flayed Skull   Shin's at it again: Kabal of the Flayed Skull I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16 2012, 01:42

I'm not a big fan of red normally, but with your models the red looks quite good. Looking forward to your progress.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Shinobi_8745
Kabalite Warrior
Shinobi_8745

PostSubject: Re: Shin's at it again: Kabal of the Flayed Skull   Shin's at it again: Kabal of the Flayed Skull I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17 2012, 22:45

Thanks guys~

Small update.

I finally managed to take a picture of my finished Wyches (and my Assassin Adept from Mordheim sneaked into the picture in the upper right corner).

Shin's at it again: Kabal of the Flayed Skull WychUnit9

Shin's at it again: Kabal of the Flayed Skull Wychmale
This would be my favourite Wych in the unit, built with bitz from Raider passenger, Venom passenger, Wych and reaver.

I also threw in my first list.

Haemonculus, Liquifier Gun, Venom Blade
Haemonculus, Liquifier Gun, Venom Blade

10 Kabalite Warriors, Blaster, Splinter Cannon

9 Wyches, Shardnet and Impaler
Raider, Flickerfield

3 Reavers, Heatlance

I secretly have an Archon, Duke sliscus and Venom transport to add as well, in case I wish to alter my list a bit for variation.
Back to top Go down
Shinobi_8745
Kabalite Warrior
Shinobi_8745

PostSubject: Re: Shin's at it again: Kabal of the Flayed Skull   Shin's at it again: Kabal of the Flayed Skull I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25 2012, 23:20

Time for yet another update.

I painted up 3 more models for my squads, in case I want a Sybarite, Hekatrix or a second Shardnet.

Managed to paint up 3 reavers, my raider and one of my two Haemonculi as well.

Shin's at it again: Kabal of the Flayed Skull Moretounits

Shin's at it again: Kabal of the Flayed Skull Raiderflayedskull

Shin's at it again: Kabal of the Flayed Skull Reaversflayedskull

Shin's at it again: Kabal of the Flayed Skull Haemmie1

And the current force as a whole.

Shin's at it again: Kabal of the Flayed Skull 500ptslist1
Back to top Go down
S'jet
Hellion
S'jet

PostSubject: Re: Shin's at it again: Kabal of the Flayed Skull   Shin's at it again: Kabal of the Flayed Skull I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28 2012, 21:44

I really like the hair + accessory colour. Compliments the red well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shin's at it again: Kabal of the Flayed Skull   Shin's at it again: Kabal of the Flayed Skull I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shin's at it again: Kabal of the Flayed Skull
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-
Jump to: