THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Seether's Dark Eldar (1k starter)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
seether
Slave

Seether's Dark Eldar (1k starter) Empty
PostSubject: Seether's Dark Eldar (1k starter)   Seether's Dark Eldar (1k starter) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15 2012, 04:32

Soon enough, I will begin to start posting up pictures of my Dark Eldar. I have just about every single model for the army and enough of everything to field a wide variety of armies. What I eventually plan on doing is writing a little bit of background fiction involving my Archon and hiring on a certain widely known Incubi... A man I intend to utilize in several games in the future.

Right now, I am starting with what I think is essential. You will notice that there are no Blasterborn in this list, and it very well may turn out that I won't ever. It was a little personal issue I had when I played Space Wolves. I never once fielded any Long Fangs. Anyhow. Here is my starting lineup.

HQ:
Archon (yet to be named):
-Huskblade
-Soul-trap
-Combat Drugs
-Ghostplate Armor

He'll be going into a unit of wyches who'll more often than not be leading an attack. Huskblade/Soul-trap for fun killing of ICs, Combat Drugs for the effects, Ghostplate for the 6+ invul. i was going to get the 2+ invul, but figured that I would need the points elsewhere at 1000 points.

Troops:
9xWyches:
-1xRazorflails
-Raider

This is the Archon's ride/meat shields. I am thinking I should add in a Flickerfield (and taking it off of a later force org choice), to help ensure this squad gets into combat. Storywise, I am still working out how he is leading not 1, but 2 squads of wyches. I like the razorflails. Of course everyone gets saves from them still, but I think they are just a little more effective versus other items in the list.

10xWyches:
-2xRazorflails
-Raider

A second squad?! Yes, 2.

10xKabalite Warriors:
-1xBlaster
-Raider

I could possibly get rid of the blaster and use the points elsewhere.

Heavy:
2xRavagers:

Typical anti-tank goodness. I doubt I'll field a list with anything less than 2 Ravagers.

Razorwing:
Flickerfield

Total points: 995

I am hellbent on using a Razorwing whenever possible. I know it isn't as competitive as a Ravager, and it probably won't be in 6th edition either, but it is by far the coolest looking model I have ever seen. Typically, I feel that using it from reserves is key to using it effectively, but opinions may vary (and so will personal playtesting). The flickerfield is a little eh... I want to move it to the Archon's wyches, but I don't know.

I think this might be good list for starters. 3 scoring squads, a fairly powerful Archon (whom I am sure people will suggest I lower the points of at 1k points. I think so too). 6 vehicles, all with Lances.

I'm not exactly looking at becoming ultra competitive at 1k, but I am wanting to know if this is a decent build. As I work on higher points squads, I am probably going to purchase up some Wracks or Grotesques (these guys and Venoms are the only things I currently do not own) and add in a Haemie (which I have). I PLAN on using Reavers as a supporting assault unit. I'd LOVE to use Mandrakes, but even though I'm not planning on being that competitive, even I can see that their usefulness right now is pretty dang limited. Maybe they'll be some sort of weird addition to be teamed up with a Haemie.

As points climb, I intend to toss in +1 Wych to the 9 wych squad and put the Archon with a proper Incubi squad. Finally, I have enough Wyches and Warriors that I could easily fill out 3/6 Elites/Troops if turn toward doing Trueborn or Bloodbrides.

Back to top Go down
Caldria
Kabalite Warrior
Caldria

PostSubject: Re: Seether's Dark Eldar (1k starter)   Seether's Dark Eldar (1k starter) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15 2012, 23:06

Hey, im still quite new to Dark Eldar - however, based on a lot of reading on forums, suggestions from others, and "theory crafting"

I would say you should probably add either a shadowfield or clonefield.

If your archon goes with the incubi retinue, then I'd suggest taking shadowfield with a phantasm grenade launcher to give the incubi the defensive and assault grenades, which they really need.

If you decide to send the archon with bloodbrides. give the bloodbrides 3 shardnet and impalers, then take clonefield with your archon. If you hug the enemies your archon faces with your 3 shardnet bloodbrides, they can stop 3 attacks against him - he then also has his clonefield which allows him to redirect 3 attacks to his clones, this is a great combo for the huskblade/soul trap archon, as it allows for easy IC hunting.

Although at 1k points the archon with all those upgrades seems rather expensive. So if you'd want a cheaper but killy HQ, a succubus with agonizer is fantastic, and goes well with the 9 wyches + razorflails, this will save you quite a few points.

otherwise the 3 troops choices look decent (could maybe put 1 splinter cannon with the 10 warriors if you go with the succubus and have the points to spare)

and the heavy support looks great.

Hope I helped in some way, and good luck Wink
Back to top Go down
Ebonhart
Kabalite Warrior
Ebonhart

PostSubject: Re: Seether's Dark Eldar (1k starter)   Seether's Dark Eldar (1k starter) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16 2012, 01:52

usually what happends is that people drop the ghostplate and add a shadow field, but this depends on tactics, if you just going to alocate wounds on the wyches and hope that you don't get shot at then this is fine. however in this case i expect the wyches to eat a unit alive then they are going to get shot to crap because the archon with a huskblade plus their attacks killed the unit on your turn. if your planning on finishing a combat in your opponant's turn I'd consider changing to a shard net. its getting late and my post isn't making since so in conclusion: thing about changing:

ghostplate to shadow field (its a 2+ invuln save vs everything till the first 1 then your screwed, where as clonefield is only vs melee, and the ghostplate, while constant has a higher saves. or if you have points keep the ghostplate and add a shadowfield even if that makes him expensive.)

huskblade to agonizer (huskblade is only useful with models with multiple wounds if your meta has alot of multiple wound models like nids thats fine if theres a lot of single wound high armor save then you might as well switch to an agonizer, its a power weapon that always wounds on a 4+ and its cheaper.

adding combat drugs (because Hitler was a drug free vegetarian, do your part to fight fasism, eat meat and do drugs.)

night
Back to top Go down
seether
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Seether's Dark Eldar (1k starter)   Seether's Dark Eldar (1k starter) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17 2012, 02:54

Thanks for the responses!

Ghostplate: I was questioning this as well. I was even thinking of taking it combined with the Shadowfield. I play tested that yesterday and found it highly useful. Failed 1 invul save then had a follow up powerfist to the face that got saved on a 6 from the Ghostplate. This was of course at the 1500 points level.

The wyches are wonderful once they reach close combat, but I may swap out the second squad for more warriors at the 1k points level. At 1500 points, the wyches held their own and allows a 5 man Incubi team to come in a mop up. My Archon proved to be a little lackluster. Not because of his gear, but because of poor dice rolls. There were a few key moments that would have caused him to gain so much more, if only the dice came up better.

I like the bloodbrides idea and I may adjust my army to fit them in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seether's Dark Eldar (1k starter)   Seether's Dark Eldar (1k starter) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seether's Dark Eldar (1k starter)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: