THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2k tournament list

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rancid blade
Kabalite Warrior

2k tournament list Empty
PostSubject: 2k tournament list   2k tournament list I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15 2012, 17:40

Hello all,

I am having a little bit of a conundrum concerning a 2k tournament list I am building for a local event. Here is the list thus far:

Haemonculi w/ liquifyergun, crucible of malediction
Haemonculi w/ liquifyergun, webway portal

3 x 3 Trueborn w/ 2 DL, Venom w/ S Cannon

2 x 9 Wyches Haywire grns, leader, agonizer, shardnet, Raider w/ flicker

3 x 5 Wracks w/ liquifyerguns, Raider w/ flicker

3x Ravager w/ flickr

Game plan: So the Haemonculi go with the wyches to give them FNP. The Wyches and Wracks zoom about grabbing objectives and holding them or playing blocker to whoever is coming at me while the Venoms and 20 dark lances shoot like crazy. The local event has a "get in your opponent's deployment zone" mission so I am taking the WWP for that.

I have a bunch of points left over and am considering either taking:
2x 10 Warrors w/ SCannon, Raider w/ disintegrator cannon (for shooting up those pesky Terminators), flicker. These units add to my scoring unit list and buff my anti heavy infantry shooting. I would have to drop one of the wrack squads however.

or

6x Reaver jet bikes w/ 2 Heat Lances for last minute objective grabbing and more lance goodness.

Which should I take? Don't get me started on the number of Kill points in the list. I am not sure what to do about it.

Ben
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

2k tournament list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k tournament list   2k tournament list I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15 2012, 19:39

I think the Warriors are superior in every way to the RJBs (though would take a lance and not a Dissie). WIth the Warriors you get better assured anti-mech alpha strike, better ability to kill infantry, and a fast scoring unit. With the bikes all you're getting is a fragile lance platform and a substandard infantry threat.

Back to top Go down
kenny3760
Sybarite

2k tournament list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k tournament list   2k tournament list I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15 2012, 20:19

I'm confused as to what the WWP is for. Every unit has a transport and you are easily capable of reaching the other side of the table. Taking units out of transports and trying to deploy them through a single portal sounds like a much bigger use risk than zooming about and dropping them off into cover.

Last edited by kenny3760 on Mon Jan 16 2012, 00:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
foeofnight
Hellion
foeofnight

2k tournament list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k tournament list   2k tournament list I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15 2012, 20:31

I also think that the warriors are superior in many ways. When running jetbikes with heat lances you have to get within 9" for them to start making their points back... After they kill one vehicle they almost always die next turn. Ive slowly started moving away from RJB because they feel to suidical for me.

As for warrior squads I like runnnig 10 with a DL in a Raider with a DL. This gives you 2 DL's that can fire at seperate targets if need be. This will spread your anti-tank firepower out so that the enemy can't fire at just one target and wipe most of your DL's out.

If you take the above squads to get some more AT firepower I would almost condsider dropping the raiders on the wracks and giving them venoms for more long range AI firepower.

I find the trueborn hit or miss with the configuration you have there. It all depends if the opponent recognizes the easy kill and goes for that squad. If you leave them in the venom then you have to stay stationary to stay productive and if you get blown up you are probably out a venom and the squad. If you leave them on the table then the opponent really only has to force one wound and they have a pretty good chance of running off the table... If you plan on keeping the units in the venoms I would recommend running blasters instead (3 of them) so that you can stay mobile. If you are looking for a sit back and blow up stuff squad there arent many that can do it better than the squad you have there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2k tournament list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k tournament list   2k tournament list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2k tournament list
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-