THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Greetings from the Archon of Kabal of the Shadow Wraiths

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Xelkireth
In Exile

Greetings from the Archon of Kabal of the Shadow Wraiths Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from the Archon of Kabal of the Shadow Wraiths   Greetings from the Archon of Kabal of the Shadow Wraiths I_icon_minitimeSat May 14 2011, 09:49

I've been playing 40k for six plus years now. The deciding factors for armies for me was, and still is, in this order: Background story, conversion potential, model aesthetic, plastic kitbashing potential and then rules. My first choice in the matter was Dark Eldar, but after seeing the hideous models (mind you this was in 2005), I elected to start with Chaos. Having gotten reamed in the new Codex, I sold my entire Chaos force (which was a completely converted all sonic Emperor's Children army) and lurked around for a few years.

I picked up a small Eldar force when a previous employer started an escalation league at work. I got my army up to 1750 and was did fairly well. That army was set on the backburner as I quickly got sick of units breaking and running. I returned to my Chaos roots, but really lacked any motivation at all to finish building what I purchased. And then... the unexpected happened. In the same month, Duke Nukem Forever was announced followed by the announcement of the rerelease of Dark Eldar.

I traded/sold the remaining boxes and models of my Eldar and Chaos armies to help fund the descent into true evil. Which, in a round about way, leads me to now. Without further rambling and background stuff, I bid you all hello.
Back to top Go down
The Pale King
Slave
The Pale King

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Archon of Kabal of the Shadow Wraiths   Greetings from the Archon of Kabal of the Shadow Wraiths I_icon_minitimeSat May 14 2011, 09:53

Welcome.

Your story greatly reminds me of my own. You choose armies for the same reason, and I too wanted to go with DE originally, but went with Chaos after seeing the models. Only to sell off my Chaos with the new codex and buy a small Eldar force until the new Dark Eldar came along.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Archon of Kabal of the Shadow Wraiths   Greetings from the Archon of Kabal of the Shadow Wraiths I_icon_minitimeSat May 14 2011, 17:15

Welcome to Commorragh....

I hope you enjoy your stay.

Twisted Evil

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Archon of Kabal of the Shadow Wraiths   Greetings from the Archon of Kabal of the Shadow Wraiths I_icon_minitimeSat May 14 2011, 20:43

I don't know much about running a forum, but I'm willing to help out in any capacity I can. I think I write pretty well.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Archon of Kabal of the Shadow Wraiths   Greetings from the Archon of Kabal of the Shadow Wraiths I_icon_minitimeTue May 17 2011, 01:23

Thank you for your offer. At this time we are not yet in need of additional staff but as the site grows we will be opening up an application process for new Patron positions.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Archon of Kabal of the Shadow Wraiths   Greetings from the Archon of Kabal of the Shadow Wraiths I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from the Archon of Kabal of the Shadow Wraiths
Page 1 of 1