THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

First ever DE list - 1250 points

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Asrodrig
Hellion
Asrodrig

First ever DE list - 1250 points Empty
PostSubject: First ever DE list - 1250 points   First ever DE list - 1250 points I_icon_minitimeMon May 30 2011, 01:40

=HQ=

Archon
Huskblade
Soul-trap
Shadow Field
Phantasm Grenade Launcher

=ELITES=

5x Incubi
Raider

=TROOPS=

15x Kabalite Warriors
Blaster
Dark Lance

15x Kabalite Warriors
Blaster
Dark Lance

10x Wyches
Hekatrix
Agoniser
2x Hydra Gauntlets
Raider

=FAST ATTACK=

10x Scourges
4x Splinter Cannons

=HEAVY SUPPORT=

Chronos Parasite Engine
Spirit Vortex

Total is 1250 points on the nose. Comments and criticisms appreciated, since this is the first Dark Eldar list I have written, after only reading through the Codex today.

Last edited by Asrodrig on Mon May 30 2011, 04:11; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Made some changes 9;10 pm on 29/5/2011)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ARodriguez258
The Strange Dude
Master of Raids
The Strange Dude

PostSubject: Re: First ever DE list - 1250 points   First ever DE list - 1250 points I_icon_minitimeMon May 30 2011, 05:28

Asrodrig wrote:
=HQ=

Archon
Huskblade
Soul-trap
Shadow Field
Fairly standard build maybe too expensive at 1250pt level but not bad

=ELITES=

5x Incubi
Raider
Archon retinue? and as such ok you could drop it by one and swap the raider for a venom (w/2 splinter cannons of course) as a venom is smaller and easier to hide.

=TROOPS=

15x Kabalite Warriors
Blaster
Dark Lance
Big units that are quite fragile if you want to go the larger squad with DL route I'd stick to 10man squads and try to squeeze in a 3rd

15x Kabalite Warriors
Blaster
Dark Lance

10x Wyches
Hekatrix
Agoniser
2x Hydra Gauntlets
Raider

=FAST ATTACK=

10x Scourges
4x Splinter Cannons
Splinter cannons aint great for scourges, they give you 1 extra shot per guy if you are moving and in this squad that means 4 extra shots for 40pts, not exactly value for money.

=HEAVY SUPPORT=

Chronos Parasite Engine
Spirit Vortex
The only problem with this and it's brother the talos is they are a very slow unit that needs to be close to the opponent to hurt it.

Total is 1250 points on the nose. Comments and criticisms appreciated, since this is the first Dark Eldar list I have written, after only reading through the Codex today.

My comments in red.

For a first go it's not bad at all, I think it's biggest problem is in giving both kinds of target to your opponent (both mech and infantry) and a few of the overpriced options, that and your own anti-tank is a bit meh.

Not bad, in my opinion DE don't really start to shine till 1500+ and under that value can be a struggle but what do you want from the list?
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: First ever DE list - 1250 points   First ever DE list - 1250 points I_icon_minitimeMon May 30 2011, 08:04

I rather go for Heamonculus as HQ, specially at that point level. Archon + Soul trap isnt something I like at a list with this low points imo. The players you will meet is likely to play 1 IC, and usualy not a soft target, so the question is if your Archon will get a kill?

And I am not a fan of footdar tbh. I think footdar is reserved for a coven list with WWP imo. But not a fan of those either.

If it was me Id go with 2x or 3x Ravangers, and warrior squads of either 5xWarriors+Blaster+Venom or 10xWarriors+Blaster+Splinter Cannon+Raider with FF.
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: First ever DE list - 1250 points   First ever DE list - 1250 points I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 01:35

Asrodrig wrote:
=HQ=

Archon
Huskblade
Soul-trap
Shadow Field
Too expensive for such a small point cost, though undoubtedly effective. A pair of Haemunculi would work better with this list, as you have two foot slogging units of Warriors that could use some FNP.
=ELITES=

5x Incubi
Raider

=TROOPS=

15x Kabalite Warriors
Blaster
Dark Lance

15x Kabalite Warriors
Blaster
Dark Lance

10x Wyches
Hekatrix
Agoniser
2x Hydra Gauntlets
Raider

=FAST ATTACK=

10x Scourges
4x Splinter Cannons
You need more dark lances, or some haywire blasters. 6 Splinter Carbines will give you plenty of poisoned shots.
=HEAVY SUPPORT=

Chronos Parasite Engine
Spirit Vortex

Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
Todo13
Kabalite Warrior
Todo13

PostSubject: Re: First ever DE list - 1250 points   First ever DE list - 1250 points I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 03:35

Asrodrig wrote:
=HQ=

Archon
Huskblade
Soul-trap
Shadow Field
good
=ELITES=

5x Incubi
Raider

=TROOPS=

15x Kabalite Warriors
Blaster
Dark lance
Drop 5 and blaster and put in raider
15x Kabalite Warriors
Blaster
Dark Lance
same as above
10x Wyches
Hekatrix
Agoniser
2x Hydra Gauntlets
Raider

=FAST ATTACK=

10x Scourges
4x Splinter Cannons
Drop splinter cannons
=HEAVY SUPPORT=

Chronos Parasite Engine
Spirit Vortex

Drop this guy and see if you can cut points elsewhere to fit in 2 ravagers.

Pretty good overall just a few tweaks
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: First ever DE list - 1250 points   First ever DE list - 1250 points I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 03:38

Todo13 wrote:
Asrodrig wrote:
=HQ=

Archon
Huskblade
Soul-trap
Shadow Field
good
=ELITES=

5x Incubi
Raider

=TROOPS=

15x Kabalite Warriors
Blaster
Dark lance
Drop 5 and blaster and put in raider
15x Kabalite Warriors
Blaster
Dark Lance
same as above
10x Wyches
Hekatrix
Agoniser
2x Hydra Gauntlets
Raider

=FAST ATTACK=

10x Scourges
4x Splinter Cannons
Drop splinter cannons
=HEAVY SUPPORT=

Chronos Parasite Engine
Spirit Vortex

Drop this guy and see if you can cut points elsewhere to fit in 2 ravagers.

Pretty good overall just a few tweaks

I think he's going for a footdar list. While your advice is solid, I think we should steer him in the direction he wants, not into the standard Raider lists.

scratch Now if he just gave us some feedback to confirm if he wants to go footdar or not, it would makes this a lot easier.
Back to top Go down
Asrodrig
Hellion
Asrodrig

PostSubject: Re: First ever DE list - 1250 points   First ever DE list - 1250 points I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 04:53

Thanks for the tips, guys. I don't really know if I want to go footdar or not - it would certainly work, I think, because 1250 games are played on a 4' x 4' board here. My goal was basically just to create a generic list that would see some use from all the models that I really like (eg Archon, Scourges, Talos/Chronos).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ARodriguez258
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: First ever DE list - 1250 points   First ever DE list - 1250 points I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 07:15

Well in that case, do what you want because what looks cool is always best. clown
You don't really see much footdar and even less of the Dark variety, so going all foot (or mainly on foot) will make your army stand out. Fluff wise, on foot armies make more sense if you lean towards a Coven theme. Kabals tend to run with the whole aerial assault thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First ever DE list - 1250 points   First ever DE list - 1250 points I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First ever DE list - 1250 points
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: