THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Reapers as Viable Choices

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ichiyo1821
Slave

Reapers as Viable Choices Empty
PostSubject: Reapers as Viable Choices   Reapers as Viable Choices I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16 2012, 14:56

I've been pondering the use of the new IA:2nd ed DE units and I was wondering if the Reaper is any good if i were to swap 1 or 2 Ravagers for it. I've already weighed the pros and cons like how the Reaper only has 1 weapon thus "less" survivable than the 3 lance Ravager but Penetrating on any rolls of 5 or 6 seems quite appealing. It's possible to hit a vehicle 4x and produce more damage as you at least glance anything on 2's wherein even against av10, lances have a chance of rolling 1s for penetration. Against av12 and above where you need at least 4s to glance, the Haywire rule of the Storm Vortex Projector comes out better. I am not so good with math and was hoping someone can do the numbers of a tri-shot BS4 lance Ravager v.s. a single shot SVP Reaper before I start investing in them (buying the original model or scratchbuilding one from a Raider).

Of topic, I doubt it's competitiveness but I've thought of making a AV12 DE with FF. You take 1 Tantalus for an Archon with Court, Dias of Destruction, 3 more HS Tantalus then the rest Raiders all with Warriors and Trueborns. Razz Seems fun and will probably murder Draigowings lol!
Back to top Go down
vect
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Reapers as Viable Choices   Reapers as Viable Choices I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29 2012, 16:21

i wudnt bother uv allready stated y it sucks and being an old model u cant use it neway lol

av12 wud be amazing tho hehe lol if only
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Reapers as Viable Choices   Reapers as Viable Choices I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29 2012, 19:09

I scratchbuilt one, its not so difficult. Magnetize the main weapon so that you can use the vehicle in other roles if your want to. https://thedarkcity.forummotion.com/t278p20-the-serpents-breath

The Reaper is a good vehicle to use, as long as it survives, it kills other vehicles quite well. The two main sticking points are that it is no more survivable than any of our other gasoline-soaked flying cardboard boxes, and unlike our CWE brethren, it only has one weapon. Lose that and its completely useless.

However, no one should be playing DE expecting their vehicles to last, so if you want to have some and field one, or more, go ahead.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reapers as Viable Choices   Reapers as Viable Choices I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reapers as Viable Choices
Page 1 of 1