THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Kin height

Go down 
+4
Haunter!
Torpedo Vegas
Nomic
Local_Ork
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

Dark Kin height Empty
PostSubject: Dark Kin height   Dark Kin height I_icon_minitimeMon May 30 2011, 02:45

Hello!

I wonder how high are Dark Eldar. Not according to models, but to fluff.
It nearly always seem that "elves" are (depending on convention) higher or lower than humans.

Codex states they are tall, however old DE models are... tiny (really, they are midgets)! New ones kinda fixed this problem (kinda), but still they are not as big as I wondered (high as SM).

Is that good scale? I'm pretty sure that creatures with extended endoskeleton (according to Xenology book "good" Eldar have some sort of supdermal body armour) easly could be at least 2 meters high (average man stands ~1,8m), probably a bit more due to eugenics (big = better), prolonged existence and augmentations/chemistry.

And yes, I'm asking for "reference" for my scratchbuild army. I've made basic sculpt of "space chick" and difference between her and current DE models is as big as between old and new Warrior (about half of head). To make things worse, she is on high heels and in running ,which make her really, really high (maybe it's "truscale sculpt" fault, GW models have short femurs and all heroscale "disabilities").
Anyway she is 3mm higher than Space Marine (without base she is same height as marine WITH base)...

I'm gonna upload comparision picture ASAP.
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

Dark Kin height Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Kin height   Dark Kin height I_icon_minitimeMon May 30 2011, 08:19

I'd assume the Dark Eldar are physiologically very similar to Craftworlders (they're somewhat more muscular but due to the way Eldar musculature works, it wouldn't majorly alter their appearance). Craftworld Eldar are very tall, taller than humans for sure. There's a picture somewhere with an Eldar standign next to a Marine, and the Eldar is about as tall (taller if you'd take into account the pointy helmet most Eldar seems to wear).

Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

Dark Kin height Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Kin height   Dark Kin height I_icon_minitimeMon May 30 2011, 12:02

Ok, reference picture:

Dark Kin height Eldar10

I also picked Lelith model about 10 or so minuted ago and... whoops, despite standing on stone she is about 0,5 mm smaller Shocked

I don't know, maybe it's her pose? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

Dark Kin height Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Kin height   Dark Kin height I_icon_minitimeMon May 30 2011, 16:23

According to Path of the Warrior, the one Dark Eldar guy in it is a taller and more gaunt than the Craftworlders, but otherwise looks like them, so however tall a "normal" eldar is.
Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
Haunter!
Slave
Haunter!

Dark Kin height Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Kin height   Dark Kin height I_icon_minitimeMon May 30 2011, 20:40

I'm sure height varies amongst the race as Eldar are not necessarily genetically altered to all be the same frame like Space Marines are. Eldar are always described as being taller than most of the human race (by about a head) and most humans are describes as only coming up to the bicep of a Space Marine. A particularly tall human may come up to a Marine's collar.

I think the best scale would be about the same height as a taller human, placing an average Eldar at the collar of a Space Marine or eye level with his helmet's mouth grill.

Of course, this is fluff. On the table we see guardsmen and Marines getting into staring contests...
Back to top Go down
Rangrok1k
Hellion

Location : The Spires of upper Commorragh, amongst the Scourges

Dark Kin height Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Kin height   Dark Kin height I_icon_minitimeMon May 30 2011, 21:45

It really doesn't matter. As long as they are all vaguely the same size as other models, no one will notice or care. I saw one guy who made a Space Marine in proper scale to an Imperial Guardsman. He had to use Terminators and lots of Greenstuff. That, and look inside a Rhino, or Land Raider, or Wave Serpent. You can't really fit that many models inside of them (Although I have gotten 10 Kabalite Warriors to hang off a Raider before. It looked stupid Razz).

Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

Dark Kin height Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Kin height   Dark Kin height I_icon_minitimeMon May 30 2011, 22:34

Only marginally related, but Fantasy High/Dark elves range in hight from 5'4 all the way to 6'2, on average, according to WFRP 2e. This is as close as I've found (so far) in my search to get an actual height down.
Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
furyan
Hellion

Dark Kin height Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Kin height   Dark Kin height I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30 2011, 09:13

i read somewhere that the can look a space marine in the eye while they tortured him, and some indication that they are even slightly taller but only slender. would that make them maybe around 8 and 1/2 feet tall?
Back to top Go down
rider
Hellion

Dark Kin height Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Kin height   Dark Kin height I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30 2011, 10:00

furyan wrote:
i read somewhere that the can look a space marine in the eye while they tortured him....

ah, but we can even look a hive tyrant in the eye while it's strapped to the torture rack Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
furyan
Hellion

Dark Kin height Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Kin height   Dark Kin height I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30 2011, 10:07

rider wrote:
furyan wrote:
i read somewhere that the can look a space marine in the eye while they tortured him....

ah, but we can even look a hive tyrant in the eye while it's strapped to the torture rack Twisted Evil

hahaha good point Smile let me look for that fluff again so i can check if the marine was lying down, i think it was in the old DE codex.
Back to top Go down
Anggul
Sybarite
Anggul

Dark Kin height Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Kin height   Dark Kin height I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02 2011, 21:20

Eldar are described as 'invariably tall and long-limbed', but they aren't as tall as a space marine. Space marines are usually about 8ft tall, an 'average' Eldar would probably be about 6.5ft...ish, I guess.

"Oh how awful, did he at least die painlessly? To shreds you say? Well, how's his Dracon holding up? To shreds you say? Very well then... Sad, sad, terrible gruesome news about my colleague Archon Mhu'bhutu." - 'The Feather', Dracon of the Bladed Lotus
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dark Kin height Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Kin height   Dark Kin height I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Kin height
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Background
-