THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1000 Point Army: Starting to collect Dark Eldar

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Captain Hive
Slave

1000 Point Army: Starting to collect Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: 1000 Point Army: Starting to collect Dark Eldar   1000 Point Army: Starting to collect Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18 2012, 16:22

I've been thinking about collecting a Dark Eldar army for some great length of time now, and I've finally given in to it. This will be my 3rd army I will have collected. And because of the constant Games workshop price increases I’m deciding to only go for one thousand points with these guys.

So I’ve bought the codex about a week ago and after continual re-reads of the units profiles. I’ve created an Idea of how I want my army to look and play. I do realise that it’s about collecting models and trial and error about what works against what and what doesn’t work at all. So I was hoping by displaying my Ideas you guys could give me some feedback and help me on how and what I should get.

HQ: Archon XXpts - Soul trap XXpts, Huskblade XXpts, Ghostplate Armour XXpts, Webway Portal XXpts

=150pts

Elites: Incubi X4 88pts - (Joined with Archon) Venom 55pts

=143pts

Wracks X5 50pts

Troops: Kabalite Warriors X10 90pts - Splinter Cannon XXpts, Raider 60pts

=160pts

Wychs X10 100pts - Hydra Gauntlets X2 XXpts, Raider 60pts

=180pts

Fast Attack: Scourges X5 110pts - Splinter Cannon XXpts Heat Lance XXpts

132pts

Heavy Support: Ravager 105pts

Cronos 80pts

Total: 1000pts

So this is what I was thinking....

Archon and his Incubi Ride the Venom
Warriors and Wychs Ride the Raiders
Scourges Fly
Ravager rides itself
Cronos + Wracks enter play through Webway Portal

Everything can move quickly around the map. And the Cronos and Wracks are 2 surprise units.

Close Combat:
Archon + 4Incubi for the heavy commander units or tough armoured Infantry.
10 Wychs anti-infantry
5 Wracks anti-infantry (I suppose more shooty guys that aren’t armed with close combat weapons)

Ranged
10 Warriors anti-infantry
5 Scourges anti-infantry + anti-vehicle weapon (melta+lance)
2 Raiders anti-vehicle (once the troops have disembarked)
Ravager anti-vehicle

Support
Cronos anti infantry (supports wracks + Archon/Incubi)

15 close combat guys for all kinds of infantry
15 shooters anti infantry (scourges have an anti-vehicle weapon as well)
5 dark lances (3 on ravager, 1 on both raiders)

I was trying to get a good balance of close combat guys and shooters and I usually dont give squads loads of upgrades because I like have a strong number of models in the unit. I think that the Incubi and the Archon are badass, they look so damn cool, and I think the scourges and the warriors are really amazing, aesthetically. I’m not too fussed about Wychs but I do need a balance of Close combat guys so that’s why I chose them (and they're troops) I'm not so sure about the Wracks, are they too weak to gun fire? I thought the Cronos could make them stronger. The Archon would use the Webway portal to bring out the Wracks and the Cronos in the middle of the battle at full strength.

An alternative would be to remove the wracks and upgrade the Cronos and the warrior raider with splinter racks. Maybe as well to equip the Wychs with a leader plus upgraded weapons?

Let me hear what you guys think Smile

Hive

Modded - please check the forum rules and do not post the points cost of specific upgrades or weapons. All you really need to post is the total for each unit including upgrades and transports. Gob.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Point Army: Starting to collect Dark Eldar   1000 Point Army: Starting to collect Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19 2012, 11:14

I'd be tempted to say it's a bit light on the troops side of things, particularly if you need to claim objectives. You could look at taking a haemonculus to make the wracks a troop choice, given the 1000 point limit I'd say maybe swap the husk blade for either a venom blade or a power weapon, depending on what you're facing.

Fast attack I would probably swap out the heat lance for a haywire blaster, the heat lance is better at close range, but the haywire blaster would be more likely to give you a consistent result i'd say.

Only a minor point, but the wych box only includes one set of hydra gauntlets.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Captain Hive
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Point Army: Starting to collect Dark Eldar   1000 Point Army: Starting to collect Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19 2012, 19:41

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
I'd be tempted to say it's a bit light on the troops side of things, particularly if you need to claim objectives. You could look at taking a haemonculus to make the wracks a troop choice, given the 1000 point limit I'd say maybe swap the husk blade for either a venom blade or a power weapon, depending on what you're facing.

Fast attack I would probably swap out the heat lance for a haywire blaster, the heat lance is better at close range, but the haywire blaster would be more likely to give you a consistent result i'd say.

Only a minor point, but the wych box only includes one set of hydra gauntlets.

(with the idea of adding a another troop chioce) how about his... replace Huskblade with power weapon. remove the wrack unit. and the wych unit (not the raider) add another splinter cannon warrior squad in that raider. and 7 Wychs can appear from the Webway Portal. Also the Cronos can have the spirit vortex upgrade.

So the Cronos can fire twice and apply 2 pain tokens a turn which means my cheap Wychs will be tougher. Also the new Warrior squad can swap with the wychs between games and the I will have more ranged fire support and 3 troops Smile
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Point Army: Starting to collect Dark Eldar   1000 Point Army: Starting to collect Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25 2012, 12:31

Sounds like an improvement to me, with the inherent fragility of DE, more troops units is good if you've got to claim objectives. Good idea with the cronos too, I personally wouldn't take one without a haemonculus, but that's just me.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Point Army: Starting to collect Dark Eldar   1000 Point Army: Starting to collect Dark Eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1000 Point Army: Starting to collect Dark Eldar
Page 1 of 1