THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

HQ Edition comment thread: Steev

Go down 
+4
foeofnight
Ebonhart
Gobsmakked
GAR
8 posters
AuthorMessage
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

HQ Edition comment thread:  Steev Empty
PostSubject: HQ Edition comment thread: Steev   HQ Edition comment thread:  Steev I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20 2012, 20:45

Comment thread for Steev entry

HQ Edition comment thread:  Steev Mr_lat10

This is a really cool conversion. It has some weird anime feel to it, like those tentacles could just start growing and (HUSH YOUR MOUTH). Twisted Evil

But seriously, I like this very much. A really really evil Dr. Octopus and the use of bits is really good too.

What strikes me most is even though the figure is human, it still looks like a DE.

Bravo!

HQ Edition comment thread:  Steev Youdaamrg
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition comment thread: Steev   HQ Edition comment thread:  Steev I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20 2012, 20:49

Agree with GAR, it is clearly DE while simultaneously being completely different. Very nicely done!

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Ebonhart
Kabalite Warrior
Ebonhart

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition comment thread: Steev   HQ Edition comment thread:  Steev I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20 2012, 20:53

its going to look awesome panted, it feels almost hellraiser-ish
Back to top Go down
foeofnight
Hellion
foeofnight

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition comment thread: Steev   HQ Edition comment thread:  Steev I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20 2012, 21:11

When I first saw this conversion only one word came to mind... WOW!

Seriously the model brings the fear of DE to mind so well. Can't wait for the painted version!
Back to top Go down
steev
Hellion
steev

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition comment thread: Steev   HQ Edition comment thread:  Steev I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21 2012, 05:15

Thanks guys.
When I spied the Renegade Psykers I instantly knew what I was going to do with him. He is a very buff haemonculus but the extracting of essenses from the head is gold. I shaved his ear to try and give it a more eldar look. Anyway I hope the final result lives up to expectation.

HQ Edition comment thread:  Steev P1020611

HQ Edition comment thread:  Steev P1020612
Back to top Go down
gunnerboy1607
Kabalite Warrior
gunnerboy1607

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition comment thread: Steev   HQ Edition comment thread:  Steev I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01 2012, 10:09

DAMN!!!! i think this is prob one of the best h-monkey conversions ive seen!!!! Very Happy
just a question...what models and bitz did u use to make this.....this thing? Razz (i know about the talos tails)

Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition comment thread: Steev   HQ Edition comment thread:  Steev I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01 2012, 10:18

Great use of the renegade psyker, it looks really great. I mean, it's not like the usual haemonculi looks like dark eldar, right?

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
gunnerboy1607
Kabalite Warrior
gunnerboy1607

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition comment thread: Steev   HQ Edition comment thread:  Steev I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01 2012, 14:04

renegade psyker? from which model range? :O

Sybarite
speedfreek

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition comment thread: Steev   HQ Edition comment thread:  Steev I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01 2012, 17:31

Forge Worlds Renegade Imperial Guards.
Back to top Go down
steev
Hellion
steev

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition comment thread: Steev   HQ Edition comment thread:  Steev I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05 2012, 09:45

Yep, renegade psyker from forgeworld. Once you see the base I was working from it is actually an easy conversion - add some tenticals and arms from a talos + some chains, hooks, and skulls, and hey presto you are done. The forgeworld model is a great model, as per most forgeworld it is over scaled so it looms over my kabal warriors adding to his menance.
Back to top Go down
gunnerboy1607
Kabalite Warrior
gunnerboy1607

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition comment thread: Steev   HQ Edition comment thread:  Steev I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05 2012, 10:55

that is a really awe inspiring model!!! hope u dont mind if i copy it!!! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: HQ Edition comment thread: Steev   HQ Edition comment thread:  Steev I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HQ Edition comment thread: Steev
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: The Competition Arena
-
Jump to: