THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Grotesque Question.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lululu_42
Kabalite Warrior
lululu_42

Grotesque Question. Empty
PostSubject: Grotesque Question.   Grotesque Question. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2012, 08:35

If I have a Unit of Grotesques in reserves but they don't include a IC do they need to roll for Berserk Rampage while they wait in reserve?

If no then would you have to roll when the come out of reserve or the Turn after?
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Question.   Grotesque Question. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2012, 08:48

You roll at the beginning of the movement phase for Berserk Rampage. Not on the board=no movement phase. Interesting question as a model entering from reserve starts off of the table rather than on it. I always start mine on the board to rush the 24" of their Raider straight into the opponents army Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
lululu_42
Kabalite Warrior
lululu_42

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Question.   Grotesque Question. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2012, 08:53

Yea I was wondering because I am trying to come up with a 2k list and I would like to have them pop out of my WWP and hook up with my Hamies on the ground ( and I ran out of HQ slots). I just don't want to lose them before they even get out of the portals.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Question.   Grotesque Question. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2012, 15:21

This is the exact same thing as with Chaos Dreads - you only roll for fire frenzy/berserk if they're on the table, as long as they're in reserves they're fine.

Also, since you roll for reserves at the start of the movement phase, you're not on the table for that turn's start of the movement phase and, again, don't have to check.

So the first time Grots coming out of a WWP would have to worry about Berserk Frenzy would be the turn *after* they came out of the portal - make sense?
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Question.   Grotesque Question. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2012, 16:46

I was also assuming that they would roll the turn that they arrive because of not starting the movement phase on the board=no roll. Makes sense to me Twisted Evil Not a bad tactic if you brought them in via WWP deep enough into the opponents line, though it would be a long shot to make its points back.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Question.   Grotesque Question. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2012, 20:00

I have a friend who likes to put his Chaos Dreads into reserve for this exact thing - it assures him of at least one round with the Dread doing what he wants it to do Wink
Back to top Go down
lululu_42
Kabalite Warrior
lululu_42

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Question.   Grotesque Question. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2012, 21:22

Thanks for the clarification!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grotesque Question.   Grotesque Question. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grotesque Question.
Page 1 of 1