THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

What chapter..?

Go down 
2 posters

What chapter sounds best?
Dornian Heresy World Eaters
What chapter..? Voteba1317%What chapter..? Voteba15
 17% [ 1 ]
Dragon Guard
What chapter..? Voteba1383%What chapter..? Voteba15
 83% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

What chapter..? Empty
PostSubject: What chapter..?   What chapter..? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25 2012, 18:50

I am having some plans of starting a smaller Space Marine army, but I cannot decide what chapter of these two I want most. Perhaps you could help me a little? First of all, the Dornian Heresy is , I quote, "an alternate timeline in which Warmaster Horus was able to cast off the daemonic influences that sought to possess him, and where the Ruinous Powers were instead forced to corrupt Rogal Dorn to overthrow the Emperor. The Dornian Heresy is the tale of an alternate universe where choices, sometimes large, sometimes small, have led to the familiar primarchs and legions meeting very different fates. For instance, how different might things have turned out if Sanguinius had instead been found and raised by the mutant tribes of Baal, or if Angron’s first meeting with the Emperor had been as an honourable ally against the slavers at Fedan Mhor? All this and more is in the first issue of the Legio Imprint." Very good reading indeed, make a search for it.

So I thought about either making World Eaters as they would have been (probably using the Space Wolves Codex as they have CCW-armed troops).

My other idea is a chapter I have made up myself, the Dragon Guard, a successor chapter of the Salamanders. They look like this (painted one for a Space Marine Conclave):
What chapter..? 202797_sm-Dragon%2C%20Guard%2C%20Space%2C%20Space%20Marines
What chapter..? 202798_sm-Dragon%2C%20Guard%2C%20Space%2C%20Space%20Marines

and are slightly based on ancient chinese history, in some ways. Their chapter master is named Zhaoren (would use Vulkan He'stan for him), but otherwise there is not much background made up so far.

I personally like both ideas... but I certainly cannot afford making two new armies...

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

What chapter..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What chapter..?   What chapter..? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21 2012, 22:12

Why be tied wholly to someone else's vision? Go with the DIY Salamander successor!

Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/

What chapter..?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DISCUSSION

:: Warhammer 40,000 Discussion
-
Jump to: