THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Eldar Rangers potential?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ythillan
Hellion
Ythillan

Eldar Rangers potential? Empty
PostSubject: Eldar Rangers potential?   Eldar Rangers potential? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27 2012, 03:17

I really would like to make use of the finecast eldar rangers. They have a lot going for them..cloaked, so automatically evil looking and crucially less craftworld in appearance and have eldar weapons (duh!) that can be converted to things such as blasters for trueborn in your sleep.

My only concern is that they have those stupid 'ranger' packs on their back. I believe that is a separate piece? Can anyone confirm? While your at it, could you tell me what it looks without the pack - is a trophy rack feesable?

Does anyone feel they would be too rustic looking if I converted them as trueborn? I was hoping the cloaks would help set them aside from the commoners but I don't want them to be Eldar Aragorns!
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Rangers potential?   Eldar Rangers potential? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27 2012, 03:44

Ranger pack is a separate piece. (I play CWE also) Without it they just have a small hole in their backs that could easily be hidden by a trophy rack. I have the pewter versions, but the Finecast versions also have separate packs.

Could look cool if you spiked them up a bit.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Rangers potential?   Eldar Rangers potential? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27 2012, 04:47

If You can switch ones with helmets for helm-less (chat with Eldar players) and get Blast Pistol barrels, they would make perfect Blasterborn...
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Rangers potential?   Eldar Rangers potential? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27 2012, 08:49

Local_Ork wrote:
If You can switch ones with helmets for helm-less (chat with Eldar players) and get Blast Pistol barrels, they would make perfect Blasterborn...
Very good idea, I like that a lot! I'd say though, as the despiser of helmetless heads that I am, that it would look better either converting the helmets with warious hooks and the like, or cutting them off and replacing them with dark eldar helmets (but that is just a personal opinion).

Show us how it turns out when/if you do it.
Back to top Go down
Ythillan
Hellion
Ythillan

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Rangers potential?   Eldar Rangers potential? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27 2012, 13:58

Thanks for the info folks. I just ordered 2 boxes so that will cover 3 x 3 blasterborn. I'll pop that up sometime next week.

I managed to find a youtube unboxing showing the details of the back and I am very confident on the potential for these as trueborn.
Back to top Go down
Cailos
Kabalite Warrior
Cailos

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Rangers potential?   Eldar Rangers potential? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27 2012, 14:36

Just want to comment that it is alittle diffult to remove the heads from these models. But if you are lucky you may only have to remove five of them because one of the guys in the set has a hood and another doesn't have a helm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Rangers potential?   Eldar Rangers potential? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eldar Rangers potential?
Page 1 of 1