THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

White armor color scheme

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
frankjones11
Slave

White armor color scheme Empty
PostSubject: White armor color scheme   White armor color scheme I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29 2012, 00:48

Hello my fellow denizens of Commorragh! This is my first post and I am new to the hobby so bear with me. I'm looking for some ideas on how to paint white armor, and what colors would go well with it as highlights on the edges of the armor. I already have some personal fluff I'm going to call them the Kabal of the Deathly Chill, so I was wondering if anyone knows how to give white a cold hue of sorts. I've already primed them white if that helps in anything. Thanks everyone!
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: White armor color scheme   White armor color scheme I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29 2012, 02:24

Check out Wilku's entry in the Archon's Challenge.
He painted a Laeman in white shaded with Shadow Grey. It is BEAUTIFUL. You might be able to pull that off with armor. https://thedarkcity.forummotion.com/t2037-hq-edition-comment-thread-wilku

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Aroshamash
Sybarite
Aroshamash

PostSubject: Re: White armor color scheme   White armor color scheme I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01 2012, 10:41

I'm going to be doing a Dark Eldar army with white and black armour, with green for a spot colour.

To give a colder hue, I'd shade with Shadow Grey, as Evil suggests, and stick to "colder" colours such as blue and green for your spot colours. Use as little red, yellow and brown as possible, and you should do alright.

Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: White armor color scheme   White armor color scheme I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01 2012, 11:28

A great colour to start with for general white is Astronomican Grey, though. That's what I use for my Craftworld Eldars white ( https://thedarkcity.forummotion.com/t120-my-craftworlders], I however use Vallejo white for the highlights instead of citadel skull white, I find it quite useless.

Oh, and indeed, shadow/fenris grey makes an excellent shade on white. I didn't do that on my Eldar, but a bit like that on my Incubi's helmets.

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: White armor color scheme   White armor color scheme I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

White armor color scheme
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: