THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar Terrain In New WD

Go down 
+7
Venkh
kargenetic
Torpedo Vegas
Preacher
Gobsmakked
Xelkireth
Sky Serpent
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Dark Eldar Terrain In New WD Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar Terrain In New WD   Dark Eldar Terrain In New WD I_icon_minitimeMon May 30 2011, 18:08

If anyone has picked up the new White Dwarf you would have seen the DE themed terrain they have built for it. Go have a look. Hoping an article appears on the GW site in the near future about it.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Terrain In New WD   Dark Eldar Terrain In New WD I_icon_minitimeMon May 30 2011, 19:16

Sky Serpent wrote:
If anyone has picked up the new White Dwarf you would have seen the DE themed terrain they have built for it. Go have a look. Hoping an article appears on the GW site in the near future about it.
*drool*
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Terrain In New WD   Dark Eldar Terrain In New WD I_icon_minitimeMon May 30 2011, 20:28

My subscription is late, as always Sad

At least i didn't pay for it Very Happy

I will be very interested to see what they have come up with, and an article on how they made it would be terrific. Those are some of the few things that I enjoy in WD now.

I have a few small ideas of my own for DE, but haven't found the time yet to actually try making them.

It would be great to get GW-made terrain, but I won't be holding my breath. 'Nids are another really obvious candidate for factory-supplied terrain and many had high hopes when they got updated last year. And then FW stopped producing their lovely Tyranid terrain pieces, so again hopes rose. But alas ...
Back to top Go down
Preacher
Kabalite Warrior
Preacher

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Terrain In New WD   Dark Eldar Terrain In New WD I_icon_minitimeMon May 30 2011, 21:10

I wouldn't hold out too much hope for a terrian article. It seems recently unless they mass produce it, it's not terrian. Rolling Eyes

That said there are some very cool pieces. I think we've seen the tower before and it wouldn't be too difficult for somebody with the right skills to replicate. The little power generator looks cool but I can't see it clearly enough to get any good ideas for parts. And as for the web-gate, anyone else have dreams of looting a Necron Plyon to build one? Razz

To rule in hell is only the begining..."

Lady No'ki Vankar, Kabal of the Poisoned Claw
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Terrain In New WD   Dark Eldar Terrain In New WD I_icon_minitimeMon May 30 2011, 22:13

The webway portal thing is frakkin sweet looking. I was thinking of using a Necron pylon as a base and building one. The giant blood tower is a bit too 2ed for my tastes.
Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
kargenetic
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Terrain In New WD   Dark Eldar Terrain In New WD I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 11:04

I don't get white dwarf, and I'm halfway around the world from my FLGS (an american doing some work in australia). Does anybody want to post some scanned pictures? Or links to such?

I don't know if that violates any forum rules 'cause of IP issues, though...
Back to top Go down
Venkh
Kabalite Warrior
Venkh

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Terrain In New WD   Dark Eldar Terrain In New WD I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 13:34

If i was to build a webway gate I would start off with one of those globes you can pick up from toy shops.

Stick stuff on it to evil it up a bit, paint the globe in psycadelic colors and away you go! one quite cheap web gate!!

lots of scope for invention here.
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Terrain In New WD   Dark Eldar Terrain In New WD I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 16:26

kargenetic wrote:
I don't get white dwarf, and I'm halfway around the world from my FLGS (an american doing some work in australia). Does anybody want to post some scanned pictures? Or links to such?

These are about the closest I could find to what they had on table, not an exact look alike but close enough.
Dark Eldar Terrain In New WD De-150x150
Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
Archon
Kabalite Warrior
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Terrain In New WD   Dark Eldar Terrain In New WD I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 17:14

The Dark Eldar terrain in the WD377 (US) looks great! I hope the make it a kit, I can't wait to light the center tube of that tower!
Back to top Go down
shadow hunter
Kabalite Warrior
shadow hunter

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Terrain In New WD   Dark Eldar Terrain In New WD I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 21:12

i have a subscription - but i recently moved and its been sent to my old house Mad
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Terrain In New WD   Dark Eldar Terrain In New WD I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 04:18

kargenetic wrote:

Links would be OK if you credit properly, I think. Will double-check.

If you are near any decent-sized town/city in one of the less remote areas of Oz, just check the local newsagents for WD. You don't need to find a FLGS.

Last edited by Gobsmakked on Wed Jun 01 2011, 04:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Terrain In New WD   Dark Eldar Terrain In New WD I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 04:19

I'm going to have to order it one it seems. Sad
Back to top Go down
stinger989
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Terrain In New WD   Dark Eldar Terrain In New WD I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2011, 18:34

im going to be working on some DE terrain and get it casted for sale. Ill start a project log so people can give input and ideas for terrain.
Back to top Go down
Despiciens
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Terrain In New WD   Dark Eldar Terrain In New WD I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05 2011, 08:40

Well I am certainly looking forward to that project log as my mind has been running rampant with ideas that I'm too busy to implement. =(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Terrain In New WD   Dark Eldar Terrain In New WD I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar Terrain In New WD
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: