THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Ideas for new Eldar subforum.

Go down 
+9
Siticus the Ancient
Cailos
Local_Ork
The_Burning_Eye
Lady Malys
Sky Serpent
Shadows Revenge
Gobsmakked
Evil Space Elves
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

Ideas for new Eldar subforum. Empty
PostSubject: Ideas for new Eldar subforum.   Ideas for new Eldar subforum. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30 2012, 00:05

(Not sure if this is the right area to post this)I'm planning on turning my attention back to my CWE once I finish up my DE in a year or so. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a cool smaller forum like the Dark City that deals strictly with the lesser Eldar. I'm trying to get ideas for finishing up my CWE next year and am trying to get a feel for what I'll be dumping this Spring from the "never gonna get painted list". Mad

thanks
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Eldar subforum.   Ideas for new Eldar subforum. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30 2012, 07:31

The only CWE-focused forum that I know of is 40Konline. It covers all things eldarly, including the poor cousins, but also other stuff and is not exactly small. I haven't been there in a long time though, probably a year?
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Eldar subforum.   Ideas for new Eldar subforum. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30 2012, 15:35

yah I would say 40konline. Their Eldar section is huge (used to be called EldarOnline) is a great place and quite an informative Eldar community. They really arent THAT competitive in their playstyles, but they have some decent advice none-the-less
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Eldar subforum.   Ideas for new Eldar subforum. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30 2012, 19:52

If the interest was there and a mod was available to maintain it I could possibly open up a subforum for the Craftworlds.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Lady Malys
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Eldar subforum.   Ideas for new Eldar subforum. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31 2012, 02:04

What would one need to do to be such a Mod? ... I have never been a Mod, so I do not know whether I'd be suitable without asking that question! Smile

I have always been looking for a dedicated Eldar forum; one like this is style and content and general attitude would be just my cup of tea Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Eldar subforum.   Ideas for new Eldar subforum. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31 2012, 02:49

Sky Serpent wrote:
If the interest was there and a mod was available to maintain it I could possibly open up a subforum for the Craftworlds.
I'm with LM on this. What would be involved in modding a sub forum? I might be interested in that sort of thing. I'm sure that there is a great deal of 2nd army appeal amongst DE players and vice versa. Could be good for the Dark City if it managed to bring in more interest to the site (and didn't detract from it at all). Interesting idea.... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Eldar subforum.   Ideas for new Eldar subforum. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31 2012, 08:16

Modding is quite easy, at least around here. The denizens are extremely well behaved and there is relatively little to do except edit a few posts now and then, and move the odd thing around. You are both online often enough to keep an eye on things, and we all help each other out anyway.

I think that a subforum for Craftworlds here makes a lot of sense and would be of great interest to many existing members, and could definitely bring in some new blood as well, as ESE mentions.

If we do that, though, then I would suggest that we also include a (sub-) section for Exodites.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Eldar subforum.   Ideas for new Eldar subforum. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31 2012, 08:39

sub-forum for CWE sounds like a great idea, I've got a few models knocking around here and there that I keep going back to re-do in a different scheme cos I'm fickle, though I'm thinking at the moment that I'll wait till the new jetbikes come out before committing myself to too much in that regard.

I'll watch with eager anticipation!
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Eldar subforum.   Ideas for new Eldar subforum. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31 2012, 09:09

What? There are no Eldar-dedicated forums? Even after beeing DoWed several times?
Even Nids have their, despite beeing "generic bugs in space" fluffwise and weaksauce on tables (dunno, maybe it's Bugsculptor's fault, every race have "that guy" lol).

I'm not sure about adding additional section tho. For one of major races in 40K it's not enough. Could You imagine putting Chaos (CSM+Daemons, much like Eldar and Exodites) on Space Marine forum? They are actually closer to SM (ok, maybe CSM are Razz) than we are to Eldar, yet ammount of additional stuff...

I would be more happy with full-scale "space elves of all flavours" forum.
Who knows, maybe when/if we would buy domain, we could slightly rethink our future destination and call us... I don't know, "Webway City" or something universal?
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Eldar subforum.   Ideas for new Eldar subforum. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31 2012, 14:39

I see your point Local about a sub-forum not being enough, though I'm not sure that the forum should go all-things-pointy-eared just yet. The Dark City being a dedicated site for Dark Eldar gives it a unique flavor. I can see it ultimately going that way as there is a lot of crossover with CWE/DE fans. Perhaps a trial run with a sub forum would a way to test the waters or interest.

What would be included in a CWE sub forum? I'm thinking the following would a good start:
-A CWE painting/modelling section(you knew I'd go there first Twisted Evil ) I could also see this added to the regular painting section as it would draw interest to both.
-Strategies section/army lists (for my own selfish interests, I need to figure out what I'll be painting next year)
-Fluff?(not my thing, but people love it)

It seems that discussion/other 40k/realspace chat could all be handled by the rest of the site. Perhaps the sub forum could have links to the other sections to better direct people new to the site....oh my-this is turning into a Webway.

Oh, and I'd totally be willing to do mod duties on a subsection with a little tutoring on editing/protocol.

Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Eldar subforum.   Ideas for new Eldar subforum. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31 2012, 15:04

Test run for our goodie-two-shoes bros would be ok actually...

- Painting section
- Army showcase
- Gallery (no new section, just link to "The Aphotic Gallery")
- Army lists
- Tactics & FAQs (they are old, beaten to death, no need to explain too much rulewise)
- Battle Reports (double score for Good Elf vs. Bad Elf action)
- Fluff

And additional posts in Gallery covering eldar stuff. I agree we would benefit from mix of inspiration.

Last edited by Local_Ork on Tue Jan 31 2012, 15:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Eldar subforum.   Ideas for new Eldar subforum. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31 2012, 15:07

the army showcase would be an interesting idea for both of the pointy-ears. It seems that it could different from a project log section where you put a lot of WIP/rants about hating to paint Raiders(okay, that's probably only my project log). I really like your test run section ideas Local.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Eldar subforum.   Ideas for new Eldar subforum. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31 2012, 15:19

There was originally talk of this being a forum for both sides of the Eldar path but I really wanted it to focus on the Dark Eldar and still do. By that I mean that I'd worry about detracting from our true and main focus.

I'd be willing to give it a small trial, starting with one or two forum categories and going from there. I'd be looking for more of a response from the senior and active members whether this is something they really want.

Please remember, this is, and always will be, a Dark Eldar forum.

Renaming thread and moving to Feedback...
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Eldar subforum.   Ideas for new Eldar subforum. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31 2012, 15:27

I think Project Logs are closest to "army showcase" we can get without "depersonalisation" of putting army into several posts in Gallery.

It's pretty impossible for most of us to have "done, comments away" army, even for "old" race, so "Army in Progress" topics are necessary.

[edit]
This is response for ESE.

[edit 2]

I hear You Sky. I also wouldn't like to lose focus, HOWEVER "proppa" Eldar section could help forum.
How? Imagine how big is Eldar community. Not only we could spoil few Elves, but also share knowledge with them. As well as boost traffic, especially after imminent Eldar release, it's one of older books.

That would totally help us gather more influence. Eldar stuff would get more popular somehow? Vox populi... Also, there is ALWAYS chance for ballance shift, that's GW's special.
Back to top Go down
Lady Malys
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Eldar subforum.   Ideas for new Eldar subforum. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31 2012, 15:58

I'd say then that we have a good case for a subforum, which I'd be willing to help Mod on ... time to dip a toe in those slightly scary waters perhaps Very Happy But if you wish to Evil then by all means do Smile

I have yet to come across a dedicated Eldar forum that is both decently active and has longevity; in many years I've seen some good starts, but they don't seem to get off the ground. I'm not sure why! So I'd go for a subforum which has the twofold purpose of capturing interest and traffic, and does not have to wither and die if it's not the main focus of the site, because, well, it's not Smile

I'd say keep the main site Commorrite, though, certainly for now. Kind of sounds like it should be on a t-shirt, "Keep the site Commorrite" Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Eldar subforum.   Ideas for new Eldar subforum. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31 2012, 16:19

I for one wouldnt mind seeing a Craftworld sub-forum. I dont own a CWE army, but have loved them for a long time, and know many strategies for them (I have several friends who play CWE and were actually the ones who got me into the game. We bounce ideas back and forth because DE and CWE share many of the same tactics, except their tanks actually can take a hit) So I would be more than happy to help some with some CWE tactics
Back to top Go down
Cailos
Kabalite Warrior
Cailos

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Eldar subforum.   Ideas for new Eldar subforum. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31 2012, 16:35

If you want to see how different armies that are similar work on one forum look up Bolter and Chainsword. They have all the different Loyalist Marines, Traitors Marines, Sister of Battle, Grey Knights, and Forgeworlds. It could help with getting an idea.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Eldar subforum.   Ideas for new Eldar subforum. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01 2012, 11:01

In that occasion we could rethink sections we already have. For example do we need multiple sections that cover very similar field?

We have DE discussion/rumors section, 40K section, GW section and GW/Other sections. Even more, one is on top of page, others on bottom. I guess we could cover it with DE and "wargaming" sections since "other" systems rarly pop out (along with Boring-tasy Battles)
We have "ghost town" of Announcements, totally could merge that with Feedback.
I still wonder why we have Pages of Pain. It was Thor request but... We have topic that suppose to work in similar manner (it share the same name!) in Tactics. It's still new so there may be something but...

I'm full for "complex, not complicated" approach.
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Eldar subforum.   Ideas for new Eldar subforum. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01 2012, 23:47

I wouldn't mind a spot for craftworlders either, since I am having some thoughts into getting some smallish regular Eldar corsair force along with my main fleet. Same way that Bolter & Chainsword can house Chaos and Loyalists under one roof, so could we. As long as they know who is in charge and can watch their backs, anyone is free to seek their fortune in the Dark City.
Back to top Go down
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Eldar subforum.   Ideas for new Eldar subforum. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02 2012, 00:09

As a forums software developer by day I fear to suggest this but is the following possible with the software you use here?

A subsection with it's own look at feel, accessible directly from the web or through the Dark City main page?

That way this site maintains it's DE looks and feel, and the subsection can develop its own 'ecosystem' independently? Also we could then push the CWE site under a new name on the various websites we visit whilst still maintaining one database etc, and having profiles that span both DE and CWE for those who like both?

PS I'd be interested in a CWE part as I do have a CWE army in a box somewhere awaiting paint! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Eldar subforum.   Ideas for new Eldar subforum. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02 2012, 03:12

That subforum with different look idea sounds best, If it is doable. In poll I voted for subfourum because of wanting to keep profiles together and likely easier for mods, I prefer this forum keeping dark eldar look. Even my craftworld army will have dark eldar look (nearly destroyed and made pact with devil(Archon) to save craftworld now being slowly corrupted by kabal staging realspace raider from craftworld as condition of aid to save it, justifies using armies together in apoc and there complimenting colour schemes)
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Eldar subforum.   Ideas for new Eldar subforum. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02 2012, 04:08

SirTainly wrote:

PS I'd be interested in a CWE part as I do have a CWE army in a box somewhere awaiting paint! Smile
As so many of us do...
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Eldar subforum.   Ideas for new Eldar subforum. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02 2012, 15:44

I like Orks idea of condencing some of these forums, that way we can make room for some new ideas like the wiki and CWE page
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Eldar subforum.   Ideas for new Eldar subforum. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02 2012, 15:46

You may see the new subforum pop up over the weekend, it would only have 3 sub categories but that will be enough. I do however need ideas for themed names for the categories.
Back to top Go down
Beaviz81
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Eldar subforum.   Ideas for new Eldar subforum. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02 2012, 17:17

Eldar Tactics, Eldar Army List and Eldar General Discussion?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Eldar subforum.   Ideas for new Eldar subforum. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ideas for new Eldar subforum.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next