THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 RTT overview

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bugs_N_Orks
Kabalite Warrior

1850 RTT overview Empty
PostSubject: 1850 RTT overview   1850 RTT overview I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30 2012, 19:58

I played in a 24ish person, 3 round, 1850 point RTT on saturday at a nearby store (along with 4 other guys from my store). Painting/Appearance was part of the scoring so I used a modified version of my 2000 point tournament list and decided to give night shields a try in a tournament.

Baron
Malys
2 x 4 trueborn, 3 blasters, splinter cannon, venom w/splinter cannon, grisly trophies, night shield
4 x 5 warriors, blaster, venom w/splinter cannon, grisly trophies, night shield
5 beastmasters, 10 khymera, 6 razorwings
2 x ravager w/3 DLs, flicker field, night shield
razorwing jetfighter w/2 DLs, 2 shatterfield, flicker field

First round was DoW/Capture and Control against a Khorne CSM list consisting of Kharn + 5 termies in a LR, 2 x 10 berzerkers in rhinos, 3 x 5 lesser daemons, 3 x CC Defilers. He played decently it was just a bad match-up for him and I don't think he really stood a chance. The game ended with me holding both objectives, and all he had left was an immobile Defiler, and another Defiler that was being tied up by my beasts. Win for me with full bonus points. He pulled one nice move where he tank shocked my beasts with a rhino then charged them with a berzerker squad, the tank shock meant only 1/2-2/3 of my beasts could get engaged but it didn't matter, I killed 6 before he swung and the razorwings killed another 3 with the champ dying to "No Retreat" wounds.

Second round was Pitched Battle/KPs against a Draigowing list consisting of Draigo, Karamazov, and 2 x 10 Paladins with lots of upgrades. So my 18ish KP to his 4 haha, obviously I was kiting and playing KP denial the whole game. I focused everything on Karamazov's squad since I wanted his Orbital Bombardment (and to a lesser extent his rad grenades) out of the equation ASAP. The defining moment of the game was my third turn, I had reduced Karamazov's squad to him with 2 wounds, and 4 or 5 paladins each with only a single wound. I was close to being backed into a corner and decided to push forward with everything and try to wipe the squad to put me in the lead. He had previously taken out my razorwing (after it shot it's missiles) when I got careless and left it too close to him, he rolled 6" for DT and was in range by maybe 1/4" but still it was a needless risk on my part. I moved up with everything, disembarked, and poured everything I had into the squad, however I somehow only managed to kill 3 of the paladins and wound Karamazov once. In his turn Karamazov moved back to join his other squad and his 2 paladins took out a trueborn venom with their MC-psycannons (which exploded killing 2 trueborn who failed their morale and would have run off the board if not for my GT re-roll). I wiped the 2 paladins next turn and started grinding the other squad down, but the game ended turn 5 and there just wasn't time. In hindsight, I made 2 mistakes that cost me the game 1)letting the razorwing get shot down and 2)I could have squeezed out 1 more turn of long range shooting before making my push and probably would have wiped the squad. Game ended 3 KP to 1, so a loss, but I got a few bonus points and kept him from getting full points (since all he killed was the razorwing and 2 venoms).

Third game was Spearhead/Seize Ground against DE with Baron, haemie w/stuff, 5 incubi w/venom, 4 wracks in a venom, 4 x 5 wyches w/haywires + hek w/agon in venoms, 20 hellions, 2 x ravagers w/FF, Voidraven w/FF, 3 Shatterfield, 1 necrotoxin. The guy seemed pretty new to DE, and it was a bad match-up for him (my NS meant his already limited AT shooting would have an even tougher time). Looking at his list I expected him to pull the first turn switcheroo to get the hellions 2 tokens but he just put the haemie and wracks in the venom together. I would have pointed that out to him during deployment but I didn't notice until my first shooting phase when my venoms start lighting up the hellions. I won the roll for first turn and it was pretty much a turkey shoot, only Baron + 1 hellion made it my lines, his ravagers never got a shot off, and his voidraven only succeeded in immobilizing one of my ravagers before exploding. We called it after my turn 4, all he had left was the Wracks and haemie in their venom, 1 wyche squad in venom and 1 pinned wyche squad, and all the damage he did was immobilizing one ravager and putting a handfull of wounds onto my beasts (they were the only target for his venoms so they just went to ground for the first 2 turns for 2+ cover). I gave him some pointers and explained the pain token switch, win for me with full bonus points.

Overall: I like Night Shields in a shooty list. They're probably the main reason I could have won game 2 and more or less gave me game 3.

Since we ended a bit early I got to watch the end of the top 2 tables. Table 1 was my friend Nick (playing Tyranids) against my friend Rich (playing Sisters), it was one of the closest games I've seen in a while and it came down to a storm bolter on an immobile rhino killing 1 gaunt that was claiming the center objective, they tied straight down the middle with Rich getting 1 more battle point for wiping all of Nicks original troop choices (there were still spawned termies but they didn't count for that).

Table 2 was my friend Brad (deathwing) against the Draigowing list I had lost to 2nd round. It came down to Draigo with 1 wound left breaking off from his squad and charging 3 termies to try and contest but he died in CC and Brad won with a few Bonus points putting him ahead of the guys on table 1 overall.

The Final rankings were:
1st overall: Brad (deathwing)
2nd overall: Rich (sisters)
3rd overall: Nick (tyranids)
Best General (highest battle points): Me (Which was a surprise to say the least. I actually had the 4th highest battle points and overall total, but since you can't win 2 awards and the overall awards had higher prizes, I got this one).

I won $50 in store credit and picked up a GF9 tactical template (finally) and another Vargheist/Crypt Horror box to make my second squad of Grotesques.
Back to top Go down
vect
Hellion

1850 RTT overview Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 RTT overview   1850 RTT overview I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31 2012, 20:07

kool wats malys like iv bin tempted 2 try her but i like baron 2 much lol
Back to top Go down
Grumpy Kwi
Nightmare Doll on the Loose
Grumpy Kwi

1850 RTT overview Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 RTT overview   1850 RTT overview I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31 2012, 21:07

Fantastic to hear about your tournament, I think I have been commenting on this list a while back on another board but too excited to post there yet.

Night Shields, I live by them and you prove a point that you have to try them first before knocking them. As you get to learn the opponents shooting "threat bubble" you can really do a number on the opponents shooting phase causing him all kinds of problems.

Good to hear you will still continue using them.
Back to top Go down
vect
Hellion

1850 RTT overview Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 RTT overview   1850 RTT overview I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01 2012, 17:14

i agree night sheilds are amazing i allways take them on my ravagers BUT their comes a point in the game when their useless turn 2 or 3 most 48" range weapons will then be in range even with the 6"

where night sheilds work great on ravagers bcoz they affect range they affect the 2d6 for melta so that throws laods of people off
Back to top Go down
Bugs_N_Orks
Kabalite Warrior

1850 RTT overview Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 RTT overview   1850 RTT overview I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01 2012, 19:08

I started using Malys about a year ago when the new GK book came out. I was tired of my beasts getting Cleasing Flamed and then fleeing combat if they didn't kill all the enemies. She's a great character if your army has a suitable unit for her, and as long as you keep her away from S6+ models she'll pull her weight in CC averaging 2ish dead marines per phase (the same as an agonizer archon). Her re-deploy is great too, but that can be a little trickier to use properly.

vect, just wanted to point out one of the forum rules:
Quote :
4. Spamming, trolling or flaming will also not be tolerated. Leet/chat speak is also not allowed. We ask that you spell, pronounce and be grammatically correct to the best of your ability.
Your second message is worlds better though.

I'll need to test them out a few more times, but Night Shields are definitely well on their way into my list of standard gear for my shooty armies (not much point with assaulty rush lists). They basically make every dirty DE trick work better, and they seriously hamper anything with a 12-24" range (which is a lot more than you'd think)

Last edited by Bugs_N_Orks on Thu Feb 02 2012, 02:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vect
Hellion

1850 RTT overview Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 RTT overview   1850 RTT overview I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02 2012, 00:41

hahah ur i need 2 point out rule 4 of the forum NOT ALLOWED TO TROLL OR FLAME ON THIS FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i personally dont mind abit of banter but knock off the condesending tone jus thought id point it out for ya lol Smile

mmmm iv bin doin baron with my beasts works out great although the movement speed is abit slow for me so i think ill have 2 try dropping baron 3+ cover save and 60 wounds is awesome am jus gettin bored of dark eldar

lol iv bin using night shields since the new codex came out as well the blaster born their deff amazing and needed for comp playing

the probem is as ur moving foreward they jus become less effective

and y take a splinter canon with 3 blasters its clearly an anti tank unit the spliner canon is wasted thats y u go 4 the extra splinter canon on the venom so u can pop the transports then shoot them with the canons
Back to top Go down
Bugs_N_Orks
Kabalite Warrior

1850 RTT overview Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 RTT overview   1850 RTT overview I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02 2012, 02:06

Haha sorry if it sounded condescending. I was referring more to the second part about not using Leet/chat speak, I'm old(ish) and reading stuff written in the style of your first post makes my head hurt. I wasn't accusing you of trolling/flaming.

The splinter cannon in the trueborn was also a bit of an experiment since I didn't have the points to go with 4 blasters (or at least there wasn't anything I wanted to cut badly enough to get them in). Overall it wasn't bad, it gives them a bit of long range AI when I don't need the AT right away, and also puts them into 2 groups for wound allocation so they're less likely to die from enemy shooting/exploding vehicles.

I've found that night shields make it a lot easier to do a refused flank type move and hit part of the enemy while keeping out of range of a lot of their AT. I tend to not be rushing straight at them as much and it give me a few turns of unanswered (or barely answered) shooting. Obviously this doesn't work against some armies but it's been doing pretty well against most lists.
Back to top Go down
vect
Hellion

1850 RTT overview Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 RTT overview   1850 RTT overview I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2012, 14:10

yea thats not bad idea for wounds tricks i started with night sheilds on everything and dropped it jus back to putting them on ravagers only it gets expensive and it only saves u for the first turn or 2
Back to top Go down
Flayed_Heart_Kabal
Hellion

1850 RTT overview Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 RTT overview   1850 RTT overview I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09 2012, 19:53

+1 for using Malys. Sounds like you played pretty well. Congrats on best general!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1850 RTT overview Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 RTT overview   1850 RTT overview I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 RTT overview
Page 1 of 1