THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850pt fun tournament list.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

1850pt fun tournament list. Empty
PostSubject: 1850pt fun tournament list.   1850pt fun tournament list. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30 2012, 23:54

I'm just a few models away from having a fun 1850pt list and the LFGS is having a tournament on a Saturday that I can finally make for once cheers Up to this point I have been playing with a combination of new and old painted stuff. This will be the first time that I play with all painted models from the new range.

The list will look a little different from the usual optimized lists that get posted here. Years ago I played competitive lists and won more than my fair share of tournaments. These days I look to play a fun list that my opponent enjoys playing against as well,rather than going straight for the throat with stackable cheese. My measurement for a successful tournament these days is making sure that I hold my own against competitive lists while making sure that my opponents have a great time throwing dice. Going 1-1-1 is just fine with me as long as the games are close. The list also takes into consideration what I have painted, and what I can paint between now and February 11th... scratch I'm looking to see if you guys can offer any input in terms of how I can pinch or splurge points here or there to possibly fit in something else.
HQ:
Archon PGL, Agonizer, Clonefield, WWP- 160
Haemonculus liquifier, WWP- 95

Elites:
4 Grotesques, Aberation with poison weapon, liquifier, Raider with FF-235

Troops:
9 Wracks with Acothyst, Agonizer, liquifier, Raider with FF -200
8 Wyches, Hekatrix with agonizer, Razorflails, Haywire grenades, Raider with FF -206
8 Wyches, Hekatrix with agonizer, SN+Imp, Haywire grenades, Raider with FF -206
10 Wracks, Acothyst +agonizer, 2X liquifier guns(Enter through WWP)
(Yes, I do have two cheap 125pt Kabalite units-They're painted!)
5 Kabalites, Blaster, Venom+SC -125
5 Kabalites, Blaster, Venom+SC -125

Heavy:
Ravager with DL's, FF -115
Talos +Chainflails, TL Heat Lance- 120(Enter through WWP)
Cronos +spirit probe, spirit vortex -110(Enter through WWP)

I don't like sinking that many points into the Archon, but I really didn't have the points to add another Haemonculus just for the 2nd WWP. 2nd unit of Wracks, Cronos, Talos held in reserve. The list appeals to my inner Ork with lots of CC and speed. I realize that the list is a little light in the AT department.

To play this list I need to paint the following by Feb 12th:
2 Raiders (Grots and 2nd Wyche unit's Raiders)
Archon
2 Grotesques
2 Kabalites.

I'm looking for small tweaks here. The only comp system at the tournament is making sure that you don't bring anything that offends your opponent. (Sounds crazy, but they really got tired of formula armies and comp systems.If you don't bring anything too over the top, you don't lose points.)I really want to keep the two WWP's. And don't have a lot of wiggle room for painted models(13 days to paint!), while really wanting to keep the list fun.

Thoughts?

My Dark Eldar Project Log

Last edited by Evil Space Elves on Tue Jan 31 2012, 05:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: 1850pt fun tournament list.   1850pt fun tournament list. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31 2012, 01:10

I -really- like this list! And the thought of seeing the full force painted at your incredible standard is a great thought. I hope you have a lot of fun at the tourney, I love grotesques by the way....

Cheers!

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
http://patreon.com/skaredcast
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: 1850pt fun tournament list.   1850pt fun tournament list. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31 2012, 02:51

Skari wrote:
I -really- like this list! And the thought of seeing the full force painted at your incredible standard is a great thought. I hope you have a lot of fun at the tourney, I love grotesques by the way....

Cheers!

I blush like a school girl Embarassed I'll take an army shot or two once it's done. Any things that anyone would change?

Back to top Go down
kenny3760
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1850pt fun tournament list.   1850pt fun tournament list. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31 2012, 08:04

Well to me I would prefer more stuff coming through the portals to make full use of them, but I guess it depends on what you've got available. I was thinking about maybe a beast unit or some scourges. Would mean dropping something to fit them in and I really don't know what apart from the kabalites or the ravager, which would hamper your AT even more.

Anyway it's a good mixed list with a lot of variety from the codex and hopefully you'll achieve what you set out to, good luck.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: 1850pt fun tournament list.   1850pt fun tournament list. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31 2012, 14:50

kenny3760 wrote:
Well to me I would prefer more stuff coming through the portals to make full use of them, but I guess it depends on what you've got available. I was thinking about maybe a beast unit or some scourges.

^totally agree^
For this list the WWP's are essentially bringing two heavies(Talos/Cronos) and a troop unit in reserve to help mop up/ distract my opponent while the other 5 mounted troop units go after objective/straggler units. I ran a slightly different version with one less Venom squad and WWP in a few games and really had fun with it. I ran the Achon/Grots and Haemi/Wracks towards the center of the opponent's army into terrain, deployed Heami/Wracks in cover roughly 9" away from the Grot Raider. Ravager supported from distance with a unit of Wyches deploying in Raider near the Wracks as a counter-punch for either unit. I put the other mounted units in reserve. Seemed to make for some pretty fun games.

Unfortunately, I own 2 units of Scourges, all kinds of Reavers, etc-none of them are painted Mad I plan on doing a Beast unit for the Archon's challenge when it rolls to the FA portion of the contest. I agree that these units are a much scarier option coming out of the WWP's.

Back to top Go down
Raneth
Sybarite
Raneth

PostSubject: Re: 1850pt fun tournament list.   1850pt fun tournament list. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31 2012, 18:28

If you want to shave a few points, you could drop a Grot. Same goes for your first three Troops choices - whatever your plan you could do better than having your Archon 'waste' a turn dropping a WWP. I'd also advise switching the Cronos to another Talos - especially as you have ample Pain tokens floating around in your army as is.

That said, big ballsy kudos to you for fielding the Archon-Grot combo. I hope you do well. Smile

Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: 1850pt fun tournament list.   1850pt fun tournament list. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01 2012, 01:24

Raneth wrote:
Iwhatever your plan you could do better than having your Archon 'waste' a turn dropping a WWP. I'd also advise switching the Cronos to another Talos - especially as you have ample Pain tokens floating around in your army as is.

How is the archon wasting a turn dropping the WWP? He's with Grots=no fleet.
I'd love to field a second Talos, but the Cronos is painted and my second Talos is on the Sprue...The last one took a week to paint Mad
(EDIT)
got me to thinking...Dropped a Grotesque, the Archon's WWP, a 5 man Kabalite Squad with Venom. Added a Wyche to each of the squads and a unit of 4 Trueborn with Blasters in a venom. (already painted!) Less to paint AND 4 more blasters.
Archon -agonizer, PGL, Clonefield- 125

4 Trueborn with blasters, Venom+SC- 173

3 Grotesques with Aberation, venom blade, Raider with FF- 200

troops
-8Wyches+hekatrix, agonizer, shardnet/impaler, Raider+FF -218
-8Wyches+hekatrix, agonizer, razorflails, Raider+FF -218
-8Wracks+Acothyst, Agonizer, liquifier, Raider +FF- 200
-9Wracks+Acothyst, Agonizer, 2Xliquifiers -150
-5Kabalites with blaster, Venom with SC -125

Heavy:
Ravager +FF -115
Talos +chainflails, TLheat lance- 120
Cronos +spirit probe, spirit vortex.

It always feels weird only taking one WWP at 1850, but I'd much rather have my 4 Trueborn with blasters. With this list I would only have to paint the Grot Aberation, 2 raiders, and my Archon. A little more bang and a little less painting! thanks Raneth! cheers

Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: 1850pt fun tournament list.   1850pt fun tournament list. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19 2012, 04:09

A little update:
I went 1-1-1 at the tournament using this list. Played two CSM armies and a Deathwing army. Weird as hell. Lost to a CSM Plague Marine list with TWO Lash Sorcerers (only Slanesh models in the army Mad ) on a wonky kill point mission.
What didn't work:
The Cronos. Never really found a good role for this big fella. It was painted, but that was about all that it had going for it. This is easily getting replaced by a second Ravager.
Only 3 Grotesques. They really seemed to come up just short in two of the games. Fun unit, and I will definitely be painting up the 4th to round the unit out.
Agonizers-Don't know why, but I couldn't roll a 4+ in combat to save my life.

What did work:
The Ravager-of course.
Talos(killed a Land Raider, drew a TON of fire)
Liquifiers, everywhere. Self explanatory.
Venoms-splinter shots galore.
The Archon's Clonefield. Drove my opponents NUTS all day. Archon took one wound the entire tournament. Highly recommended for a Grot-sitting Archon.

I did have fun with the list and took 3rd overall. I do enjoy playing aggressively, and all of the CC units certainly lent themselves to this effect. I am leaning towards painting up some more shooting units and working on tactics not involving charging directly headlong into gunlines.

Back to top Go down
falcon98
Hellion
falcon98

PostSubject: Re: 1850pt fun tournament list.   1850pt fun tournament list. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20 2012, 05:42

Evil Space Elves wrote:

i'm pretty sure you can only take 2 liquefiers if you have 10 wracks in the squad Crying or Very sad
although, it's a nice list jocolor and i would agree with you on taking out the cronos etc
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: 1850pt fun tournament list.   1850pt fun tournament list. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20 2012, 08:12

falcon98 wrote:
Evil Space Elves wrote:

i'm pretty sure you can only take 2 liquefiers if you have 10 wracks in the squad Crying or Very sad
although, it's a nice list jocolor and i would agree with you on taking out the cronos etc

9 regular Wracks+Acothyst=10. I worded it a little different than many do. It was fun, but I will be making a few tweaks(just as fast as I can paint them!)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850pt fun tournament list.   1850pt fun tournament list. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850pt fun tournament list.
Page 1 of 1