THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dealing with Deep Striking Armies

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Allidor
Slave
Allidor

Dealing with Deep Striking Armies Empty
PostSubject: Dealing with Deep Striking Armies   Dealing with Deep Striking Armies I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07 2012, 13:54

Greetings fellow Commorrites,

I play a basic venomspam list that I do well with. The list goes something along these lines:

Archon w/Blaster+Venom Blade
4x Trueborn w/Blasters
Venom w/ 2x Splinter Cannons

4x Trueborn w/Blasters
Venom w/ 2x Splinter Cannons

5 x 5 Warriors w/Blaster
Venom w/2x Splinter Cannons

3x Ravagers w/Flickerfield

1 Beastmaster unit
-3 BM's
-5 Khymarae
-4 Razorwing Flocks
Agonizer/Venom Blade

Haemy with Liquifier+Venom Blade
8 Wyches w/Hydra Gauntlet and Haywire Grenades
1 Hekatrix w/Agonizer and Haywire Grenades

I pick and choose from these units to make my lists. I've found myself having a lot of trouble with Deep Striking armies such as Grey Knights and Demons. With their ability to show up when and where they want, I'm always a little unsure of what to do with an empty board if I get the first turn. I would greatly appreciate any advice/tips on dealing with Deep Striking armies.

Warhammer Fantasy Battles
High Elves 2000 pts
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Deep Striking Armies   Dealing with Deep Striking Armies I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07 2012, 14:21

First up, i would aim to go second.

Secondly, I would full reserve.

If you have to be on the table, spread out and ensure you have flat out saves when they start to land

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Allidor
Slave
Allidor

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Deep Striking Armies   Dealing with Deep Striking Armies I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07 2012, 14:39

Hmm, in cases where I know that I'll be facing a Deep Strike army, would it be worth working Duke Sliscus in there to deep strike my vehicles, or should I just stick to board edge deployment?

High Elves 2000 pts
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Deep Striking Armies   Dealing with Deep Striking Armies I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07 2012, 15:18

You probably would be fine with *just* reserves. We have THE fastest vehicles in game after all... It's unfortunate those armies are Fearless, You could Tank Shock them.
Back to top Go down
Allidor
Slave
Allidor

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Deep Striking Armies   Dealing with Deep Striking Armies I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07 2012, 15:40

Yeah, fearless is a pain in the neck. Thank you both for the advice. Hopefully now I'll be able to put some fear into demon players. I still have my doubts about GK, but at least now I know how to handle their Deep Striking. Thanks again!

High Elves 2000 pts
Back to top Go down
jb7090
Kabalite Warrior
jb7090

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Deep Striking Armies   Dealing with Deep Striking Armies I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07 2012, 15:42

As previously stated, try to go 2nd against full deepstriking armies. Try to keep your units spread out about 6-8 inches apart, that makes DS'ing into the middle very risky. Also, dont cut your opponent any slack with model placement to see if a DS mishap occurs, if even a fraction of that base hangs off the edge of the table or hits another model its a mishap.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Deep Striking Armies   Dealing with Deep Striking Armies I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2012, 17:27

My basic advice is this (presuming Turn 1 DS - which is most Marines and Daemon lists);

If you go 2nd full reserve.

If you go 1st then deploy and then go flat out - spread across the board and put yourself in the middle of areas near terrain. You want to have cover saves from his shooting as well as making it very difficult for him to DS in safely.

After they DS in keep moving - you're much faster then him, isolate some stuff and kill it while the rest of his army struggles to wander over to you.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Deep Striking Armies   Dealing with Deep Striking Armies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dealing with Deep Striking Armies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: