THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Duke's Venom... wych hunter

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lonewolf5d
Hellion
lonewolf5d

Duke's Venom... wych hunter Empty
PostSubject: Duke's Venom... wych hunter   Duke's Venom... wych hunter I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12 2012, 07:59

been playing a campaign against a few miscreants and somewhere along the way, the Tau get it in their head to take my spaceport. having just claimed that prize from the claws of Deamons i was not about to let it go.
we roll and we get a low point value game. just barely higher than a combat patrol.
the tau field a hammerhead. shas'o with guards, devilfish with 12 fire warriors. & a full contingent of kroot warriors in the bush.drones everywhere.

seeing that the scenario was tau counter atk and the terrain was swamp, i decided to let my wyches out to play.(haywires on hand, tau*) mounted two sets of 5 on venoms (splinter cannon) and slapped the duke on a kabalite warrior + Raider with a shock prow.

Turn 1
= tau hammerhead shoots, but no cigar. the FF on the raider takes it like a champ. the rest of his troops manouvre.

-- i don't know what got into me but i now know that its possible for a raider to ram armor 13 head on and survive!
down goes his hammer head. i guess i was hoping to use the S8 blast pistol on side armor once it moved..

-the two venoms cut over some terrain and just close enough to drop wyches for the devilfish. between the HW granades and the painbringer high, the firewarriors and devilfish are no more.

Turn 2

- his command squad drops in just out of range and unleashes hell. venom's FF laugh it off.

- two vemons shooting and a two squads of wyches later, no command unit.

Turn 3

- the Kroot finally make it out of the bushes and take out the raider..... the duke is not happy to have to trample mud in his baby seal boots.

-my turn rolls around and the speed of the eldar is felt. two venoms laden with wyches and a pissed off HQ with some kabalite warriors come to range ready for the next turm. the better poison on the kabalites is just too fun to pass up. specially when u are able to drop a rapid fire.

t4 - tau score some kabalite warriors...

- dark eldar have a blood frenzy with the remaining kroot warriors.

the tau player was livid. he started asking me questions about the movement of skimmers and the distance they could shoot.
im sure you all have heard that bit sometime before. but i did go over the book, is there any place were it is actually stated as a chart? movements by name and distance* ??

let me make myself perfectly clear. if i ever kill you; you are gonna be awake, you are gonna be armed, you are gonna be facing me; only Then u will realize i poisoned the grip of your weapon. Subtlety is not deception.
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: Duke's Venom... wych hunter   Duke's Venom... wych hunter I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17 2012, 07:11

Get that all the time, particularly from more cumbersome armies: "You mean you can move AND shoot, that is so overpowered" then I bring them back to compare there hulking steel monstrosities to my rapid soggy cardboard...

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
Flayed_Heart_Kabal
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Duke's Venom... wych hunter   Duke's Venom... wych hunter I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19 2012, 00:23

I once had an Ork player read incredulously through my codex before he would let me turn in score sheets, after evaporating his 10 Nob+Ghazkull squad with 17 wyches, vect, and malys. He just couldn't believe that anyone could be that good in combat.

Keeping it evil since 2010.
Back to top Go down
falcon98
Hellion
falcon98

PostSubject: Re: Duke's Venom... wych hunter   Duke's Venom... wych hunter I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14 2012, 09:43

lol that's the life of a good DE general Wink good game though!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Duke's Venom... wych hunter   Duke's Venom... wych hunter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Duke's Venom... wych hunter
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Realspace Raids
-
Jump to: