THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

TrueBorns - Venoms or Raiders?

Go down 
+3
Local_Ork
Keranas
Azdrubael
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

TrueBorns - Venoms or Raiders? Empty
PostSubject: TrueBorns - Venoms or Raiders?   TrueBorns - Venoms or Raiders? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12 2012, 11:12

Whats your opinion? How do you use them?
On the first glance it seems venom, but in Mech envirnment all that AI prowess almost wasted.

So - how do you use trueborns?
Back to top Go down
Keranas
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: TrueBorns - Venoms or Raiders?   TrueBorns - Venoms or Raiders? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12 2012, 11:41

Mine, armed with Blasters, ride in a Venom with the extra Cannon upgrade - i zip the Blasterborn up near the enemy transports, jump out, shoot and hope to pop the transport, then munch up the things inside with the Splinter Cannons from the Venom - its a very nice synergy imo

Points painted: nearing 2k
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: TrueBorns - Venoms or Raiders?   TrueBorns - Venoms or Raiders? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12 2012, 11:57

There are several "flavors" each have their own advantage. Those are that I would consider (note that due to 3 model crew)

3x Blaster in Venom - standard that I love to hate. I don't like getting close and personal with small squads... Not mine at least Razz but hey, 3 shots in face folds Land Raiders.

2x Dark Lance in Venom - Static, but give most pew-pew per points... Most point/shot effective unit in book (151 points for 2 Lances and 12 SC bolts, Scourges get half AI, with half range, for 10 points less).

2x Splinter Cannon in Raider - highly mobile, basically it's Venom firepower inside Raider. Don't need to get close.

In my lists I try to use either 2 or 3, because I like gun line armies. Try to give them AI and AT, so You can open tank and maybe kill crew in one phase
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: TrueBorns - Venoms or Raiders?   TrueBorns - Venoms or Raiders? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12 2012, 15:02

I tend to use blasterborn in a venom only because I have the Venom painted(I hate painting Raiders Mad ). For me, it really comes down to what you are running in the rest of the army. Have a lot of AT? Take a Venom. Light on AT? Take another Raider. That being said, I do like the complimentary role that the 12 poisoned shots can play if your blasterborn pop a transport and you want to shoot up the occupants that pop out. The smaller transport size also makes reducing return fire a bit too.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Allidor
Slave
Allidor

PostSubject: Re: TrueBorns - Venoms or Raiders?   TrueBorns - Venoms or Raiders? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13 2012, 16:29

As people have already said, it depends on what weapons you're bringing with them. Blasterborn you'll want in a Venom for all the Splinter Cannon shots for when the Blasters pop the transport. Splinter Cannons in a Raider is nice, OR you can do Splinter Cannons in a Venom for 24 Splinter Cannon shots (assuming no movement, 20 if you move). Of course with the later in mind, you would need to ensure that you have enough Darklight shots elsewhere.

Warhammer Fantasy Battles
High Elves 2000 pts
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: TrueBorns - Venoms or Raiders?   TrueBorns - Venoms or Raiders? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13 2012, 17:49

Personally I use Venoms, as I normally play all shooty, and venoms fill my AI requirement. That being said if you feel you have enough AI, raiders do wonderfully. Its all about a balance of AT to AI, and you try to go in the middle.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
thetyrant
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: TrueBorns - Venoms or Raiders?   TrueBorns - Venoms or Raiders? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13 2012, 18:45

In larger than 1500 pt games, I usually field 9 trueborn with cannons and carbines and the Duke in a raider. More often than not I hold them in reserve, and when someone gets too close to my table edge, I hose them with either
29 or 33 shots. Some have said that it is an awful lot of points on A.I. shooting from one unit, but just about everyone in my gaming circle have come to absolutely fear that unit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TrueBorns - Venoms or Raiders?   TrueBorns - Venoms or Raiders? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TrueBorns - Venoms or Raiders?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: