THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

A List From An Unstable Mind

Go down 
+2
Evil Space Elves
thetyrant
6 posters
AuthorMessage
thetyrant
Hellion

A List From An Unstable Mind Empty
PostSubject: A List From An Unstable Mind   A List From An Unstable Mind I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21 2012, 04:21

Hello all. Lately I've been brainstorming lists for an upcoming tournament I shall be playing in. I've been doing so much thinking that I think I've fried some brain cells, which prompted me to come up with a flesh circus list. And here we go!

HQ
Urien Rakarth - 190

3 Haemonculi - 255
WWP

Elites
10 Grotesques - 430
Master Haemonculus upgragde

Troops
10 Wracks - 180
2 liquifier guns raider

10 Wracks - 180
2 liquifier guns raider

10 Wracks - 180
2 liquifier guns raider

10 Wracks - 120
2 liquifier guns

7 Wracks - 90
2 liquifier guns

Hvy

Talos - 135
extra CCW Chain Flails Heat Lance

Talos - 135

Talos - 135

for a grand total of 2k.

Now there is a method to this madnes...I think.
The three heamies deploy in the raiders at the deployment line. Everything else goes in reserve. Turn one the raiders go forward, dropping the heamies out, preferably NOT close to one another. The heamies drop the portals and then see how badly they get shot in the face on the opponents turn. Turn two on you roll for your reserves and see what fun monstrosities come billowing forward.
The reason for three portals are to give you more options on where you come out of, which helps if your opponent circles at least one of them.

Is it a good list? Iunno. I've never tried it, and I don't think I will anytime soon as I don't have (yet) the models to do it. Now, I leave the stage open to thoughts, comments, death threats and the like.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: A List From An Unstable Mind   A List From An Unstable Mind I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21 2012, 04:52

I would bestow you with the Lifetime Iron Cojones Award if you pulled this list off in a tournament. I have a ton of Coven models, and I can't come near fielding this many. Looks like it could do some hurt though.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
falcon98
Hellion
falcon98

PostSubject: Re: A List From An Unstable Mind   A List From An Unstable Mind I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21 2012, 05:15

i'm pretty sure 7 wracks can't get 2 liquifiers or is it just the voices in my head Shocked
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: A List From An Unstable Mind   A List From An Unstable Mind I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21 2012, 05:25

falcon98 wrote:
i'm pretty sure 7 wracks can't get 2 liquifiers or is it just the voices in my head Shocked
No, those voices are in my head too Twisted Evil No can do without the full ten.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
falcon98
Hellion
falcon98

PostSubject: Re: A List From An Unstable Mind   A List From An Unstable Mind I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21 2012, 09:55

lol, just saying, and that's a free 10pts, another wrack? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: A List From An Unstable Mind   A List From An Unstable Mind I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21 2012, 14:32

And where to the haemis go?

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: A List From An Unstable Mind   A List From An Unstable Mind I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22 2012, 04:31

unless my math is wrong, your grots are 20pts too expensive... I took your list and played around with it abit, it seems to have specialized melee units and not melee units this way, tell me what you think.

HQ
1 Urien Rakarth

2x Haemonculi w/Webway Portal

Elite
9 Grotesques + Master Haemonculus + Liquifier Gun
1 Aberration + Master Haemonculus + Flesh Gauntlet

Troops
3 x 4 Wracks + Liquifier Gun
1 Acothyst + Agoniser
1 Venom

3x 10 Wracks + Liquifier Gun x2

Heavy Support
3 x Talos Pain Engine + Extra Close Combat Weapon + Chain-flails + TL Heat Lance

This comes up to exactly 2k.

I also played around with the idea of tossing out a talos for a chronos for the extra pain tokens, but dont know how necessary it would be... The Aberration becomes especially nasty with 5 attacks that he gets to reroll wounds for, and unsaved wounds cause instant death (dunno how much eternal warrior you see), or you can toss that out for the scissorhand for the extra attack.

Sorry if it was a dick move completely rewriting your list like that. This just saves you a bit of money on the raiders, and you get free flickerfields, im sure that with a bit of toying around you could get the extra wwp if you really wanted (all you would really have to do was get rid of the acos).
Back to top Go down
falcon98
Hellion
falcon98

PostSubject: Re: A List From An Unstable Mind   A List From An Unstable Mind I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22 2012, 06:49

mmm that looks alright Smile , the abbberation + grotesques sound fun (overkill lol! ) IMO keep the 3 taloi, no Cronos
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: A List From An Unstable Mind   A List From An Unstable Mind I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22 2012, 09:25

Well, having a Chronos to boost the other 2 talos would make them 10x nastier, IMO, since by themselves they're going to be hard pressed to get that all important first pain token.

The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: A List From An Unstable Mind   A List From An Unstable Mind I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22 2012, 16:25

Again where do the haemies go. The rides are full and you cant be footslogging you wwp

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: A List From An Unstable Mind   A List From An Unstable Mind I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22 2012, 16:46

I think the idea is that the homun would board the venoms turn 1, and that the wracks would stay in reserve, but yeah, that doesnt work. just drop a wrack from each force, toss the homun in with them send out the 3 venoms (with only 2 homun), use the extra points to give the homun liquifiers... Should be able to survive one round if everything goes well, then they hop back in the venom, or at that point they charge something since those wracks are a melee assault force.
Back to top Go down
Marquis Vaulkhere
Kabalite Warrior
Marquis Vaulkhere

PostSubject: Re: A List From An Unstable Mind   A List From An Unstable Mind I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23 2012, 00:08

I did an all coven list like this. 10 grots, allot of wracks and the full talos thing. I tied ALOT with this list but when I got my Kabal stuff I started winning allot. Coven is cool but Kabal wins Smile.

thetyrant
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: A List From An Unstable Mind   A List From An Unstable Mind I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23 2012, 16:47

Ah, but that is where the fun comes from. The wracks DO NOT go in the raiders. They go in reserve. The heamies are the only things in the raiders. they deploy on the starting line, move twelve, disembark, and drop their WWP. Then, they die, or if your opponent isn't hot on the dice, they live, meet up with the wracks, give them the extra pain token, and then you get furious charge or fearless, depending on where you put Urien's free pain tokens.
Buuuut, the idea that we drop 1 wrack out of each unit, throw them in the raiders with the haemi, and then drop the WWP does have it's merit.
As I said, it's an idea I was tossing around. And sorry about the points inconsistencies, I got a little too excited with my lunacy when I wrote it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A List From An Unstable Mind   A List From An Unstable Mind I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A List From An Unstable Mind
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: