THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Winter Dark Eldar

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jasiek
Slave

Winter Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Winter Dark Eldar   Winter Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29 2012, 14:09

Hello to All,

I introduced myself in the other forum.
Here I want to share with you my idea of my new army that happened to be Dark Eldar, which I want to make in winter scheme.
Perhaps you could help me with that and offer some suggestions as to the Cults, Kabals and their color ideas.

Tonight I will get the following boxes:
1. Dark Eldar Wyches
2. Lelith Hesperax
3. Dark Eldar Scourages
4. Dark Eldar Mandrakes
5. Dark Eldar Venom
6. Dark Eldar Raider
7. Dark Eldar Ravager
8. Razorwing Jetfighter
9. Dark Eldar Battleforce

I think it will be ok for a start for an army around 1500pts.

So far I have no idea about the color schemes.. the only thing I know is that it will be in winter ;-)
Back to top Go down
Levitas
Kabalite Warrior
Levitas

Winter Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Dark Eldar   Winter Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29 2012, 15:54

So you want to work with a winter pallet? I'd suggest cool colors like blues, purples and pale greens. Frosty silvers. Avoid the warmer colors like reds, oranges and golds.
Back to top Go down
Jasiek
Slave

Winter Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Dark Eldar   Winter Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29 2012, 17:18

Yes, that is the idea. I want to make those in pale colors. I want to make sails of the raiders and ravager in very frosty blues, and the wings of the Scourages also light. We will see. I kept on thinking on winter schemed, and I think, that it can look good!
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

Winter Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Dark Eldar   Winter Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01 2012, 21:02

Very cool. Downright frigid I would say. Get it cool..frigid... Rolling Eyes OK maybe not.

I would advise taking a look at my Kabal, The Back Halo. Its a desert theme army, and while the colors are all wrong, the principles behind it would be a of great help I think. I used almost exclusively warm colors, tans, yellows, reds.

THE BLACK HALO

In your case, you would want to use cool colors, like blues, purples, silvers and soft greys to get the cool feel you have in mind.

There is a guy who did winter necrons that were really nice looking. If I can find that web page, I'll link that as well.

In terms of your choices, there are several ways to go with DE, but I do believe mandrakes are universally viewed as a bad choice. Fluff wise they are awesome, in real game play they are a subpar choice in the elites area. Take a look at Thor565 tactica, lots of good info in there as well as some of the army lists. We give really good feedback for different lists and play styles.

Looking forward to seeing more.
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Jasiek
Slave

Winter Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Dark Eldar   Winter Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01 2012, 23:42

Thanks for the feedback. I started to do some glueing and I hope to have some results in the near future.
As to the Mandrakes, I don't really care if they will do well on the battlefield. It is the cool fluff and the models that I chose them ;-)
I also bought the Harlequins + Death Jester and Shadow Seer. I just hope I will finish this army as I still have a lot to paint of my Orks and DA ;-)
Back to top Go down
Jasiek
Slave

Winter Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Dark Eldar   Winter Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03 2012, 07:52

Hello!

Last night I put together the squad of Scourages. What an awesome set? The miniatures are so dynamic!

I initially decided on the colour scheme, which will be light blues and grays. I want to make the vehicles light blue fading into white with white sails and dark blue in the recesses. This should look cool,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Winter Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter Dark Eldar   Winter Dark Eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winter Dark Eldar
Page 1 of 1