THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Impaled Phoenix Corsairs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wilock
Slave

The Impaled Phoenix Corsairs Empty
PostSubject: The Impaled Phoenix Corsairs   The Impaled Phoenix Corsairs I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02 2012, 11:20

Well, after having to take several months off ive come back to finally post up some of my WIP pics for my "cheerful" bunch of warp pirates.

Many of my pics so far were taken of the force im taking to terracon, but theres plenty more to be done after this lot, so unless i get lazy again, heres to the beginning of plenty of posts as my merry band of cut-throats takes shape.

My 3 primary colors were chosen to reflect a sort of venom theme(well at least in my eyes) so im running Lich Purple as the main body, with Blood red for edging and boltgun metal for contrast.

As the description says this is my first army attempt so I cant promise you picaso, but I will promise lots of lovely devices of destruction for your viewing displeasure.

And now to crack on.
Back to top Go down
wilock
Slave

PostSubject: Re: The Impaled Phoenix Corsairs   The Impaled Phoenix Corsairs I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02 2012, 11:26

The Fleet
The Impaled Phoenix Corsairs The_fl10
The Troops
The Impaled Phoenix Corsairs The_tr10
Squad Differentiation
The Impaled Phoenix Corsairs Squads10
Basing idea and Magnetised SC
The Impaled Phoenix Corsairs Splint10
Ello Beastie
The Impaled Phoenix Corsairs Ello_b10
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: The Impaled Phoenix Corsairs   The Impaled Phoenix Corsairs I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02 2012, 13:38

HOWDY AND WELCOME.

Hmm, interesting choice of colors. One thing that comes to mind when I look at these is that the red does not quite right. I think it has more to do with red being so close to purple on the color wheel.

That being said, what might help is to add a bit of orange to help distinguish the red from the purple. From the pictures, which is what I have to go by, the red looks off compared to the purple in terms of a highlight. Maybe if you added some teeth, like the white scars do to their armor. That might be really cool.

Another thing that could make a big difference is maybe a little freehand design work on the vehicles to add some visual interest. If you don't have a steady enough hand, you can use a pencil to draw out your design and then trace over the pencil pattern with a paint brush. It makes it so much easier and no one will ever know. I don't recommend ink pens because if you make a mistake, you can't erase the ink.

just kicking around ideas.

The gold for the weapons looks good against the purple.

I look forward to seeing more.

The Impaled Phoenix Corsairs Youdaamrg
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
wilock
Slave

PostSubject: Re: The Impaled Phoenix Corsairs   The Impaled Phoenix Corsairs I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03 2012, 04:09

Thanks for the tips Gar,

Freehand on the vehicles is planned but only once i get them all to a stage im happy with. The Razorwing will probably have most of its highlights taken away shortly when i do a touchup coat as it was rushed the first time around for a tourney i didnt end up getting to.

Looking to focus on getting my troops into some version of battle ready this weekend so hopefully will have a few new ones shortly
Back to top Go down
wilock
Slave

PostSubject: Re: The Impaled Phoenix Corsairs   The Impaled Phoenix Corsairs I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28 2012, 13:38

Hmmm seems ive been rather lazy with keeping things up to date.. I had finished painting my merry band of pirates, however the paint scheme used in earlier posts didnt quite cut it. It was always too bright for how i envisioned it but as I had limited time to get a full 1500pts painted for Terracon I continued on with it, after all it is my first ever army.

Having gotten a 7/20 at Terracon, and after seeing 2 very nicely done DE armies, I got home and a few weeks ago stripped the entire force. The new scheme is alot darker, alot better thought out and even better, i have a bit of time to learn new techniques and improve. This time round I will do the army justice.

So this time out ive been doing alot of WIP pics and will throw them up shortly. I must stress, as of this post and any pics posted within the next few days are not even close to being finished. My idea atm is to get units painted to a specific point then move on to something else that forces me to use different techniques, so please feel free to give suggestions and advice, I greatly value it atm.
Back to top Go down
wilock
Slave

PostSubject: Re: The Impaled Phoenix Corsairs   The Impaled Phoenix Corsairs I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28 2012, 14:27

Talos Pain Engine. Fully Magnetised, something like 30 odd magnets in it.
The Impaled Phoenix Corsairs 20120610
Razorwing pre tail attachment.
The Impaled Phoenix Corsairs 20120711
Fully kitted out Venom. My testbed for the new color scheme.
The Impaled Phoenix Corsairs 20120611
Raider.
The Impaled Phoenix Corsairs 20120713
Baron Sathonyx. my first ever attempt at a conversion.
The Impaled Phoenix Corsairs 20120714
Incubi. Ive dropped them from my tournament list, however they are great for practicing my edging.
The Impaled Phoenix Corsairs 20120715
Wracks. Same as my incubi.
The Impaled Phoenix Corsairs 20120716
Hellion. Early stage. Using the Barons colors for them.
The Impaled Phoenix Corsairs 20120717
Warriors. Blaster is magnetised and eyes need further work.
The Impaled Phoenix Corsairs 20120718
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Impaled Phoenix Corsairs   The Impaled Phoenix Corsairs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Impaled Phoenix Corsairs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-
Jump to: