THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New Dark Eldar list for a new player

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Earl_Scott
Slave

New Dark Eldar list for a new player Empty
PostSubject: New Dark Eldar list for a new player   New Dark Eldar list for a new player I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05 2012, 03:35

HQ

Baron Sathonix

Troops

Helion x 20
Heliarch
Phantasm Grenade Launcher
Agonizer

Helion x 20
Heliarch
Agonizer

Helion x 10
Heliarch
Agonizer

Heavy Support

Razorwing Fighter
Night Shields
Flicker Field
Splinter Cannon

Razorwing Fighter
Night Shields
Flicker Field
Splinter Cannon

Ravager
Night Shields
Flicker Fields

Elites

Kablite Truebornex10
X2 DarkLances
Raider
Flickerfield

Kablite Truebornex10
X2 DarkLances
Raider Flickerfield
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar list for a new player   New Dark Eldar list for a new player I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05 2012, 05:09

Earl_Scott wrote:
Baron Sathonix
Fine.

Earl_Scott wrote:
Helion x 20
Heliarch
Agonizer
I'm guessing at least one of these big squads is going with the Baron - in that case that squad doesn't need a PGL because the Baron provides one.

Earl_Scott wrote:

Razorwing Fighter
Night Shields
Flicker Field
Splinter Cannon
Fine build - bad placement within army - I'll explain this later.

Earl_Scott wrote:
Ravager
Night Shields
Flicker Fields
Fine.

Earl_Scott wrote:
Kablite Truebornex10
X2 DarkLances
Raider
Flickerfield
Why 10? If they have Dark Lances you're either sitting in the Raider or setting them up as snipers in terrain. In either case there are 8 guys who are just sitting around being ablative wounds and not doing much of anything - and it's not like Trueborn are exactly cheap. You could save a lot of points even shaving off 3-4 of these guys if you're dead set on ablative wounds. You could save even more if you trim them back to 3 men each.

Okay, I am neutral on two things about this army.

1. The Hellions. Yeah, I'll avoid debating too much about this - but let's just say that Hellions without Sathypants are pretty much what jump infantry is in most codices; not that great. They're fragile, and have questionable hitting power. I'd personally keep the one big mob with the Baron and field other Troop options for an overall more potent army that can work in support of the big Hellion mass.

2. The Razorwings - okay, so you think Thor is 'the suxx0rs' for wanting you to dump the Hellions and are planning to tell me to sod off because you're fielding them anyway. Okay, great. At that point I have issues with your Razorwings. You're paying over 300 points for a unit that is, primarily really good at killing infantry...wanna take a guess at what type of thing 50 Hellions are good at killing? (hint, it has two legs and isn't called mech). Basically you have oh-dear-gawd points worth of Hellions competing with sweet-mother-of-Mary points in the Razorwings as they both want to kill infantry.

Not optimal.

You would be well served just taking two more Ravagers and saving the odd 60 points to use elsewhere. Frankly, if you kept the Hellions, I'd shave points off the Trueborn and the Razorwings to field some other type of anti-mech shooting that can hit stuff turn 1, because the sooner infantry is footslogging the sooner your Hellions can get to work, and theoretically that's the gameplan.

Hope that helps,
Thor.

Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar list for a new player   New Dark Eldar list for a new player I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05 2012, 05:23

+1 to what thor said, plus hellion bomb lists love wwp. Shave those points and get a couple haemies with wwp.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Archon
Kabalite Warrior
Archon

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar list for a new player   New Dark Eldar list for a new player I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06 2012, 15:00

I agree that the Ravagers would be of better use in your army, however, I also see that you are running the Razorwings because they are the models you have. I think you will be able to make good use of them, if you are clever and careful about how you use them. Be careful about Wargear selections, with combat drugs and depending on the opponent, Agonizers may not be your best choice.

I think this could be a very strong list, and I would like to hear how it works for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar list for a new player   New Dark Eldar list for a new player I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Dark Eldar list for a new player
Page 1 of 1