THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Agoniser rule tweak

Go down 
+2
Xelkireth
xerxeshavelock
6 posters
AuthorMessage
xerxeshavelock
Hellion

Agoniser rule tweak Empty
PostSubject: Agoniser rule tweak   Agoniser rule tweak I_icon_minitimeTue May 31 2011, 23:58

Found myself wishing the Agoniser was poisoned, that way it would benefit from things like Furious Charge and Soul Trap. Would this make it too strong?
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Agoniser rule tweak   Agoniser rule tweak I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 00:01

The agoniser is fine as is, imo, and needs no tweaking.
Back to top Go down
xerxeshavelock
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Agoniser rule tweak   Agoniser rule tweak I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 00:19

Just seems a bit odd that it is as effective against a guardsman as against a marine is all. Bothers me slightly.
Back to top Go down
Rangrok1k
Hellion

Location : The Spires of upper Commorragh, amongst the Scourges

PostSubject: Re: Agoniser rule tweak   Agoniser rule tweak I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 01:06

xerxeshavelock wrote:
Just seems a bit odd that it is as effective against a guardsman as against a marine is all. Bothers me slightly.
I don't find it that bad. If you are against Guardsmen, a Venom Blade or Huskblade can suit you nicely (I can't think of anything in the Imperial Guard codex that demands a power weapon).

In addition, Poison weapons wound Gargantuan Creatures on a 6+ and I want to be able to kill a t9 Hierophant in cc with a horde of Archons. The TRUE court of the Archon(s) Twisted Evil (Strangely, it would actually be cost effective. 100 points for a cheap archon with an Agonizer, Clone Field, and 25 more for one with a Phantasm Grenade Launcher results in about 12 Archons negating every one of the Hierophant's attacks for being slightly less that the Hierophant's price Very Happy)

Radium
Kabalite Warrior
Radium

PostSubject: Re: Agoniser rule tweak   Agoniser rule tweak I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 07:01

I'd like the old 6 = glancing hit back. Aside from that it's all good. Winning combat against Guard isn't that hard for DE, we don't need even more help in that department. Against other t3 armies (craftworld kin, tyranids) it might be useful, but would also make it even better than it already is.
And like Rangrok1k says, killing gargantuan creatures with agonisers is a lot of fun Razz.

My Archon's latest trapped soul: Kairos Fateweaver
Back to top Go down
Arhra
Hellion
Arhra

PostSubject: Re: Agoniser rule tweak   Agoniser rule tweak I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 21:40

I wish it was too, so that the Lhamaean has a point and so the Court of the Archon actually gets some playtime.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Agoniser rule tweak   Agoniser rule tweak I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 22:07

People ofen forgot that Lhamaean is CC Trueborn that wound on 2+ and cost... 10 points? But I agree this would make Court really nice addition.

@Radium
Grenades IMHO work way better, despite lower ammount of attacks.
Back to top Go down
xerxeshavelock
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Agoniser rule tweak   Agoniser rule tweak I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 23:05

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Might make it a little too strong then?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Agoniser rule tweak   Agoniser rule tweak I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Agoniser rule tweak
Page 1 of 1