THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Troops Edition 1 Comment thread: The_Burning_Eye

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

Troops Edition 1 Comment thread: The_Burning_Eye Empty
PostSubject: Troops Edition 1 Comment thread: The_Burning_Eye   Troops Edition 1 Comment thread: The_Burning_Eye I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19 2012, 14:49

username: The_Burning_Eye
user id: u899
troop: 10 wyches of the Cult of the Shadowed Blade in a raider
Troops Edition 1 Comment thread: The_Burning_Eye Archon_s_challenge_part_2_pic_1

And I'm done.
Troops Edition 1 Comment thread: The_Burning_Eye Wych_squad_2_complete_1
Troops Edition 1 Comment thread: The_Burning_Eye Wych_squad_2_complete_2
Troops Edition 1 Comment thread: The_Burning_Eye Wych_squad_2_complete_3

10 wyches and a raider. Most impressive. I also noticed the citadel resin scenic bits. Nice touch there!

The green on green is good and well executed. I'm not so sure about the snow bases, but it does make the models stand out that much more.

Nice work!

Troops Edition 1 Comment thread: The_Burning_Eye Youdaamrg
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Troops Edition 1 Comment thread: The_Burning_Eye   Troops Edition 1 Comment thread: The_Burning_Eye I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20 2012, 15:52

I approve of your hate of Imperial Fists )
Also i like the Sail on raider, both freehand and color choice.

S'jet
Hellion
S'jet

PostSubject: Re: Troops Edition 1 Comment thread: The_Burning_Eye   Troops Edition 1 Comment thread: The_Burning_Eye I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20 2012, 16:16

I like the sail too. And you painted all the crew! heh. The bases are a wierd one for me. They dont look finished. Maybe its because the base rims are white, which i havent seen before =)
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Troops Edition 1 Comment thread: The_Burning_Eye   Troops Edition 1 Comment thread: The_Burning_Eye I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20 2012, 16:28

@Azdrubael: You're gonna love a couple of bases I've got planned later then, I'm hoping to do a dead one slumped against a building with a couple of wyches underneath my razorwing, and also thinking of using my spare (failcast) version of the 25th anniversary miniature as a sprawled corpse on one base, with the banner as an objective marker. In fairness, it was more that I didn't want to introduce a new colour, so as the final armour highlight was yellow and I'd just finished reading Phalanx, it seemed to make sense.

@S'jet: Seems to be a recurring theme, I've just always done my bases like that, I'm starting to add a few things to them now, trying to liven them up a bit so any tips you have I'd love to hear them. I'm sticking to the ice theme though, I guess the Hoth battle in Empire Strikes Back had a bigger impact on me as a kid than I realised!

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Troops Edition 1 Comment thread: The_Burning_Eye   Troops Edition 1 Comment thread: The_Burning_Eye I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Troops Edition 1 Comment thread: The_Burning_Eye
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: The Competition Arena
-
Jump to: