THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Coven of 12 Apocalypse Formation

Go down 
+4
Xelkireth
Local_Ork
Saintspirit
Torpedo Vegas
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

The Coven of 12 Apocalypse Formation  Empty
PostSubject: The Coven of 12 Apocalypse Formation    The Coven of 12 Apocalypse Formation  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 21:36

Inspired by what Rangrok1k said:
Rangrok1k wrote:

In addition, Poison weapons wound Gargantuan Creatures on a 6+ and I want to be able to kill a t9 Hierophant in cc with a horde of Archons. The TRUE court of the Archon(s) Twisted Evil (

I had an idea for a horde of haemunculi and wracks.

The Coven of 12:

1-3 Haemunculus Ancients
3-12 Haemunculi

3-10 Units of Wracks
1-5 Units of Grotesques

0-3 Pain Engines

100 Points + models

Carnival of Pain:
All models in this formation start with an additional Pain Token, in addition, they can have a max of 4 pain tokens, the 4th of which confers the Counter-Attack and Preferred Enemy special rules.

Horror from out of the Space:
All models in this formation can Deep Strike, and may assault the turn they arrive from reserve (if if Deep Striking).

Basically, this is what I'd imagine the invasion force of that Tau world from the codex would have been like. Wave upon wave of flesh-crafted pain-crazed monsters.

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: The Coven of 12 Apocalypse Formation    The Coven of 12 Apocalypse Formation  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 21:42

Definitely a fun idea, a true carnival of flesh.

Think however that you should change it to that every unit starts with an additional pain token. I don't know much about formations, but I assume that each unit works separately.
Also, no Cronos? Or with pain engines, do you mean both Talos and Cronos?

Speaking of pain engines, I'd like to see a third one of some kind (Minos Control Engine?), along with a... pain... titan... Twisted Evil

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: The Coven of 12 Apocalypse Formation    The Coven of 12 Apocalypse Formation  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 21:45

Pain Engine means both Talos and Cronos.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: The Coven of 12 Apocalypse Formation    The Coven of 12 Apocalypse Formation  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 22:07

Torpedo Vegas wrote:
Pain Engine means both Talos and Cronos.

Actually Cronos is Parasite Engine (just in case someone read it RAW), but good You've calrified this.

Adore fluff and rule.

I wonder if this DS ability couldn't be changed to "you may buy WWP for double cost, however they may be placed like units with "infiltration" rule" That would be dandy.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: The Coven of 12 Apocalypse Formation    The Coven of 12 Apocalypse Formation  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 02:04

Local_Ork wrote:
I wonder if this DS ability couldn't be changed to "you may buy WWP for double cost, however they may be placed like units with "infiltration" rule" That would be dandy.

Or use the WWP one. Place three WWPs and deepstrike them. Bump the cost up to probably 250+ models.
Back to top Go down
Rangrok1k
Hellion

Location : The Spires of upper Commorragh, amongst the Scourges

PostSubject: Re: The Coven of 12 Apocalypse Formation    The Coven of 12 Apocalypse Formation  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 02:10

Well, for Fluff reasons, there is an Apocalypse Strategic Asset (It's somewhere in the Apocalypse Reload Book) that allows you to deep-strike 3 Webway Portals at the start of the game. Personally, that seems more fluff appropriate than them all deep-striking and assaulting out of deep-strike. Randomly, on a quite battlefield, the fabric of reality is torn apart as a legion of monstrous beasts come charging out.

*Edit: Curse you Xelkireth! You type faster than me Evil or Very Mad *

Maybe a 10" Webway Portal for the Haemonculi to walk out of in style Very Happy

Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: The Coven of 12 Apocalypse Formation    The Coven of 12 Apocalypse Formation  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 02:22

Rangrok1k wrote:
I average anywhere from 75-80 CWPM. Bam!
Back to top Go down
Todo13
Kabalite Warrior
Todo13

PostSubject: Re: The Coven of 12 Apocalypse Formation    The Coven of 12 Apocalypse Formation  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 02:58

I like this! I may use it Wink
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: The Coven of 12 Apocalypse Formation    The Coven of 12 Apocalypse Formation  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 03:47

Anyone have a page number for said asset, I only have the Apoc book in pdf and don't really want to scan through the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
Rangrok1k
Hellion

Location : The Spires of upper Commorragh, amongst the Scourges

PostSubject: Re: The Coven of 12 Apocalypse Formation    The Coven of 12 Apocalypse Formation  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2011, 23:18

Torpedo Vegas wrote:
Anyone have a page number for said asset, I only have the Apoc book in pdf and don't really want to scan through the whole thing.
I don't have the book on me, but its in the back of Apocalypse Reload. Like the last 1/5 of the book.

Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!
Kabalite Warrior
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!

PostSubject: Re: The Coven of 12 Apocalypse Formation    The Coven of 12 Apocalypse Formation  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27 2011, 05:07

Xelkireth wrote:
Rangrok1k wrote:
I average anywhere from 75-80 CWPM. Bam!
I will forever have the mental image of Dharzar furiously typing away to improve his CWPM in between killing things in my head now.

You know, one thing I think that the Covens should be able to get in Apocalypse is Combat Drugs. They probably make a lot of the stuff, so why shouldn't they have them?

Perhaps Combat Drugs on the Haemonculi, Wracks and Grotesques for 50-100 more points?

In Exile

PostSubject: Re: The Coven of 12 Apocalypse Formation    The Coven of 12 Apocalypse Formation  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2011, 01:22

Sounds reasonable. I just don't see them fitting the nitch of the carnival of flesh idea. I'd probably say every unit in the formation gets fleet or some such.
Back to top Go down
asdrubal vect
Slave
asdrubal vect

PostSubject: Re: The Coven of 12 Apocalypse Formation    The Coven of 12 Apocalypse Formation  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15 2011, 16:18

yes, drazar typing furiously at his computer, incubi comes up behind him, drazar kills him, then continues typing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Coven of 12 Apocalypse Formation    The Coven of 12 Apocalypse Formation  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Coven of 12 Apocalypse Formation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Rules Development
-
Jump to: