THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar RPG Coming Soon

Go down 
+2
Preacher
Sky Serpent
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Dark Eldar RPG Coming Soon Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar RPG Coming Soon   Dark Eldar RPG Coming Soon I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23 2012, 00:45

We will soon be launching our own forum based RPG to coincide with FFG's The Soul Reaver.

The RPG will be comprised of one forum with several subcategories and threads detailing the Port and its raids.
It will be based around the idea of a forum for Raids, one for RPing in Commorragh (weapon shops, taverns) and an OOC forum for sign ups, character design, suggestions etc.

What I am looking for is enthusiastic members who want to help me shape the RPG, create a wide variety of NPCs, locations, events and things to see and do in Commorragh.

I am also looking for people that would like to GM the RPG too and also those who will help promote our RPG.

Please reply to this thread with why you want to help, what you could bring to the table and what similar experience you have had with forum based RPing.

Sky.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Preacher
Kabalite Warrior
Preacher

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar RPG Coming Soon   Dark Eldar RPG Coming Soon I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23 2012, 21:56

Hey Sky

This sounds like a great idea and I'd be happy to help where I can, so I'd like to offer my help in the ideas and fleshing out department. My free time is reasonably limited these days but I would like to contribute if I can.

As for my pedigree...

I've spent some significant time now playing on an Freelancer/StarWars RPG server, mainly as a faction leader/"special" adviser. There I focused on building up a good story and background for characters and factions as well as encouraging day to day RP on the server and organizing specific RP Events.

Now most of my RP experience has been from more "free form" RP than the d12 kind. Some people have called what I did "creative community story telling" or something high sounding like that. As such I'm not sure I'd be a great GM as stats aren't my favorite thing, but when it comes to being a fair judge, making background and just generally telling a good ole story and having a great time doing it, that where I come in.

Preach'
Back to top Go down
Darkgreen Pirate
Sybarite
Darkgreen Pirate

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar RPG Coming Soon   Dark Eldar RPG Coming Soon I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23 2012, 22:44

This could be interesting! I would like to throw my hydra gauntlet into the ring. My experience with forum based RP is, well, nil, however my overall experience is quite broad. From sci-fi to high fantasy, from political intrigue to cartoon shenanigans ( toon,what a GREAT game).

Ive been playing RPG's for the last 30 years or so, and yes I have the small oddshaped booklets that existed before the red d&d box. I've run and played in almost every system imaginable, and still have most of the books taking up half our den...a bone of contention with the trouble and strife.....

When it comes to game balance, background and random bits of fluff that turn into major story arcs, I'm your man. I'd even give GM'ing a go, but as I said this forum style would be new to me, Ive been fortunate to cultivate several differnt gaming groups out of my FLGS.
Back to top Go down
MrBrokenAzs
Kabalite Warrior
MrBrokenAzs

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar RPG Coming Soon   Dark Eldar RPG Coming Soon I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24 2012, 15:04

I would LOVE to help! I've spent 90% of my internet life on forum RPGs. I could fill any roll you need. If you want to look at some of the old forums I made/Gm'd with i could show you.

See thing has gotten me all excited and Id be willing to help out anywhere you need me.

With Php, i know how to work the character sheets and dice systems really well so i could have that working for us too.

Let me know where I am needed and I will do everything I am asked =)
Back to top Go down
oberonson
Hellion
oberonson

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar RPG Coming Soon   Dark Eldar RPG Coming Soon I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25 2012, 20:12

Sounds great! You could include a virtual tour of Commoragh. an upgrade for the forum could be rank classes, eg: you start as a slave, choose certain paths like reaver, kabalite ect.. and follow the path to the top with more independent rank choices.
Back to top Go down
hx_fluff
Slave
hx_fluff

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar RPG Coming Soon   Dark Eldar RPG Coming Soon I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09 2012, 20:01

Dark Eldar RPG sounds awesome!

I have some experience in Forum RPG in form of inquisitor and other non GW games. All i would say is that if you are going to do it you will need dedicated people not only running but also in the playing.

From the replies above i would say that you are not short on knowledge just need to get it out there any get people interested in playing (Yes i would love to play!)

Are you looking to start from with people making Characters on a OOC forum area and then having IC Commorrah from there you could then split off to the different tiers and spires i.e. Lower city (Haemonculus, Wracks etc), Mid City (Helon gangs, Reavers, Kabalities, Wyches etc) and upper city (Archons, Shines, Nobles etc)

From this sort of set up most of the characters and action would happen in mid sector unless everyone played and archon which would be interesting but ill advised i would say IMO.

Well thats my 10p worth.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar RPG Coming Soon   Dark Eldar RPG Coming Soon I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar RPG Coming Soon
Page 1 of 1