THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Welcome to the new RPG Discussion forum

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

Welcome to the new RPG Discussion forum Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to the new RPG Discussion forum   Welcome to the new RPG Discussion forum I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23 2012, 01:00

Here is where we will plan and implement the new Soul Reaver based RPG section of the forum.

First up since we dont have the rules to work from yet lets here suggestions for the name of the category and the 3 subsections.

edit - also suggestions for where on the board it should be placed in relation to the other categories.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!

Last edited by Baron Tordeck on Fri Mar 23 2012, 01:04; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new RPG Discussion forum   Welcome to the new RPG Discussion forum I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23 2012, 01:02

Well, I would like the main RPG and the other sections to be called:

Port INSERTNAME - Dark Eldar RPG

Realspace Raids
Port INSERTNAME
Out of Character Discussion

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Preacher
Kabalite Warrior
Preacher

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new RPG Discussion forum   Welcome to the new RPG Discussion forum I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24 2012, 13:00

For the organisational part I'd probably go with Sky's general idea although I'd probably put it more...

Port INSERTNAME - Dark Eldar RPG

Port INSERTNAME
Realspace Raids
Out of Character Discussion

As for for where to place the boards I think I'd go between the Other Dark Eldar Discussion which includes the background section and Low Commorragh. This would place it firmly in the "creative" area of the boards with the background close at hand for inspiration and ideas.

As for the name of the Port, short of randomly generating names I think we need to think about what sort of place the port is going to be before we can name it properly. I might be a good idea to avoid any name that seems too "common" or "blunt". I'll have a ponder today and see what I can think of...

To rule in hell is only the begining..."

Lady No'ki Vankar, Kabal of the Poisoned Claw
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new RPG Discussion forum   Welcome to the new RPG Discussion forum I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24 2012, 20:13

What is going in the Realspace Raids section - and is it worth that being the name when we already use that for Bat Reps?

Back to top Go down
Preacher
Kabalite Warrior
Preacher

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new RPG Discussion forum   Welcome to the new RPG Discussion forum I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25 2012, 16:42

As I understood it the Real space Raids section would be for RP outside of Commorragh. The port is where we plot plan and scheme, as well as agents fighting in the dens and shops.

I had completely forgotten that the bat-rep section was Real Space Raids. In that case we could consider just calling the RP section "Real space". We've already defined it as the RP section.

Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new RPG Discussion forum   Welcome to the new RPG Discussion forum I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26 2012, 02:18

Okay, so if, say, we're running a game and people want to leave Commoragh they'd go post not only in a separate thread but in a separate part of the forum?

That kinda feels clunky to me - are we just going to be running one master game and treating the threads kind of like a live chat style RPG experience? Because it seems like if there will be multiple gamemasters then we'd want to be able to let them have their games within a thread, yeah?

Has this been clarified elsewhere? I feel like I'm blundering into the middle of a conversation already started Wink

Back to top Go down
Preacher
Kabalite Warrior
Preacher

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new RPG Discussion forum   Welcome to the new RPG Discussion forum I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26 2012, 11:33

Just a bit of conjecture from the announcement post. I think at this point we need a bit of input from the head honcho.

Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new RPG Discussion forum   Welcome to the new RPG Discussion forum I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26 2012, 13:28

Nice to see the enthusiasm guys, thanks.

Preacher, your idea for board placement is sound, and we can wait for a while before naming the port.

Regarding the name of Realspace Raids - I had thought of changing the current board into Battle Reports instead to save confusion.

Let's get my explaining cap on. My idea is that others won't be able to start threads in Realspace or just simply leave Commorragh. The only way of doing that is by GM started 'quest' threads... These can be simple realspace raids or something more sinister.

It will be one master game with all threads leading to one plot.

This section will remain as somewhere for GM's to discuss the game and discuss future ideas. GM's will be able to run all games and quests in their own style as long as they follow a standard xp system. This means we will get a variety of games - some will want to use live chats, some will like threads, some quick, some slow etc. I want everyone to be able to take part, no matter their skill in descriptive writing or experience in roleplaying.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
MrBrokenAzs
Kabalite Warrior
MrBrokenAzs

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new RPG Discussion forum   Welcome to the new RPG Discussion forum I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26 2012, 21:17

Are we going to have like jobs for everyone? As far as like plot developers and character designers? and wargear and stuff like that?

Last edited by MrBrokenAzs on Mon Mar 26 2012, 21:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new RPG Discussion forum   Welcome to the new RPG Discussion forum I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26 2012, 21:24

Anybody who wants to be one.

They will need to have some knowledge of GMing in any form, knowledge of the Dark Eldar and an enthusiasm to make our RPG amazing.

We will obviously recruit in house - that's what we are doing at the moment. I don't think it would be a bad idea to post a few recruitment threads on other forums to gauge interest - druchii.net, FFG's forum and the roleplaying forums of Warseer and Dakka wouldn't be a bad place to start.

Thoughts?

Back to top Go down
MrBrokenAzs
Kabalite Warrior
MrBrokenAzs

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new RPG Discussion forum   Welcome to the new RPG Discussion forum I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26 2012, 21:30

Just like a design team for a video game, like head designer, character development/wargear, plot developer. Like an invisible sub section of the forum and through the people that want to help build it into a user group so we can discuss things privately, and an open suggestion board to the people who have ideas but arent directly involved

MrBrokenAzs
Kabalite Warrior
MrBrokenAzs

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new RPG Discussion forum   Welcome to the new RPG Discussion forum I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26 2012, 21:34

OH, are we going to be using the forum provided character sheet and dice system to make everything a little simpler as far as battles go?

Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new RPG Discussion forum   Welcome to the new RPG Discussion forum I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26 2012, 22:22

as soon as i can figure out how to get it working that is a possibility.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
MrBrokenAzs
Kabalite Warrior
MrBrokenAzs

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new RPG Discussion forum   Welcome to the new RPG Discussion forum I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26 2012, 22:40

Ive been using the PhP character builder for years if you want my help getting it set up.

Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new RPG Discussion forum   Welcome to the new RPG Discussion forum I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26 2012, 22:41

A design team is a way of looking at it I suppose. I wasn't planning on having everyone given roles but then if someone wanted to take the bulk of shop design etc then yeah, go ahead etc. This sub forum will stay as a behind the scenes discussion of the RPG and we will have an OOC sub forum for discussion of the RPG.

There will be a thread for storage of character sheets but Baron is looking at a way to get it working here, and the dice.

You won't necessarily have to roll dice, that depends on the GM. Some GMs will expect you to roll dice for anything and everything you do, some expect you to roll for some events, some will roll for you and some will just expect you to roleplay to the strength of your stats. That'll all be up to the GM.

Back to top Go down
MrBrokenAzs
Kabalite Warrior
MrBrokenAzs

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new RPG Discussion forum   Welcome to the new RPG Discussion forum I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26 2012, 22:51

I have one of my old forums which i have a really indepth character sheet system. I know you dont want me poking around your admin panel, but i can take you through step by step getting the profile character sheets up and running, as well as dice.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new RPG Discussion forum   Welcome to the new RPG Discussion forum I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the new RPG Discussion forum
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

TEMPLE OF GAMES

:: The Dark City RPG Discussion
-
Jump to: