THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Serpent's Tinkering...

Go down 
+7
Evil Space Elves
Levitas
Gobsmakked
Saintspirit
Todo13
Xelkireth
Sky Serpent
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

The Serpent's Tinkering... Empty
PostSubject: The Serpent's Tinkering...   The Serpent's Tinkering... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01 2011, 22:05

I am always looking to improve the site, especially the categories and forums. Some people may not realise what I have done so I am going to provide a simple log to keep everyone up to date. I'll also let you know what I am planning next: this way you can help forge the forum alongside me.

Deleted The Exhibition, wasn't really needed, the other two painting forums were enough.
Realspace is now a category, this gives room for the future where video games etc will need their own space.
GW/Other News and Rumours added, I want the Dark Eldar News.. to cater only for DE.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: The Serpent's Tinkering...   The Serpent's Tinkering... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 02:07

Why am I getting emails from "Board" as opposed to "THE DARK CITY"?
Back to top Go down
Todo13
Kabalite Warrior
Todo13

PostSubject: Re: The Serpent's Tinkering...   The Serpent's Tinkering... I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2011, 03:02

Xelkireth wrote:
Why am I getting emails from "Board" as opposed to "THE DARK CITY"?

Hmm… me too
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: The Serpent's Tinkering...   The Serpent's Tinkering... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2012, 02:00

Please use this thread for feedback for any small changes that I have made recently and will make in the near future, ie the symbol on the forum page, widgets on the left etc.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: The Serpent's Tinkering...   The Serpent's Tinkering... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2012, 07:49

Well, I like the new symbols on each forum, but I am not very fond of the new font used (get it? Fond of the font?)

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Serpent's Tinkering...   The Serpent's Tinkering... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2012, 08:09

I agree with Local_Ork about adjusting the width of the forum, if possible Sky.
https://thedarkcity.forummotion.com/t2281p20-chatango#24617

It's always had plenty of room on both sides, no matter which computer or monitor I use, or which browser. I think if it was wider, or the main body of was at least as wide as it was before, that would really help.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Levitas
Kabalite Warrior
Levitas

PostSubject: Re: The Serpent's Tinkering...   The Serpent's Tinkering... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2012, 14:21

You may have too much going on with the widgets, trying to read while elements are moving in the peripheral vision is distracting. Not sure we need the key words, as the search engine does that job. Plus the 'view latest posts since your last visit'' option does the same job as the moving 'latest topics' widget.

I do like the gallery, just might need a slower rotation to be less distracting?

Again, some of us may serf at work, home etc on various size monitors. Others may be on readers or smart phones. We all have our poison Wink

Dark Eldar 2k, Space Wolves 3k, Raven Guard 3k
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Serpent's Tinkering...   The Serpent's Tinkering... I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04 2012, 01:34

It was interesting with all of the options, but as Levitas noted-cluttered. I like the most recent edition much better. the chat at the bottom makes the page far less chaotic.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Serpent's Tinkering...   The Serpent's Tinkering... I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04 2012, 08:25

I am really liking the all-black background Sky!

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: The Serpent's Tinkering...   The Serpent's Tinkering... I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04 2012, 09:39

Me too - also, it is much wider now, feels much better.

(But I'm still not very happy with the font)

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Phototoxin
Kabalite Warrior
Phototoxin

PostSubject: Re: The Serpent's Tinkering...   The Serpent's Tinkering... I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04 2012, 10:00

Current edition is better - clearer and less cluttered.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joerogers.info
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: The Serpent's Tinkering...   The Serpent's Tinkering... I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04 2012, 13:39

The Serpent's Tinkering... Ampgreen The Serpent's Tinkering... Eyegreen
The Serpent's Tinkering... Maingrey The Serpent's Tinkering... Mainred The Serpent's Tinkering... Mainwhite
The Serpent's Tinkering... Onlinee
The Serpent's Tinkering... Postgreen The Serpent's Tinkering... Postgrey The Serpent's Tinkering... Postred The Serpent's Tinkering... Postwhite

I've made some smoother icons (added white for post (I hate "evergreen" everywhere, it's look like first levels of Daikatana) and green for Trophy Rack)

And I like new layout.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: The Serpent's Tinkering...   The Serpent's Tinkering... I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04 2012, 14:05

Thanks, I was going to ask someone to smooth out the icons.

Any chance you could work on the nav bar at the top that I started? Font is Georgia.

Also can you make grey and white versions of the eye and amp? Could you redo the green as the 33cc99 we were using before? And please do the eye in the purple that my name is in, please.

And a new favicon for the top, the one I made looks rather crude.

All buttons that look like the old forum need doing if yourself or anyone else wants to get involved.

Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: The Serpent's Tinkering...   The Serpent's Tinkering... I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04 2012, 15:53

Yep, I can do it.

I actually need to reupload them, since Imageshack screwed them....

[edit]
Sky, would You allow me to adjust buttons on top? Like set one width for all, replace On/Off with Log In/Out etc. ?

[edit 2]
I've made some previews of frame.
The Serpent's Tinkering... Frame_11
The Serpent's Tinkering... Frame10
The Serpent's Tinkering... Frame_10

One white, one green, one fancy.
Say which one You would like to have.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: The Serpent's Tinkering...   The Serpent's Tinkering... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05 2012, 00:25

I think I prefer the bottom one, dont worry about changing the green. Feel free to change the button names, maybe get some purple in there too... green frame with white words in georgia in capitals.

Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: The Serpent's Tinkering...   The Serpent's Tinkering... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05 2012, 17:12

Ok Sky, I'm gonna work over buttons today... It's good we use CSS, it's very flexible (I've tested if bigger buttons works, they do Smile).

[edit]
And I like change of Mods colour.
Back to top Go down
Phototoxin
Kabalite Warrior
Phototoxin

PostSubject: Re: The Serpent's Tinkering...   The Serpent's Tinkering... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05 2012, 23:04

Forum & Calendar are fine, but the rest of the menu buttons (incl profile, PM, new topic, add reply) are buggered!
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: The Serpent's Tinkering...   The Serpent's Tinkering... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05 2012, 23:18

It's because I started work on them before Local stepped in some help by smoothing out the images and has now taken over.

Local can you make MEMBERS into DENIZENS and GROUPS into KABALS please.

Back to top Go down
Phototoxin
Kabalite Warrior
Phototoxin

PostSubject: Re: The Serpent's Tinkering...   The Serpent's Tinkering... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05 2012, 23:25

Also the gallery is a bit fethed. The upload button has a ?-mark and the galleries are a bit squished. Sorry if I'm breaking the website!
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: The Serpent's Tinkering...   The Serpent's Tinkering... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2012, 21:16

Ok, I have sent You (on mail) half of icons, including better logo.

I also have two versions of buttons, with old and new font (replaced PM with MESSAGE).

The Serpent's Tinkering... Kopia_10 The Serpent's Tinkering... I_icon10

As well as menu (in parts)

The Serpent's Tinkering... Menu_g10

[edit]

The Serpent's Tinkering... Kopia_11
CRAP!

Tested without login in.
There is solution.
Allow non-registered to see Forum, FAQ, Register, Log in buttons only. Then allow registered to see Forum, FAQ and rest.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: The Serpent's Tinkering...   The Serpent's Tinkering... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2012, 23:00

I need the menu bar in parts, each segment is a little image. Can you do the text in white and fix Denizens please. Thanks for your help so far. Oh I also need a white eye symbol too

Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: The Serpent's Tinkering...   The Serpent's Tinkering... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2012, 23:11

Aww... typo.

Actually I have buttons as separate pictures, named/saved just as originals, for Your simplicity. I just tested it with site saved on my PC and did screenshot.

I also must know if You can change menu order/buttons. If You can't move and remove them, then I need to rework some of them.

And one final thing - do You have emoticons and text options (like bold, add images etc) on site? If so I can later work on latter...
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Serpent's Tinkering...   The Serpent's Tinkering... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07 2012, 17:24

Lookin' very nice you guys!

Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: The Serpent's Tinkering...   The Serpent's Tinkering... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07 2012, 18:19

Sky, If You can - plug graphics I made. Don't know how long would make adjustments (I have some "me stuff") but it would look slightly better than mix we have now...
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: The Serpent's Tinkering...   The Serpent's Tinkering... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07 2012, 18:46

I just wanna say i really like new buttons )) Far better then previous.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Serpent's Tinkering...   The Serpent's Tinkering... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Serpent's Tinkering...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

HIGH COMMORRAGH

:: Suggestions, Feedback & Bugs
-
Jump to: