THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Incubi - Spin off clan

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Levitas
Kabalite Warrior
Levitas

Incubi  - Spin off clan Empty
PostSubject: Incubi - Spin off clan   Incubi  - Spin off clan I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28 2012, 21:56

I've converted up some Incubi, as i'm not crazy about the new ones and had bits around to convert. I used the popular warrior body, helion glaive and reaver blank helm build. I've seen a few other DC users do the same.

So, thought it might be cool to come up with some fluff instead of just calling them Incubi. Maybe they are a spin off renegade clan? Another type of dark aspect warrior?

What do you guys think? Any ideas for a name and fluff?

Dark Eldar 2k, Space Wolves 3k, Raven Guard 3k
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Incubi - Spin off clan   Incubi  - Spin off clan I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29 2012, 15:43

I have been thinking about incubi-like code of honor after reading a bit of Path of Renegade. Had an idea of my kabalite Dracon being the last survivor of an incubi shrine after some wars between kabals, and simply taking up the rifle once more and going mercenary, then slowly building a raider warband through successful contracts and rumours. The warband would embrace the incubi idea of being perfectly focused on the art of killing and taking up something very much akin the incubi code of honor. However, as one requires to take up the incubi suit through besting one in single combat, the warband would be forced to stay as they are, unable to progress further into a new shrine.

The reason for such thinking was because I use Kabalite warriors for holding objectives, so I figured they had to be a disciplined bunch that could hold the line, rather than shrieking madmen. What better way to have discipline than to practice the incubi ways of being as efficient as possible?

Your guys could be something similar. Perhaps the followers of an incubi master that fell from grace and was taken out in a very inglorious manner, maybe whose remains were later collected and taken to a haemonculus for revival, because the incubi master's apprentices desired to learn more of his secrets? Would at the same time give the reborn master a motivation in the form of revenge.

Levitas
Kabalite Warrior
Levitas

PostSubject: Re: Incubi - Spin off clan   Incubi  - Spin off clan I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29 2012, 17:43

Siticus the Ancient wrote:
I have been thinking about incubi-like code of honor after reading a bit of Path of Renegade. Had an idea of my kabalite Dracon being the last survivor of an incubi shrine after some wars between kabals, and simply taking up the rifle once more and going mercenary, then slowly building a raider warband through successful contracts and rumours. The warband would embrace the incubi idea of being perfectly focused on the art of killing and taking up something very much akin the incubi code of honor. However, as one requires to take up the incubi suit through besting one in single combat, the warband would be forced to stay as they are, unable to progress further into a new shrine.

The reason for such thinking was because I use Kabalite warriors for holding objectives, so I figured they had to be a disciplined bunch that could hold the line, rather than shrieking madmen. What better way to have discipline than to practice the incubi ways of being as efficient as possible?

Your guys could be something similar. Perhaps the followers of an incubi master that fell from grace and was taken out in a very inglorious manner, maybe whose remains were later collected and taken to a haemonculus for revival, because the incubi master's apprentices desired to learn more of his secrets? Would at the same time give the reborn master a motivation in the form of revenge.

I like both concepts. Comparing to Morrs tale in Path of the Renegade you can see how both would work.

Further ideas could be that they are from a forgotten Phoenix lord, or one lost and they seek him out?

Maybe they are craftworld aspects that have fallen off the path, renegades and mercenaries.

Dark Eldar 2k, Space Wolves 3k, Raven Guard 3k
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Incubi - Spin off clan   Incubi  - Spin off clan I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Incubi - Spin off clan
Page 1 of 1