THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Into the Mad Doks office for some fixing.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Marquis Vaulkhere
Kabalite Warrior
Marquis Vaulkhere

Into the Mad Doks office for some fixing. Empty
PostSubject: Into the Mad Doks office for some fixing.   Into the Mad Doks office for some fixing. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2012, 07:55

So in a bygone era I was a Ork player but the group I played with was heavy into tanks and kicking my green butt so no more Orks. New group new army's... perhaps Orks; How can I make a list that can be competitive, Themed & using what I have.

I have:
Forge World war-boss on bike
On foot war-boss
big mek with Kustom force feild.
8 nobs
10 bikes
60 boys
30 ard shoota boys
10 storm boys with zagstrukk
6 deff koppters
three looted wagons.
stompa.

I think the army is leaning for fast based on what models I have available.
Are there any ork players here who know how to play this aging army?

WAAAAAAAGH

Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Into the Mad Doks office for some fixing.   Into the Mad Doks office for some fixing. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2012, 17:33

Orks are my second prime competitive army. Currently I'm running Battlewagon heavy, but I see a couple of possibilities for your list already.

The primary thoughts I have are these;

1. You don't have enough Boyz to foot slog.
2. You don't have any good transports.

So...ouch!

Here are my suggestions;

First off, what are those Looted Wagons? There is no official Looted Wagon model, so clearly you kitbashed them out of something. Are they big/small? Could they 'count as' something other than Looted Wagons? (the answer is - yes, they can - it's just a question of what they can count as)

Second off - why'd you list the Stompa? That's an Apoc unit by any stretch...are we allowed to use Apoc units/formations to build your list, or not? Is the Stompa listed because it can 'count as' something else?

Third off - you're kind of heavy on the FA slots, which will be tough to make a larger army with since Orks are silly affordable and you have next to nothing to put in Heavy or Elite slots.

--------------

Once those questions are answered we should have a pretty tight idea of what we can field. My basic advice is something along these lines;

Looted Wagons can count as Battle Wagons

This is easy;
Take 3 Battlewagons.
Load them up with Boyz (I prefer shoota boyz...oh, hey, look, you can do 20 shoota boyz in a wagon!)
Put the KFF Mech in with one of the Mobz.

You now have a very solid core for your army - 60 boyz, AV 14 vehicles, with a 4+ cover save. Truck forward and dump boyz onto any and all threats you can.

Deff Rollas are ace vs. vehicles.

You can supplement the army with deff koptas and bikes.
You can opt to footslog the 30 man shoota mob as ultimate base defense and load the last battlewagon with more choppas or add a Warboss and put in the Nobz and him.

Looted Wagons can count as Trukks

This will be a more fragile force.

Three trukks full of boyz (personally I say 'pfft' to the KFF when it comes to Trukks - why bother?)
Nobz in a Trukk is...okay, but recognize they will have a giant target on their backs (Biker boss will help make target smaller).
Biker boss and Zagstruck are probably the play here for HQs.
If your bikes can 'count as' Nob bikers do it - ignore people who call it cheesy, they are morons who still think we're playing 4th edition/early 5th. Biker Nobz are, at best, okay.
If they can't - just run them as regular bikes and use them as a Dakka platform with the ability to assault (Biker Boss can break off to assault and crack open vehicles)

Deffkopta support is still good for this list.
Big 30 man footslogging mob is also still good, as they can hold multiple near to deployment zone objectives and be tough to kill off as they'll likely always have a cover save.
Zag and his boyz do what they do - they're a very simple unit.

Hope some of that helps.

Back to top Go down
Marquis Vaulkhere
Kabalite Warrior
Marquis Vaulkhere

PostSubject: Re: Into the Mad Doks office for some fixing.   Into the Mad Doks office for some fixing. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02 2012, 00:50

Wow Thor that I was not expecting anything so concise so thank you.

Sorry; I forgot to list my 6 trukks- my bad,

To answer your questions.

I have one leman russ, one mini stompa like leman russ and a devil fish with wheels. The russ is most like a boom gun veriant. The devilfish is like a transport and the mini-stompa could be a battle wagon.

I listed the stompa because its a stompa & I was just trying to list everything regardless.

The reason I have these models is because I like fast guys ... like dark eldar.

Marquis Vaulkhere
Kabalite Warrior
Marquis Vaulkhere

PostSubject: Re: Into the Mad Doks office for some fixing.   Into the Mad Doks office for some fixing. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2012, 01:27

At the moment I am thinking that a lot of my orks have a speed freak vibe and I really cant spend any money on them so instead of bad-moons like I has planned the orks I have now can be made speed freaks {for fun and potential later sale} so this is what I was thinking.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wazdakkas Wild Ride. 1498

HQ- Wazdakka Gutsmek- 180

Elites- 4 Nobs-250
4 Nobs w/PK's & eavy armour and one with a Waaagh Banner
Trukk with rokkit launcha, red paint & grot riggers

Elites- 6 Tank Bustas- 100
two bomb squigs

Troops- 12 Trukka Boyz- 157
1 Nob w/ PK & Bosspoll leading 11 boys.
Trukk with rokkit launcha & red

Troops- 6 warbikkers-150

Fast- 3 Deffkoptas- 135
Twin-linked Rokkit Launchas

Heavy- Looted wagon- 55
Red paint job, reiforced ram & wrecking ball
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I build the list with anti tank in mind as that was the reason I stopped playing the army in the first place. I play against less tanks now {save one IG player} so I figured a few Power Klaws and some tank bustas would work... as well as 14 rokkit launchas.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Into the Mad Doks office for some fixing.   Into the Mad Doks office for some fixing. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Into the Mad Doks office for some fixing.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DISCUSSION

:: Warhammer 40,000 Discussion
-
Jump to: