THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1250 Baron/Hellion list...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
scscofield
Slave

1250 Baron/Hellion list... Empty
PostSubject: 1250 Baron/Hellion list...   1250 Baron/Hellion list... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2012, 23:13

HQ
Baron Sathonyx
Haemonculus w/ Liquifer

Troop
3x Wracks
Venom w/ Splinter Cannon

15 x Hellions

5x Kablite w/ blaster
Venom w/ Splinter Cannon

5x Kablite w/ blaster
Venom w/ Splinter Cannon

Elite
5x Trueborn w/ 4 Blasters
Venom w/ Splinter Cannon

5x Trueborn w/ 4 Blasters
Venom w/ Splinter Cannon

Heavy Support
Ravager
Ravager

So this is a 1250 list, how good/horrible is it?
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: 1250 Baron/Hellion list...   1250 Baron/Hellion list... I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07 2012, 00:24

I would personally drop 2 hellions to get a helliarch with agoiniser but otherwise i like the list as is

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
scscofield
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1250 Baron/Hellion list...   1250 Baron/Hellion list... I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07 2012, 01:31

Cool, I really like the whole Baron/ Hellion concept but wasn't sure if it was going to work at this low of points. The double cannons on the Venoms are ok? I play Space Wolves usually and I keep thinking how doubling weapons on a land speeder is bad.
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: 1250 Baron/Hellion list...   1250 Baron/Hellion list... I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07 2012, 02:02

Not bad, I would suggest dropping two trueborn and a blaster from each of those squads, snagging a heliarch with agonizer for your hellions and giving your ravagers FF.

Hellions don't want to get tarpitted in combat like wyches, with their hit and run you can make a getaway into cover each turn, but you want to do as much damage as you can when they first hit

Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: 1250 Baron/Hellion list...   1250 Baron/Hellion list... I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07 2012, 02:17

scscofield wrote:
Cool, I really like the whole Baron/ Hellion concept but wasn't sure if it was going to work at this low of points. The double cannons on the Venoms are ok? I play Space Wolves usually and I keep thinking how doubling weapons on a land speeder is bad.
Double cannons are pretty much a no-brainer for Venoms. With them being defensive weapons, you can fire both when moving 12" (fast vehicle), whereas a Speeder can only fire one when moving 12" (unless you're firing a frag missile as your second shot).
I still haven't played with the Baron yet(Hellions aren't painted all the way yet), but it seems that he might be a bit hit or miss in lower point games, but he should certainly be a lot of fun to play! Twisted Evil

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
scscofield
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1250 Baron/Hellion list...   1250 Baron/Hellion list... I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07 2012, 02:20

Wasn't sure if they were considered defensive weapons or not, that rocks. The Ravagers say they can fire all their weapons when they have moved at cruising speed. As a fast skimmer that is 18 inchs? Does this mean they can move fire and still get the cover save? Or am I reading this wrong.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: 1250 Baron/Hellion list...   1250 Baron/Hellion list... I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07 2012, 02:26

move 12" and fire everything on the Ravs

and yeah just noticed the 5th tb in each unit. drop him for FF on the ravs

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
scscofield
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1250 Baron/Hellion list...   1250 Baron/Hellion list... I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07 2012, 02:45

So revised list is as follows:

HQ
Baron Sathonyx
Haemonculus w/ Liquifer

Troop
3x Wracks
Venom w/ Splinter Cannon

11x Hellions + 1x Helliarch w/ Agoniser

5x Kablite w/ blaster
Venom w/ Splinter Cannon

5x Kablite w/ blaster
Venom w/ Splinter Cannon

Elite
3x Trueborn w/ 3 Blasters
Venom w/ Splinter Cannon

3x Trueborn w/ 3 Blasters
Venom w/ Splinter Cannon

Heavy Support
Ravager w/ Flickerfield
Ravager w/ Flickerfield

1249 pts total.

From here I am assuming for the next tiers of points I would want to add another Ravager, increase the Blasterborn back to 4 each and then......
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: 1250 Baron/Hellion list...   1250 Baron/Hellion list... I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07 2012, 07:24

Its ok list, thou im not agree with agoniser, just more bodies is better.

They will have Furious Charge fast( from the start actually, since you took Haemy) and at that point aggie is not better then simple Power Weapon against marines, same S4 PW but cost less.
Personally i dont think its even worth it, 35 pts for 1 wound without save. Helions are not Wyches, they dont rely on agoniser to stay in combat and not lose to combat resolution. And you're gonna need as much wounds as possible to remain at fighting strenght with Helions, since they dont have tranport like Wyches.

List is Synergetic, i like it - and it can be used to expand on that base without changing much choices.
Even with moderate Lance rolls your Helions will pose Threat to enemy Vehicles with mass S5/S6 atacks, since immobilized or vehicles that didnt move are hit in CC autamtically, your venoms can fire their cannons all the game since Helions can hit'n'run to allow that even if they are in combat, solid scoring for that points, its ok list.

It will be up to you to use it properly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1250 Baron/Hellion list...   1250 Baron/Hellion list... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1250 Baron/Hellion list...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: