THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar - Attacks from Webway Portals and Vehicles

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sigil
Slave
Sigil

Dark Eldar - Attacks from Webway Portals and Vehicles Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar - Attacks from Webway Portals and Vehicles   Dark Eldar - Attacks from Webway Portals and Vehicles I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2012, 14:27

Hi all,

Looking for some help in relation to locating some DE fluff research for a project I'm doing.

Basically, I'm looking for documented fluff that details how DE move their forces (and in particular vehicles) out of the web into real space when they are doing mass raids.

Knowing that the current rules state that the portable webway portals that some characters can have specifically DO NOT allow vehicles to enter, I am wondering:

1) Are DE forced to use existing webway portals to move their vehicles into real space and then to wherever they are attacking, or are they able to create - with enough time and resources- vehicle sized portal exits into real space of their own choosing that would allow them to enter wherever they want?

2) if they have to use existing webway portals, do DE portals 'look' much different to craft world versions? When webway portals are modeled on the table top, they look very 'wraithboney'

Really, what I'm wanting to know is if the following scenario is viable: a dark eldar force want to attack a particular target directly via the webway, including vehicles. Can DE do this even if there is no previously created 'Old One' created webway portal at the location?

Hope this is clear. I'd be really greatfull for any 'official' fluff that backs is idea up.

Thanks,

Sigil

The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar - Attacks from Webway Portals and Vehicles   Dark Eldar - Attacks from Webway Portals and Vehicles I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2012, 15:20

My first thought would be yes, the WWP's that archons and Haemonculus carry are simply the man-portable versions of much larger ones that can allow vehicles to pass through, I'd have thought that if vehicles are required, they'd send a small force through to secure a site long enough to set up a larger version. Not sure if there is any official fluff for that reasoning though, I know there was an example in a black library book where DE snuck in and kidnapped a load of space marines, and the deathwatch novels included an example of dark eldar raiding a craftworld.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar - Attacks from Webway Portals and Vehicles   Dark Eldar - Attacks from Webway Portals and Vehicles I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2012, 17:31

The BL novel 'Path of the Renegade' shows you in great detail how real space raids take place - moving fleets of ships about via WWP... and its a good read as well!

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar - Attacks from Webway Portals and Vehicles   Dark Eldar - Attacks from Webway Portals and Vehicles I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2012, 17:34

DE most likely use current webway portals for movement of their vehicles and what not, as well as convential ships for raids. Also I doubt they would look any different, as they are essentially the same thing. As for making webway portals, I dont see why a Kabal that wants to consistantly raid a planet wouldnt build a webway portal so they can constantly come back to there, but considering most of their raids are one shot deals, I think they would just use an existing portal, or bring their vehicles through other means. I mean, there has to be someone on the planet to open the temporary portal to begin with Very Happy

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar - Attacks from Webway Portals and Vehicles   Dark Eldar - Attacks from Webway Portals and Vehicles I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2012, 22:55

I'd probably say that they can only use pre-existing portals for large scale fleets full of main battleships and such, while being able to create smaller invasion scale portals anywhere else. Most likely the main battleships would be projecting those portal entrances in, say, low orbit and such for the Raiders, Ravagers, Razorwings etc swoop in and begin the carnage.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar - Attacks from Webway Portals and Vehicles   Dark Eldar - Attacks from Webway Portals and Vehicles I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar - Attacks from Webway Portals and Vehicles
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Background
-
Jump to: