THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500pts Tournament

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kesharq
Kabalite Warrior
Kesharq

1500pts Tournament Empty
PostSubject: 1500pts Tournament   1500pts Tournament I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2012, 07:26

In may I am going to a Tounament and I need some Feedback on my Armylist.

Duke Sliscus
Haem (VB, WWP)

4 TB (3 Blaster, HWG), Venom (Dual SC)

9 Warriors, Raider (NS, FF, splinter racks, disintegrator) <- Sliscus in here
5 Warriors (Blaster), Venom (dual SC)
4 Wracks, Venom (Dual SC) <- Haem in here

6 RJB (2 Heatlance)
2 Beastmaster (3 Khymeras, 2 Razorwing flocks)
2 Beastmaster (3 Khymeras, 2 Razorwing flocks)

Ravager (FF)
Ravager (FF)

Total : 1498

Missions:
1.) conquer up to 5 markers + Killpoints
-> normal game
2.) 5 markers must be destroyed in CC. Markers have Armour of 10 and are destroyed on 3+ with full hits and 4+ on glancing. + Killpoints. Units to attack those markers might not come from reserve the round they attack.
-> Thats what the HWG on my TB are for. And my 2 squads of beast masters
3.) holding Quarters + Killpoints. Night fight on the first turn
-> normal game. Night fight is a plus in this mission
4.) get into the deployment zone of your opponent with as many units a possible. +Killpoints
-> quite easy with my fast vehicles

Mission No. 2 sounds like a "anti-DE"-Mission. How the Hell should I kill those markers in CC? Combat drugs with S+1?
Perhaps I shouldn't take Sliscus but a Succubus + Wyches instead in the Raider?

Any Ideas?

Hellion
Farmer

1500pts Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Tournament   1500pts Tournament I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2012, 14:48

Not bad.

I would honestly ditch the RJB squad and the 10 man warrior squad and give Duke a unit of Trueborn with shardcarbines instead. This will make full use of the Dukes ablity imo.
Back to top Go down
Kesharq
Kabalite Warrior
Kesharq

1500pts Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Tournament   1500pts Tournament I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2012, 21:59

Farmer wrote:
Not bad.

I would honestly ditch the RJB squad and the 10 man warrior squad and give Duke a unit of Trueborn with shardcarbines instead. This will make full use of the Dukes ablity imo.

Seems like I have to drop the Duke and his Warriors to get a Squad of wyches + Succubus. They changed the parameters of Mission No. 2 (just Troop choices are now allowed to kill those markers...).

I will post a redone list tomorrow.

Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

1500pts Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Tournament   1500pts Tournament I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2012, 22:57

Maybe the baron and some hellions? Unless you can get FC they're the highest strength troops choices i think.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Kesharq
Kabalite Warrior
Kesharq

1500pts Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Tournament   1500pts Tournament I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2012, 07:20

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
Maybe the baron and some hellions? Unless you can get FC they're the highest strength troops choices i think.

Thought about Hellions too. But it's just two facts that keep me from fielding such a list:

1. I do not want to field the same list that any other DE-Player on that Tourney is fielding
2. I do not own any Hellions (and if I buy some, I won't be able to paint them)

Here is a new try on my army list:

Duke Sliscus
Haem (WWP)

4 TB (2 DL)

9 Warriors, Raider (splinter racks, FF, disintegrator)
3 Wracks, Venom (dual SC)
5 Wyches (HWG), Venom (dual SC)

6 RJB (2 Heatlance)
2 Beastmaster (3 Khymeras, 1 Razorflock wing)

Ravager (FF)
Ravager (FF)

Total: 1500

Mission No. 2 has the following rules:
-> 5 markers (Set up: 72 inch tables, deployment zone 6 inch, markers in the middle, distance: 15 inch)
-> markers have AV 10
-> destroyed on pen 3+, glancing 4+
-> can just be destroyed in CC
-> just troop choices (+ IC that joined a troop choice) are allowed to attack

Now the good part: You have to destroy at least 2 more markers than your opponent to win. And Killpoints will also count for that mission.

My strategy in that mission: Kill at least 1 marker with the wyches (so he needs at least 3 markers to win) and shield them with my transports (perhaps I am able to kill another marker to get a draw), concentrate on killing his Transports and troop choices.

I thought about loosing Sliscus and getting a Succubus + more Wyches with HWG - but I think with that list I will be able to get a draw most of the time. And that's fine with me.

Last edited by Kesharq on Mon Apr 16 2012, 13:58; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot the Blasters on the Warriors)
Back to top Go down
Lord Clazaryn
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Clazaryn

1500pts Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Tournament   1500pts Tournament I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2012, 08:41

Well I think your list is practically perfect for those missions though those killpoints will be a problem as they always are with venom spam. It sounds to me that the organisers have forgotten just how potent HWG will be against those markers because if those Wyches even touch a marker its practically dead. Therefore I would drop the jetbikes and get another squad of those Wyches and you've practically got a secured draw and a good chance at victory. In fact if you got first turn you could deny him of his markers with the Wyches and snaffle yours with the beasts and if that works you've won, short of getting tabled if I've understood the mission. Possibly a bit light on with AT, I can only count 11 dark light and 2 heat lance (which I would be trading) and I think in this case a 3rd Ravager would be far superior to sniperborn if you have one. Other than that I would be submitting that strait away!

Kesharq
Kabalite Warrior
Kesharq

1500pts Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Tournament   1500pts Tournament I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2012, 13:57

Lord Clazaryn wrote:
Well I think your list is practically perfect for those missions though those killpoints will be a problem as they always are with venom spam. It sounds to me that the organisers have forgotten just how potent HWG will be against those markers because if those Wyches even touch a marker its practically dead. Therefore I would drop the jetbikes and get another squad of those Wyches and you've practically got a secured draw and a good chance at victory. In fact if you got first turn you could deny him of his markers with the Wyches and snaffle yours with the beasts and if that works you've won, short of getting tabled if I've understood the mission. Possibly a bit light on with AT, I can only count 11 dark light and 2 heat lance (which I would be trading) and I think in this case a 3rd Ravager would be far superior to sniperborn if you have one. Other than that I would be submitting that strait away!

I have to do it the other way around: kill it with wyches and harass his units with my beasts - Beastmasters are no troop choice - hence they can not touch those markers.

I do not have any more Venoms or Raiders right now - otherwise i would really drop the RJB and get another Unit of Wyches

Kill points are just for adjusting the score (f.ex. minor victory 10:7 points - killpoint might bring it to a draw if he gets 6 kp more than I get) - and I do not plan to get tabled Very Happy

Kabalite Warrior
Lord Clazaryn

1500pts Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Tournament   1500pts Tournament I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2012, 01:49

Oh, okay yes sorry I forgot about the troop rule... Shame you don't have any more Wyches because those would be invaluable. Oh and no one ever does plan to get tabled! Good luck with it, I'm sure you will reap a good reward of slaves. Laughing

Kesharq
Kabalite Warrior
Kesharq

1500pts Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Tournament   1500pts Tournament I_icon_minitimeSat May 05 2012, 21:03

finished the tournament Covenant of Destruction as 7th out of 18 with this list:

Duke Sliscus
Haem (WWP)

4 TB (2 DL)

9 Warriors, Raider (splinter racks, FF, disintegrator)
3 Wracks, Venom (dual SC)
5 Wyches (HWG), Venom (dual SC)

6 RJB (2 Heatlance)

Ravager (FF)
Ravager (FF)

Total: 1500

Mission 1: Conquer Objectives
other player had a Blood Angel Mech Army (2 Cybots, 2 Predators (Autocannon, 2 LC), Baal with Flamer + Baal with storm cannon, 3 Razorbacks w/ 5 Marines, Vindicator)
it was a close game. He won 1:0 markers (with 4 markers contested) and nearly killed my whole army. I immobilized or killed his Razorbacks, Vindicator and Baal preds
Rating

Mission 2: Kill 5 Missionmarkers (AV 10), the more the better
again Blood Angels, this time a complete different army: Sanguinor (?!?), 2 Priests, 3x 10 Assaultmarines with jetpack, 2 Predators (AC, 2 LC), Landspeeder with Rocket launcher + Heavy Bolter.
I killed 2 Markers, he managed three. A draw actually (you need to kill 2 more than your opponent to win)
Minor victory to him because he managed to get more KP

Mission 3: occupying Quarters
Space Marines again, this time a Vanilla-List: Land Raider w/ Termi-Deathstar and Kor-sarro Khan, 3x Razorbacks (2x Lascannon, 1x Stormcannon) with 5 SM, 2 Landspeeder Storm, 2x 5 Scouts w/ Bolter-Melter and Meltabombs).
He surprised my as he run his Landspeeders (transporting the Scouts - never knew this was possible) right into my Army, flaming my Jetbikes and sniperborn to hell. In the end, I won the game due to holding 1 quarter and contesting 2 others

Mission 4: run to the other side (get as many units as possible in the enemy deployment zone as possible at the end of the game)
and...Space Puppies this time (seems there were just superhumans fit enough to battle my Kabal. And there were Orcs, Eldar, Imperial Guard, Tau, Tyranids and Grey Knights present). He had 2 Rhinos with 7 SM, Runepriest, Wolflord of Puppy and 5 Fenriswolves, 2x 4 Devastators, 5 Scouts + Wolfguard, Cybot with 2 tl autocannons, Razorback w/ 5 SW). I got 5 of my units into his deployment zone by turn 6, he managed zero - big victory for me, Highlight: splintering his Wolflord and his Fenrisian Wolfpack into oblivion in 2 turns of shooting.

Again, killing Armour was the hardest part in all 4 games. I just rolled 2 sixes on the vehicle damage table the whole tournament. And my Blasters really LOVE to miss when shooting at Infantery.

1500pts Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Tournament   1500pts Tournament I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500pts Tournament
Page 1 of 1