THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

vs Sisters of Battle

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kurdush
Hellion

vs Sisters of Battle Empty
PostSubject: vs Sisters of Battle   vs Sisters of Battle I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12 2012, 09:42

Greetings!

Please share your thoughts when it comes to playing against Sisters of Battle. hat would you focus on first? A lot comes down to scenario, first turn etc, but in general, what would you consider the greatest threats and so on and so forth...? I usually focus all my attention to the excorsists, but thats mainly because I'm used to them thrashing my death guard army... are they still the most severe threat when I'm playing DE? The priest and her cc-unit I try to stay clear of as long as possible and poison to death from afar, as it annihilates everything in cc. If I can shoot at their rhino, I try to, to get them out in the open and to slow them down slightly.

My opponent fields this
Rather large cc unit with priest, assassins, crusaders and flagellants, in a rhino
2 units of sisters with melta/flamer, in a rhino each
2 excorcists
a retributor (i think they are called, the devastator equivalent) squad w heavy bolters
a seraphim squad w flamers
a seraphim squad w melta pistols
a repentia squad
a dominion squad w meltas in an immolator, usually kept in reserve for flanking

I field this, more or less
Archon w agoniser, together with four incubi, in a venom
Haemonculi w liquifier gun together with nine wracks w a liquifier gun, in a raider
10 warriors w blaster,in a raider
2 x 5 warriors w blaster,in a raider
5 scourges w two haywire blasters
Talos w haywire blaster
Ravager w three lances
Ravager w three disintegrators
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: vs Sisters of Battle   vs Sisters of Battle I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12 2012, 14:56

T1 shoot Exorcists

T2... are those Exorcists dead yet??? If yes then start with closest tank and kill

T3... Shoot remaining tanks, and then shoot closest squad with meltas... btw are you sure he doesnt have another Exorcist lying around???

Basically with SoB if he isnt taking 3 Exorcists, then he isnt playing SoB. Blow them up and you should have no problem, then start with the fastest moving thing (most likely tanks) and kill it. Tie up anything in close combat (they crumple easy with only being T3) and do what DE do best, kill.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Fatuous
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: vs Sisters of Battle   vs Sisters of Battle I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12 2012, 16:26

I'd kill the retributers first. The rof is nasty for paper planes. And give a pain token. But yeah exorcists must be suppressed asap too. I wouldn't focus on destroying them if u can get a glance thru but the heavy bolters will keep firing so have to go. Them immobilise transports, isolate units and clean up.
Back to top Go down
Kurdush
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: vs Sisters of Battle   vs Sisters of Battle I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13 2012, 07:33

No battle plan survives contact with the enemy... but if the enemy doesn't survive contact with the dark kin, then what difference does it make?

Oddly enough, the excorsists and the confessor and her assassin unit were the only things alive from the SoB army after turn six. The excorsists were fully functional, but the confessor was trapped with her assassins in an immobilised rhino with raiders and wracks guarding the exits. I won the game holding three objectives, my opponent held zero objectives. I fired constantly at one of the exorcists but failed to do any damage what so ever. I may have stunned it once.

The sisters lost due to the tactical mistake of keeping the army in reserve, and two completely failed deep strike maneuvers with the seraphim (both units landed in dangerous terrain killing four out of ten, with one unit within assault range of the incubi and the other within rapid fire range of the ten strong warrior squad...), paired with truly appalling shooting (The excorsists managed to down the venom over six turns, thats it).
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: vs Sisters of Battle   vs Sisters of Battle I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13 2012, 20:57

Start with the exorcists and then move on to the repentia, as they are the second biggest threat to your vehicles. while you're directing your AI at the repentia, use your AT to pop the rest of their mech and you should be able to finish off the sisters easily. They are overpriced, underpowered space marines

PostSubject: Re: vs Sisters of Battle   vs Sisters of Battle I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

vs Sisters of Battle
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: