THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500pts Revised DE for Tournament in 7 days

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Skari
Wych
Skari

1500pts Revised DE for Tournament in 7 days Empty
PostSubject: 1500pts Revised DE for Tournament in 7 days   1500pts Revised DE for Tournament in 7 days I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14 2012, 18:17

The tournament is next saturday the 21st.

So, a bit of back story. I moved up to a new town. In my old gaming area the games were played at 1850, this is the number for all the major tournament events that anyone would go to and was deemed quite "standard". Here, the point values vary from 1000-1700pts or so. It seems that 1500pts is the most common, and now that Astronomicon - Toronto is on the horizon people are gearing up to go to that event (at least a few that I have spoken to). Hence this tournament is 1500pts. I love the fact that it will be a 4 round tournament as I feel that you need at least 4 rounds to really get a good pool of winners for the top spots, this also allows for that one bad game and you can work your way back up. Anyhow, the original list that I was thinking about was this one: https://youtu.be/E2i2ICeEH6I I played this list out once against my brother and although I did rather well I missed my archon. It also bleeds a lot of kill points, I was humming and hawing on what to keep or remove untill I came up with this particular breed of the list:

Archon with goodies (agonizer shadow field, combat drugs, phantasm) - 145pts
Heamy with liquifier - 60pts

4 Incubi Venom as above - 153pts

8 Wyches as above in raider with aethersails - 211pts

5 Warriors in venom 125

5 warriors in raider with ff - 130pts

3 wracks in venom - 95pts

6 reaver jetbikes - 166pts

2 ravagers - 250 (night and flicker)

Razorwing dissies, cannon upgrade, ff

I then had another game with this list here: https://youtu.be/iN2rODS2QPM

Now if you have been following me so far, this last game showed me a few things about my list that (even tho the mission was stacked against me) stood out... so I hummed and hawed again, I took a better look at the models that I have available in my collection and came up with this list, I am 2 points under so I am wondering what I could tweak to get those last points used.

Archon, Shadow Field, Agonizer, Combat Drugs, Pistol, Phantasm Launcher - 145

5 Incubi in Raider with FF, trophies - 185

8 Wyches Hek with agon, HWG's Raider with FF, trophies - 201

8 Wyches Hek with agon, HWG's Raider with FF, trophies - 201

5 warriors blaster, venom dual cannon - 125

5 warriors blaster, venom dual cannon - 125

3 RJB HL - 78
3 RJB HL - 78
5 Scourge 2 Haywire Launchers - 130

Ravager 3 lances FF - 115

Ravager 3 lances FF - 115

1498pts total.

If you have gone through all the steps then you will have reached the end of this thread and I greatly appreciate it. Now, what do you think? I know the local meta is not known to be uber "competitive" but I think this list will fare well. I have a decent number of anti tank weapons as well as some good anti infantry, now I did loose the power of the razorwing but I think the scourge will make up for it (at least I hope) and they are cheaper. So we will see.

Thanks a lot for reading and your comments are greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
http://patreon.com/skaredcast
anch_io
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Revised DE for Tournament in 7 days   1500pts Revised DE for Tournament in 7 days I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25 2012, 12:07

I like the second one better.

That said, I don't like grisly thropies very much. Our planes usually go PUFF! after a few rounds of shooting, so I don't see a need for them. Sure, they are just 5 points, but if I had spare, I would much rather take a shock prow.

If you take them out you would have 15pts + 2pts surplus = 17pts. For that, I would take one more wych, and for 5pts, a shock prow on one of the raiders...

Or you could just take a blast pistol for Archon... I think it is more useful then those throphies... But you would still be left with those 2pts Smile
Back to top Go down
http://zaigrana-koza.com/
SleepyPillow
Kabalite Warrior
SleepyPillow

PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Revised DE for Tournament in 7 days   1500pts Revised DE for Tournament in 7 days I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25 2012, 12:22

anch_io wrote:
I would much rather take a shock prow.

Why would you, if "our planes usually go PUFF!"?

Trophies are really important for wyches squads, due to their ability to lose combat against serious stuff, while still staying alive with some.

Oh and just to mention, he made place 1# with list 2 afaik.

edit: ok wasn't list 2. But his posted list now was really close to it!

Last edited by SleepyPillow on Wed Apr 25 2012, 13:44; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Revised DE for Tournament in 7 days   1500pts Revised DE for Tournament in 7 days I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25 2012, 13:36

This weekend I went to a local tournament 4 rounds 1500pts and took this list:

Archon, Agon, SF, FGL, Drugs - 145

4 Incubi in Venom with dual cannon and trophies

2 x 9 Wyches in Raiders with FF and trophies, hek with agon and HWG's

5 warriors blaster in raider
5 warriors blaster in venom with dual cannon

2 x 3 RBJ units with a Heatlance
5 Scourge with 2 HW blasters

2 Ravagers with FF.

1500pts on the nose.

Now, how did the Kabal do? Well... lets see

Game 1 vs CSM

At the end of the game, he had a rhino and some guys in it left, he tapped out turn 4 before I tabled him. The mission was vp's with the General being worth double. His DP died pretty quickly.

Game 2 vs Tau

Very close game until turn 3 when I blew both HH up and assaulted the Broadsides with my wyches + archon. I was surprised that my army survived him stealing the initiative! I tabled him in 6.

Game 3 vs Space Marines
Mission was old school table quarters. I reserved everything because he had a shooty marine list. My army mostly arrived turn 3... and he tapped at the end of my turn 4 with 1 model left, he was rather disgusted that the DE wiped out his army in 2 turns. Then again, it was the sort of game where 4 incubi ran into 10 SM, 10/12 hits and 8/10 wounds... dead squad....

Game 4 vs GK

I had a rough 2 turns and then turned it arround turn 4, game ended on 6 (not random) and he had 3 models left hiding from the rest of my army.

All on all I did learn a few things:

- I stil love my DE to death.
- The grisly trophies were AMAZING! they prevented my units from being pinned after a tank explosion in almost every game... woth their weight in gold.
- I was happy that I was able to do so well without heamies... I had to work for my pain tokens but that was ok.

In the end I walked away with a nice Trophy for Best General and some prize money. I had a blast and cant wait till next time. Thanks for reading.

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Revised DE for Tournament in 7 days   1500pts Revised DE for Tournament in 7 days I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25 2012, 13:36

Game 1 CSM: General was between 2-3.

DP Wings, MoKorne

Dread, tl Autocannon
Dread double cc weapons

2 x 10 man CSM squad IoCG and Rhino with Havoc Launchers, double melta and I think combi melta PF on sarges.

2 x 3man Oblit units.

Game 2 TAU: General was a 4 easy.

Commander, 2 Bodyguards all with TL missile pods

3 Suits with TL plasmaguns

3 x 8 FW units

3 Tetras (each separate) if you dont know what these are, they are FW units, basically a 4 man pathfinder unit on a fast tank that hits on 3+. For less that 60pts each.

3 Broadsides, stabilization systems, target lock.
2 x HH railcannon, burst cannons and 4+ cover.

Game 3 Space Marines General was a 4.
Forgeworld commander (red scorpion) Had a lot of rules and a relic blade in termy armour.
6 Shooty termies with a cyclone and a chainfist.

2 10 Man tac squads with plasma cannons, flamers. One with a IA upgrade sargeant that makes the unit relentless, and has 2 wounds and a 2+ save (and a 4++)
2 Razorbacks, a las TL PG and a TL assault cannon

Land Speeder Typhoon

2 Autolas Preds
Vindicator

Game 4 Grey Knights 4 (has gone to astro a few times, so has experience)
Grand Master

3 x 6 Man strike squads in PsyBacks and a psycannon/hammer in each.

2 Stormravens with lascannons, hurricanes, multi meltas

2 Psyflemen Dreads

Probably my toughest match up was the GK.

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Revised DE for Tournament in 7 days   1500pts Revised DE for Tournament in 7 days I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500pts Revised DE for Tournament in 7 days
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: