THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Duke Sliscus and David Bowie

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Father Dagon
Hellion
Father Dagon

Duke Sliscus and David Bowie Empty
PostSubject: Duke Sliscus and David Bowie   Duke Sliscus and David Bowie I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2012, 07:23

I remember when I first cracked open our Codex and read about this Sliscus gentleman. He's daring. He's dashing. He cruises around in style. I smiled to myself, and some part of me said "David Bowie in space."

This seems to be a common association. If you google "Duke Sliscus David Bowie," you come up with a variety of hits that claim that David Bowie was the inspiration for the single most stylish character in our entire codex.

I'm just wondering, is there like an official explanation for that? Did someone from GW come forward and say "Yes, the Duke is, in fact, David Bowie reincarnated 38,000 years in the future"? Is there some sublime force in the text that simply causes people to make the association?

Anyway, he's my favourite character in the 'dex, and I hope we see a model soon. If he winds up with a red lightening mark on his face, then it seems the issue will be settled.

Maybe Iggy Pop will get an entry in the next Craftworld Codex...

Back to top Go down
Aroshamash
Sybarite
Aroshamash

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus and David Bowie   Duke Sliscus and David Bowie I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2012, 08:42

Because he's the Duke, Dark Eldar are thin and pale, and one of Bowie's many persona's was the Thin White Duke. Plus, I cannot imagine Sliscus having anything other than the Ziggy Stardust design tatooed on his face.

Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus and David Bowie   Duke Sliscus and David Bowie I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2012, 20:17

I thought of the Baron as being more like Billy Idol, or C.C DeVille from Poison, or any member of Motley Crue. As long as you can find strange looking people the Duke could suit them, or even on an odd day he could look like Jules Winnifield (Samuel L. Jackson's charecter in Pulp Fiction). afro

Duke Sliscus and David Bowie YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
CaptainBalroga
Sybarite
CaptainBalroga

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus and David Bowie   Duke Sliscus and David Bowie I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2012, 21:37

Do you have just one set of funky sequined ghostplate, Sliscus...or do you have several CH-CH-CH-CH-CHANGES?

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus and David Bowie   Duke Sliscus and David Bowie I_icon_minitimeThu May 10 2012, 15:10

I definitely see the Duke as either Algernon Moncrief (importance of being Earnest) and Oscar Wylde combined. He has a bit of the twisted poet about him. Also, he's amazing.

"Oh, these things? They're your sister's face."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Duke Sliscus and David Bowie   Duke Sliscus and David Bowie I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Duke Sliscus and David Bowie
Page 1 of 1