THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Wyches being charged by Blood Claws

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

Wyches being charged by Blood Claws Empty
PostSubject: Wyches being charged by Blood Claws   Wyches being charged by Blood Claws I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2012, 14:52

Just thought I'd check this, as I sort of under estimated the damage a Blood Claw charge could do, and I want to be prepared this time! If a wych squad led by a Hekatrix with a Phantasm Grenade Launcher is charged by Blood Claws, does that mean they lose both the bonus charge attacks granted to them by their berserk charge special rule? Similarly, if the wyches charge them, do they not get to use their counter attack rule?
Back to top Go down
lonewolf
Kabalite Warrior
lonewolf

PostSubject: Re: Wyches being charged by Blood Claws   Wyches being charged by Blood Claws I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2012, 16:35

Yes and Yes Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wyches being charged by Blood Claws   Wyches being charged by Blood Claws I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2012, 16:59

Defensive grenades to NOT counter the bonus attack granted from Counter Attack. Rulebook FAQ:

Q: If a unit with the Counter-attack special rule passes
its Leadership test, does it count as assaulting (and so
would gain the bonuses from special rules like Furious
Charge) and can defensive grenades be used against
them? (p74)
A: No to both questions.
Back to top Go down
lonewolf
Kabalite Warrior
lonewolf

PostSubject: Re: Wyches being charged by Blood Claws   Wyches being charged by Blood Claws I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2012, 17:57

lol another example of GW contradicting themselves again.
"...if the test is successful al models in the unit get the +1 assault bonus to their attack, EXACTLY AS IF THEY TOO HAD ASSAULTED THAT TURN."
Back to top Go down
Grumpy Kwi
Nightmare Doll on the Loose
Grumpy Kwi

PostSubject: Re: Wyches being charged by Blood Claws   Wyches being charged by Blood Claws I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2012, 19:43

Yah, GW used the reasoning that you if you use offensive grenades to strike at initiative that also using defensive grenades at the same time was just too much. Not that I like it but there an ounce of believability there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wyches being charged by Blood Claws   Wyches being charged by Blood Claws I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2012, 19:58

The reasoning was introduced with the Space Wolf codex (which also has a similar ruling), where the query came up as to whether you could use the bonuses from Furious Charge when Counter-Attacking. It was ruled that you get no other bonuses from Counter-Attack except for +1A, and this isn't negated by anything (to prevent the attackers from getting the bonus from both grenades, as above).

In short, the FAQ changed the rule in the BRB to simply: Counter-Attack gives you +1A if you are charged, providing you pass the test. Ignore anything else relating to "as if you were charging" and the like, as the FAQ have ruled that out of existence.
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: Wyches being charged by Blood Claws   Wyches being charged by Blood Claws I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18 2012, 11:45

Ok, thanks for that. I don't like the answer, but I do understand! We also decided last time that the Blood Claws got two bonus attacks if they were the ones being charged, which I now see was wrong!
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Wyches being charged by Blood Claws   Wyches being charged by Blood Claws I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18 2012, 12:17

I am amazed someone is using blood claws!
Back to top Go down
http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: Wyches being charged by Blood Claws   Wyches being charged by Blood Claws I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19 2012, 09:14

Yeah, my opponent said all the forums he read slated them, but he always finds they do better than his Grey Hunters. It's the sheer amount of attacks that a big squad gets that scares me, as he piles them out of a Land Raider - if I get charged by them, I'm probably going to lose the squad. It's what works for him and his style of play I suppose, though I do suspect he's having the sort of luck with them that I had with wyches when I first started using them, which made me think they were unstoppable and amazing. Time will tell in that respect I suppose!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wyches being charged by Blood Claws   Wyches being charged by Blood Claws I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wyches being charged by Blood Claws
Page 1 of 1