THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Commoragh: The App?

Go down 
5 posters

Would you like the forum available in android/iphone app form?
Sounds like a good idea
Commoragh: The App? Voteba1383%Commoragh: The App? Voteba15
 83% [ 10 ]
Don't have a smart phone
Commoragh: The App? Voteba138%Commoragh: The App? Voteba15
 8% [ 1 ]
Wouldn't use it at all
Commoragh: The App? Voteba138%Commoragh: The App? Voteba15
 8% [ 1 ]
Don't care in the least
Commoragh: The App? Voteba130%Commoragh: The App? Voteba15
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

Commoragh: The App? Empty
PostSubject: Commoragh: The App?   Commoragh: The App? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19 2012, 01:57

I was thinking about working on a android/iphone app that encompasses the entire forum. Hopefully it should be made so that moderators could easily update it as necessary. I'm willing to get the ball rolling on this, but I don't have any in depth coding skills, so I'll be using some of the free programs available for app creation, so if there is anyone who is competent in coding, and has some free time and would be willing to lend a hand...

Hellion
pingualoty

PostSubject: Re: Commoragh: The App?   Commoragh: The App? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19 2012, 02:54

Not sure there's much point when if you visit the site on an android phone and I guess iphones as well it has a mobile version of the site which is suited to touchscreens.

An app would not add any more features other than to take alot of time for someone to make it.
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: Commoragh: The App?   Commoragh: The App? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19 2012, 05:57

An app could make it much easier to transverse the dark city on smart phones, as well as notifying you when there's a reply to a thread you're interested in and making it easier to see and post replies to threads... just my 2 cents.

Kabalite Warrior
Lord Clazaryn

PostSubject: Re: Commoragh: The App?   Commoragh: The App? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19 2012, 09:30

Yes please! There is nothing I would want more than for this to happen. Currently every time I want to post something I have to take it back from the mobile version to the normal version, as I'm doing now, which is extremely hard to manage. An app would answer all my prayers and make me a very happy man indeed. Unfortunately I can't program but that doesn't withhold my eagerness for such an action.

TheDaR
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Commoragh: The App?   Commoragh: The App? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20 2012, 00:05

There already exists a nice way to get a mobile app version of a phpBB website called 'Tapatalk'.

http://www.tapatalk.com/

If you install it on phpBB (apparently about a 5 minute job), you can use the tapatalk app available for most smartphone/tablets. The read only version of the app is usually free, and the version that can post is a few bucks.

Personally, I like tapatalk better than using a regular desktop browser for reading boards that support it.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Commoragh: The App?   Commoragh: The App? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21 2012, 08:01

Would Tapatalk be suitable to those denizens who want an app?

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: Commoragh: The App?   Commoragh: The App? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21 2012, 08:25

Looks expensive... I've never used it. Is it a decent app?

PostSubject: Re: Commoragh: The App?   Commoragh: The App? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21 2012, 10:42

Pretty much the best app going for this kind of stuff Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Commoragh: The App?   Commoragh: The App? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Commoragh: The App?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

HIGH COMMORRAGH

:: Suggestions, Feedback & Bugs