THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar vs Necrons

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Loki
Slave

Dark Eldar vs Necrons Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar vs Necrons   Dark Eldar vs Necrons I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20 2012, 22:58

My first attempt at a battle report so bear with me. and here goes.
First off my Army (1850 pts)
Baron Sathontyx
19 hellions, Helliarch with agoniser
3 x 5 Warriors, blaster, Raider with Flickerfields
3 wracks
2 x 4 Trueborn, 4 balsters, venom with 2nd cannon
9 Reaver Jetbikes, 3 blasters
2 Ravagers, flicker fields
Void raven, flicker fields

Opponents Army
2 x Overlord, warsythe, command barge
2 crypteck, 1 veil, 1 Lance
2 crypteck, 1 Solar pulse, 2 lance
10 immortals, tesla
10 imortals gauss
2 x 5 warriors
10 scarabs
2 x 5 Wraiths, 2 coils, 2 casters
3 Annihilation Barges

As people at club are preparing for an upcoming tourney we rolled for one of the missions from that and we got the following dual missions.
Primary – kill points
Secondry – Seize ground, 3 objectives along centre line, 1 in centre of table other 2 6” from short board edges.
Deployment – Dawn of war.
Scoring works as follows, Primary is worth 8 points, secondary 4 points and another 12 points are available for difference in victory points.

Sorry no pictures so brief description of board.
One deployment zone has two LOS blocking building about 8” on with a 10” gap between them in the centre, the other side has some area terrain in centre of deployment and two LOS blocking buildings at either end of the deployment zone. LOS blocking area terrain in centre of board with a few scattered woods on either side along centre of table.

We roll of and I win electing to go first to try and prevent him getting to far across board with his short range weapons and allowing me to move the pain token from the wracks to the hellions with the baron. I choose the deployment zone with two building near the centre.

I rolled for my drugs and got a 6, Very Happy , who needs the Duke !

I set up 1 raider in middle of board behind terrain to push his deployment back and leave it at that. Everything else turns up first turn.

Opponent deploys 10 Gauss immortals in centre of his deployment zone with veil Crytek and lance Cryptek with pulse. 10 tesla immortals deploy on left flank in building/terrain.
He tries to steal and fails.

My Turn 1.
Both Venoms with True Born come on left of centre behind a building. Both ravagers next to them out of LOS of most of board. 3 raiders make a small box in centre of deployment zone with leading raider side on about 6” on, this was one that was initially deployed and had moved back going flat out. . Hellions and duke/wracks stand in the box for cover. Jet bikes and Void raven come on just right of centre behind building. I’m pretty bunched up but can go either full left or full right from here depending where he goes.

Op Turn 1.
His annihilation barges come on first equally, spread along his board edge. 2 x 5 warriors come in on right and start climbing a tall ruin/building, both have a cryptek with lance. Both units of wraiths come on my right and move past the tall building. Scarabs come on in centre and run into terrain. Both command barges come on flat out just left of centre so are near middle of board. He decides to use veil during his movement and drops the 10 gauss immortals just to the left of my force. Shooting comes around. He runs wraiths and scarabs. Immortals shoot at closest venom and wreck it, True Born bail out next to cover. (KP=0-1)

My turn 2. – Op uses Solar Flare
Already 1 Kp down and barges, scarabs and wraiths will be right in my face next turn.

Movement - Voidraven moves 12” to my far right board edge to make space. Reaver Jet Bikes go 12” forward and right trying to gauge 18” to closest wraith unit. The Surviving venom moves a small distance to get a shot at immortals that just popped the other venom along with a Ravager as this wont be able to see anything else. The True Born now on foot move a short distance into terrain also lining up a shot on the immortals. Second Ravager moves forward to take a shot at the lead command barge along with 3 raiders. Baron moves to join the hellions taking a pain token with him and he and the hellions wait in the centre for something to get close enough to charge.

Shooting. Both units of trueborn, Ravager and the venom shoot at the immortals only killing 6 despite them being in the open (4 get back up). Ravager, 3 raider and 2 blasters from mounted warriors shoot at the lead command barge, only glances get through and its stunned, which it promptly ignores on a 4+. Voidraven and Jetbikes shoot at wraiths, he makes a lot of saves so only 1 is instakilled by a blaster, Jetbikes move backwards in the assault phase. Oh dear, not even got the kill point back for the Importals. (KP = 0-1)

Op turn 2.
Both Barges over fly my lead Raider, It makes 5 flicker field saves Twisted Evil . Wraiths and scarabs advance straight forward again Scarabs are now in the centre of the board while both wraith units are almost in my deployment zone on far right. Annihilation barges advance 6” and centre one immobilise a raider and takes it weapon off as well.
The Gauss immortals which I failed to deal with move up and Cryptek uses a template weapon killing 3 of the dismounted True Born, the 4th one goes to ground and passes 8 cover saves from the gauss weapons after all hit and wound bounce . (KP = 0-1)

My Turn 3.
Movement – Both Ravagers move back to my board edge behind a building to left but can see both Command barges through terrain. Baron and hellions move to deal with the immortals I should have killed last turn. Venom moves forward 12” and 4 TB get out into cover to shoot at command barges. 2 undamaged raiders also move to shoot at the command barges. VR goes 36” back to centre of board but on top of a building so scarabs cant charge it, this keeps it out of reach of the two Wraith squads that are almost in my deployment zone. Reaver JB turbo into his deployment zone over flying a 5 man warrior squad killing 2 and the attached Cryptek, None get back up. Two mobile raiders move onto 2nd level ruins to get shots at the command barges while protecting them from the scarabs.

Shooting – 2 Ravagers, 4 TB with blasters and a raiders DL + on board blaster all fail to even glance the lead command barge. My last DL shot of the turn from the 2nd raider pen and pop the barge. The venom hits the disembarked lord with 12 shots Very Happy , wounds with only four Sad and he fails 3 and dies cheers , and then doesn’t get back up. cheers cheers

Assault – Baron Charges the immortals and they kill all but 2, they pass leadership.
(KP = 2-1)

Op turn 3
Both Wraith units move towards centre of my deployment hoping to charge a raider. Scarabs get stuck in terrain and hardly move. Remaining command barge just manages to overfly my VB and immobilises it which wrecks it due to flat out. All three annihilation barges move 6” forward and in shooting phase each blows up a raider, squad closest to the wraiths is pinned. The tesla immortals have done nothing but trudge forward finally get in range of something and thanks to 4 6s on the tesla shots wipe out the 4 man trueborn squad in cover.
In the combat phase the wraiths charge and kill the pinned 5 man warrior squad and the baron finishes off the immortals finally. (KP = 3 -7)

My Turn 4 – Not looking good but the baron can save me !
The scarabs and wraiths are the main threats now but they are quite badly bunched close to each other.
Movement -The baron Splits of from the squad and jumps towards the scarabs, The hellions jump towards the closest wraith squad and land about 2” away. The Ravagers and Venom move towards the command barge now on my left in my deployment zone. The Reaver jetbikes overfly the now 2 man warrior squad and kill it.

Shooting- The hellions shoot at the 4 man wraith squad and kill the 2 casters leaving the 2 whip coils. The Ravagers and 1 trueborn with blaster who is no longer pinned completely fail to do anything to the command barge so the venom has to shoot at the tesla immortals only killing 2 (both get back up).

Combat – The Hellions charge the 2 wraiths, multi charge the second wraith unit and the last three manage to also multi charge the scarabs meaning only three can attack the baron. The 3 wracks also charge the end wraith to make one massive combat. The none whip coiled hellions kill one of the 2 Wraiths from one unit and spread 3 more wounds on the second unit as well as killing a scarab base. The Scarabs and wraiths kill 7 hellions. So the duke vs 3 scarab bases left to roll for and Im one wound up. The duke hits 4 times and wounds 4 times and the opponent rolls saves all 4 insta killing wounds on a 5+ costing me 12 wounds worth of combat resolution Sad . The scarabs strike back and inflict 2 wounds. Baron rolls first save, a 1 !, second save a 1 !. So roll 2 dice for feel no pain, 2 1’s ! Shocked No . Dammit, I lose combat by 1 but pass leadership and stay in combat.
(KP- 4 - 8 )

Op Turn 4.
3 Annihilation barges and the tesla immortals shoot my 2 5 man units, both go to ground and lose 3 models each. Command barge overflies my 1 trueborn in cover (in the bottom level of a building Rolling Eyes ) and kills him.
Onto Combat – The wraiths and scarabs kill 5 hellions the hellions inflict about 4 wounds back. Both Hellions and wracks fail leadership and flee of the board. (KP = 4 -11)

I shook my opponents hand and called the game at this point as it was getting late and my wife had been expecting me back about 1 hour ago and it was only going to get worse from here.

Well that’s it, my first battle report so a bit unsure whether I’m including too much or too little info so apologies for the wall of text.

Anyway I will post up my thoughts on what I did wrong and right later.

Any constructive comments welcome.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

Dark Eldar vs Necrons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar vs Necrons   Dark Eldar vs Necrons I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21 2012, 07:08

Do not apologize for anything Loki, this is a great report, thank you for sharing it! Enough detail and colour to make it interesting and enable readers to understand what happened and why, and not too much of anything to make it boring or OTT.

The only thing you could have done to improve it is photos, but they would just be a bonus and are not necessarily needed.

Job's a good 'un!

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar vs Necrons
Page 1 of 1