THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Anyone used implosion missiles?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The New AIDS
Hellion

Anyone used implosion missiles? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone used implosion missiles?   Anyone used implosion missiles? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22 2012, 09:01

so I'm going to be playing an Eldar and Dark Eldar combined force in an apocalypse game pretty soon, and I'll be taking a voidraven as it can have more fire power adhered to it than basically any other Dark Eldar vehicle.

So, I'm just wondering, has anyone used implosion missiles? They seem useful for killing terminators/grotesques/Tyranid warriors/misc. heavily armoured peeps and I'm want to know if they're actually that useful.

Any input welcome.

And yes, Eldrad will be fortuning vehicles will Flicker fields. He can do that.
Back to top Go down
Lord Clazaryn
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Clazaryn

PostSubject: Re: Anyone used implosion missiles?   Anyone used implosion missiles? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2012, 11:54

There are several problems with implosion missiles. One, the only place you can take them is on the Voidraven which most people don't like. Two, they are only small blast so they will scatter off your target easily and won't hit that many in the first place. The things that you should be firing these at generally come in small blobs, maybe five, so if you scatter its a waste. Third, you can still take cover, which in this edition is mostly 4+, so half will survive. Fourth, how many multiple wound guys that aren't HQs do you really see? That would be these guys main strength but most of those things you could instant death with lances. Fifth, they cost 30 points each! A voidraven kitted with these will cost you 265 points, more than a Land Raider with armour 11. People will just laugh at that... Sixth, a Ravager with 3 disintegrators would do better for less and honestly a bunch if venoms will be even more useful!
So now you've seen some of the downsides, can you see why people don't take them. Really if you like that sort of stuff a hexrifle would do you much better as its the same thing without the blast but you can't take any saves. Do yourself a favour and don't take implosion missiles...

The New AIDS
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Anyone used implosion missiles?   Anyone used implosion missiles? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2012, 14:14

Yeah, looking through my list I actually had to drop it because I felt two archons, eldrad, Vect, and a couple of succubi wasn't enough models for a cc squad. So I dropped the voidraven for more special characters.

I just wanted to take it because 1: It's apoc, so nobody cares apart from taking ridiculous nonsense, and 2: I wanted to see if they work. I for some reason hadn't realised they were small blast. Eugh.

"Oh, these things? They're your sister's face."
Back to top Go down
Gw2lag
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Anyone used implosion missiles?   Anyone used implosion missiles? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2012, 14:20

As it happens I got to see a friend use them yesterday, and frankly they sucked. At a 120 points for all the missiles, he could have used a venom with 5 warriors and a blaster. Or Just put in a ravager. What they actually did the entire game was kill 3 plague marines. Uncostworthy, and he would have been better with any of the large blast missiles. Of course, he had many other problems with his list but that was the biggest (after taking Vect at 1,000 points)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone used implosion missiles?   Anyone used implosion missiles? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone used implosion missiles?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: