THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Hybrid Builds?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord Clazaryn
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Clazaryn

Hybrid Builds? Empty
PostSubject: Hybrid Builds?   Hybrid Builds? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22 2012, 11:38

Hi all,

I was just thinking recently about whether this was a good idea. I usually like to play a cross of a shooting list with assault thrown in. Commonly I use three squads of wyches and some incubi or so but the rest is all heavy shooting. Most competitive lists seem to spam shooting so I was wondering whether I should just stick to kabalites in raiders before I buy a bunch more wyches and find out that they don't work well together. I usually run wyches and warriors in equal ratio in raiders backed up by trueborn and ravagers. Is there a problem with doing this or does this still work well?

Thanks,

Hybrid Builds? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Builds?   Hybrid Builds? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22 2012, 11:53

Works perfectly fine and gives you a balanced list and a way of dealing with dangerous shooting units that you can't gun down quick enough (i.e. tie them up with Wyches). Incubi require very careful use, but Wyches can be pretty much thrown at anything.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

Hybrid Builds? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Builds?   Hybrid Builds? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22 2012, 17:30

I find a mixed force works quite well - so does a focused force.

The real question is - are you winning with your mixed force? If the answer is 'yes' than clearly it works for you and it doesn't matter what other people are doing.

Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

Hybrid Builds? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Builds?   Hybrid Builds? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22 2012, 17:35

Lord Clazaryn wrote:
Hi all,

I was just thinking recently about whether this was a good idea. I usually like to play a cross of a shooting list with assault thrown in. Commonly I use three squads of wyches and some incubi or so but the rest is all heavy shooting. Most competitive lists seem to spam shooting so I was wondering whether I should just stick to kabalites in raiders before I buy a bunch more wyches and find out that they don't work well together. I usually run wyches and warriors in equal ratio in raiders backed up by trueborn and ravagers. Is there a problem with doing this or does this still work well?

Thanks,

Mixed is what I run all the time:
2x units of Warriors in Raiders, 1 big, 1 small
3x units of Wyches in Raiders, big and 1 with Archon
3x units of Ravagers for dedicated AT

As the points go up, I add Blasterborn in Venoms and replace the Archon with Vect.

Incubi
Azdrubael

Hybrid Builds? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Builds?   Hybrid Builds? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22 2012, 19:24

In my parts no list is considered competiteve if it doesnt have solid assault elements, and for DE these are considered Helions and Beastmasters.
Back to top Go down
Lord Clazaryn
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Clazaryn

Hybrid Builds? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Builds?   Hybrid Builds? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2012, 11:36

Thanks guys, I can now go ahead and be crazy with Wyches and not worry I'm killing them in the process. Wouldn't mind fielding the duke and five full squads one day, when I get enough...

@Thor665 my lists usually work fairly well, as well as they can when I only have one Ravager, however I wasn't sure whether it might have been easier.

@Azdrubael I would love to field lots if hellions and beasts but that just cost so much cash in Australia when you're still at school... Hmm, not sure whether I look forward to the days after uni or not...

Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

Hybrid Builds? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Builds?   Hybrid Builds? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2012, 14:36

I would suggest ordering things from USA, dig forums a bit youl find a way to pay whats rest of the world paying. Or just use EBAY. Pity they shutted down Maelstrom.

HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

Hybrid Builds? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Builds?   Hybrid Builds? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2012, 19:20

Quote :
@Azdrubael I would love to field lots if hellions and beasts but that just cost so much cash in Australia when you're still at school... Hmm, not sure whether I look forward to the days after uni or not...

No excuse.

When I was in school, I wouldn't eat for week to get a box of Spearmen.

Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

Hybrid Builds? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Builds?   Hybrid Builds? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24 2012, 15:08

lol its called online orders. Many bitz stores will give you free international shipping if you spend enough. So basically save up. Dont buy that beer while your out or eat ramen noodles for a month, and use the money you save you buy whatever you want! (works really when you are trying to get a down payment on a car. I should know Very Happy )

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hybrid Builds? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Builds?   Hybrid Builds? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hybrid Builds?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA