THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Starting a Dark Eldar army

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mep0077
Slave

Starting a Dark Eldar army Empty
PostSubject: Starting a Dark Eldar army   Starting a Dark Eldar army I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2012, 20:49

Hello fellow denizens. I decided on the coolest army in the game to follow up my already build Blood Angels. I never painted them but used them to learn the game. I wanted to get another army and decided on Dark Eldar but have never seen them played. I already own a codex though.

The question arises, what models should i start with? What you need to know...
-I have 300 dollars max to start at least a 1500 point list
-I'm not to fond of Coven play style or models
-I'm a casual player and not looking for the greatest list possible
-I mostly face Orks, Tau, and Necrons
-I really want to include Lelith, scourges, wyches, and incubi (also maybe some reavers)
-I want to play a mech list

So what boxes so I start with? Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Mep0077
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Starting a Dark Eldar army   Starting a Dark Eldar army I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2012, 21:02

Oh, forgot to mention that on May 5, everything Warhammer related at my local game store is 25% off
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: Starting a Dark Eldar army   Starting a Dark Eldar army I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2012, 21:12

you can snag 2 raiders, 40 warriors, 20 wyches and lellith for AROUND that price, but you aren't going to be able to go full mech on $300... also, if you want to play a mech list, you should reconsider the use of lelith, wyches, and incubi...

Slave

PostSubject: Re: Starting a Dark Eldar army   Starting a Dark Eldar army I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2012, 21:36

So what would be the suggested list for a mainly CC army? Im going to need loads of AI as well because of the lists my buddies play.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Starting a Dark Eldar army   Starting a Dark Eldar army I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2012, 23:44

I'd wait for Shadow's Revenge to come in here - I think he already has a pre-planned 1500 point force that is super affordable to buy.

Battleforces are big wins - also a realization that it's easy to kitbash an Archon/Succubus out of Warrior/Wych bits. Add in a couple Venom and Ravager purchases to supplement about two Battleforces and you'll have a quite functional base to work with to build your army.

Back to top Go down
Mep0077
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Starting a Dark Eldar army   Starting a Dark Eldar army I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24 2012, 00:22

Ok thanks for all the help! Now if i wanted to field some scourges, how many kits should i buy to start?
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: Starting a Dark Eldar army   Starting a Dark Eldar army I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24 2012, 00:37

I wouldn't bother with scourges at the 1500 pt level. It's money you don't have to spend, where you can snag other things that are going to work just as well, or better for that cost (point and money wise). When you go up in points towards 1750-1850, that's when you're going to want to look more towards scourges, imo.

Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Starting a Dark Eldar army   Starting a Dark Eldar army I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24 2012, 15:42

LMFAO Thor... you should know it by heart how many times Ive had to post it Smile Plus I think its on some beginners thread somewhere...

anyway, without further ado. Here we go Very Happy

Quote :
Ok, here is one Ive been almost preaching about. If anyone is thinking about getting into Dark Eldar, this is probably the best way to start. Its cheap for the size of the army, and pretty competitive to boot. Let me post the list first, then I will describe what it contains and how to use it.

150- Archon w/ Huskblade, Soultrap, Shadowfield, Combat Drugs, Haywires
223- 9 Wyches w/ Haywires, 1 Shardnet, Hekatrix w/ Agoniser; Raider w/ Flickerfields, Shock Prow
245- 10 Wyches w/ Haywires, 2 Wych Weapons (so either guantlets or razorflails, your choice) Hekatrix w/ Agoinser; Raider w/ Flickerfields, Shock Prow
190- 10 Warriors w/ Blaster, Splinter Cannon; Raider w/ Flickerfields, Splinter Racks
190- 10 Warriors w/ Blaster, Splinter Cannon; Raider w/ Flickerfields, Splinter Racks
78- 3 Reavers w/ Heat Lance
78- 3 Reavers w/ Heat Lance
115- Ravager w/ Flickerfields

Total- 1499 points

So this army is made from 2 Battleforces, 2 Raiders, 3 Ravagers, and 1 Archon blister. It gives you a chance to play with almost every trick in the DE handbook, and gives you a balance force to build apon and change to suit your tastes.

Hope this is what you are looking for. Also if you really want to use Lelith, you could drop the Archon and a few of the extra upgrades (like all the splinter racks, 1 shock prow, and one of the flickerfields, maybe on the 10 man wych unit) to get her in, but trust me she isnt worth her price point, and you will get alot more out of the Archon than you would her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting a Dark Eldar army   Starting a Dark Eldar army I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starting a Dark Eldar army
Page 1 of 1