THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Greetings from the fetid slums of Granbretan*

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Greetings from the fetid slums of Granbretan* Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from the fetid slums of Granbretan*   Greetings from the fetid slums of Granbretan* I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30 2012, 16:05

Or London, as it is otherwise known.

Been a Blood Angel since 40k was first released but recently decided to collect a new, non Power Armoured, army for a bit of a change. After a bit of soul searching I realised that the Dark Eldar had both a superb model range and some interesting rules so here I am!

I've picked up a battleforce, a venom and a couple of characters and will be gradually painting them up over the coming weeks and months whilst constanty playing around with army lists and almost certainly realising that I've not got the right models for the army I end up wanting!

Wish me luck...

*Hopefully some of our more mature posters will recognise Granbretan without having to Google it.

Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the fetid slums of Granbretan*   Greetings from the fetid slums of Granbretan* I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30 2012, 16:38

I've dabbled in marines only a little, but from what I've experienced, they feel painfully slow after the Dark Kin.

Welcome to the Dark City, do watch your back. You never know what intentions the polite smiles hide...

Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the fetid slums of Granbretan*   Greetings from the fetid slums of Granbretan* I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30 2012, 17:40

Smile < Polite smile...

Welcome to Commorragh. I greet you with open arms. Feel free to roam in my courtyard and see the columns of those who would dare to spread venom about the mighty Cavash name burn in eternal anguish.
Smell the fresh flowers in my gardens, feel the pain of their pollen pulse through you mind and flesh. Give in to Lord Dernia Cavash's will and only glory will await you, young one.

That was kind of an extension of the polite smile.
Anyway, what I meant in a rather simple way is, enjoy yourself and make use of the great number of interesting threads at your disposal.

Greetings from the fetid slums of Granbretan* YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the fetid slums of Granbretan*   Greetings from the fetid slums of Granbretan* I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30 2012, 20:42

Moorcock?

Congratulations sire on discovering the true path, and welcome to TDC. May your bounty be plentiful, and your victims endless.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the fetid slums of Granbretan*   Greetings from the fetid slums of Granbretan* I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30 2012, 22:17

Gobsmakked wrote:
Moorcock?

Give that man a cigar! It is indeed Moorcock, from the Hawkmoon series. And I suspect this is where the inspiration for the background of my new army will be coming from, as the Dark Empire of Granbretan is quite similar to the Dark Eldar in some ways.

Thank you all for the kind words. Looking forward to building and painting my new army. Might even try to remember to take some work in progress shots as I go.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the fetid slums of Granbretan*   Greetings from the fetid slums of Granbretan* I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from the fetid slums of Granbretan*
Page 1 of 1