THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Black Heart

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
blackoutcs
Hellion
blackoutcs

Kabal of the Black Heart  Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the Black Heart    Kabal of the Black Heart  I_icon_minitimeTue May 01 2012, 00:17

so for the longest time i have been trying to achieve this look on my dudes, but have never been able to actually get the green to pop like the GW studio armies. this built up frustration with trial and error always resulting in failure makes me want to get punched in the nuts and then jump off my roof.

do the new colors sybarite and kabalite green work to achieve the effect?

Moving this particular roof-jumping thread to the Painting & Modelling shop, more apropos. I also added a more descriptive sub-heading for you. Gob.
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Black Heart    Kabal of the Black Heart  I_icon_minitimeWed May 02 2012, 18:23

Howdy.

I have a few of those colors, and I don't think those in of themselves will do it.

My thoughts, Incubi Darkness mixed with a bit of the Kabalite green will be the place to start.

Then I think you could apply the kabalite green and then sybarite or moot green might be the way to go.

It may not be exact, but it could be pretty close.

Kabal of the Black Heart  Youdaamrg
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
blackoutcs
Hellion
blackoutcs

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Black Heart    Kabal of the Black Heart  I_icon_minitimeThu May 03 2012, 03:15

will sybarite green in itself bring out that pop once the base coat of snot or dark angels is applied?
Back to top Go down
mot666
Kabalite Warrior
mot666

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Black Heart    Kabal of the Black Heart  I_icon_minitimeThu May 03 2012, 05:06

Quote :
...this built up frustration with trial and error always resulting in failure makes me want to get punched in the nuts and then jump off my roof.

LOLZ! sort of how my spraygun made me feel for a while. except i was gonna throw it smash it burn it return it with 'it was like that when i got it, why dosnt it work?'

this months white dwarf comes to the rescue, it has some simple colour guides: it dosnt say Kabal of the Black Heart(it dosnt say anything), and its a little bit brighter than the Codex pix with more gold but anyhoo... GARs almost right.

1) basecoat: INCUBI DARKNESS -standard brush
2) layer: KABALITE GREEN -detail brush
3) layer: SYBARITE GREEN -fine detail brush

thats all no mixing. if you look really close at the three stage pics it looks like the first stage(which says basecoat) is actually a thick preliminary to highlight over a black undercoat (kinda clearly). i dont know. i havent used any of the new colours so i cant say, ive only got a black that i havent used so far. i paint mine purple. im more worried about loosing my blue/red=purple mix.

i know they all have infered stage names. sorry if a ranted a little.

i only included the brushes for the sake of completeness and cos its there in the guide.

they used something resembling tin bitz as a base for the gold.

is INCUBI DARKNESS much like Necron Abyss? you know how much a picture can change how a colour looks. background, lighting and all that technical jargon.

edit: I only just noticed that theres clearly some kind of necron abyss trickery going on in the 'dex pics of the raider. black on the bottom quickly fading into what looks like necron abyss. the drastic highlighting hides it well, and once noticed the difference between the black-blue makes the highlights most definatly *pop* in such a fashion one imagines that there may be a tinge of ultra dark jade green thrown into the crons abyss. could just be the highlights. but you know how much work these guys put into their showcase armies. in reality its probably almost 50million layers of super thined and painstakingly blended colour. thought this might help. or drive you to make further humerous remarks! Wink

I am the Master of Darkness, and of the Abyss... I am The Ancient One. Dont make me turn you into a lap dog. I've done it several times before and I wont hesitate to do it again. Seriously! Ironic isnt it? Being accused of necromancy, with a joke inspired by The 'Necronomicon' in my sig?
my project log:
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t2874-the-kabal-raining-bullets
now with csm:
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t6430-chaos-space-marines
PM me about commision work.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Black Heart    Kabal of the Black Heart  I_icon_minitimeThu May 03 2012, 07:59

Color scheme GW have on main site now is pretty much Black Heart scheme.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/paintChart.jsp?catId=cat820002a

DOnt know about nessesity of dry brush color, but all the rest you can use,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Black Heart    Kabal of the Black Heart  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Black Heart
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: