THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Heart of Darkness

Go down 
+8
Sky Serpent
Dethdispenser
The_Burning_Eye
Lady Malys
Ruke
Gobsmakked
Archon
Shadows Revenge
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

Heart of Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Heart of Darkness   Heart of Darkness I_icon_minitimeTue May 01 2012, 15:35

So flipping through my white dwarf this month, I notice towards the back of the catalog that is called a maginzine, there was some Games Day info. One of which was the 40k scenerio called the Heart of Darkness. From the little blurp given, it looks Like the story is Lady Malys is looking for some ancient artifact called the Heart of Darkness, which when found will give her enough power to topple Vect from his throne as High Lord of Commorragh.

So what do you guys think about this? I personally will not be going to Games Day (its just too far and too much cash to take a trip) but do you think GW will actually try and advance a story for once? I highly doubt it, but I would like some of your guys oppinion on this.
Back to top Go down
Archon
Kabalite Warrior
Archon

Heart of Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heart of Darkness   Heart of Darkness I_icon_minitimeTue May 01 2012, 15:40

This could be interesting. We will have to keep our eyes on the interwebs in seems. Smile
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

Heart of Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heart of Darkness   Heart of Darkness I_icon_minitimeTue May 01 2012, 17:47

(I'm going to move this to News and Rumours)

Below is the complete text from the ad.

Quote :
“Hidden beneath their so-called “military complex” lies the key to my victory over Asdrubael Vect. With the Heart of Darkness, I could finally crush Vect and claim my rightful place as Supreme Overlord of Commorragh. Let the mon keigh pray to their pathetic corpse god for deliverance … By morning we will have crushed their insignificant armies and taken our rightful due in slaves and blood.

Return to me with the Heart, my children, or do not dare return at all ..”
- Lady Malys

Pit lasgun against wych blade in this epic battle between the valiant Imperial Guard of the Ultramar defence Force and the deparved Dark Eldar of the Cabal of the poisoned Tongue. Will Lady Malys succeed in unearthing an ancient and powerful artifact or will the servants of the God Emperor repel her armies and, in doing so, save their immortal souls?

Games Day North America – July 28th
www.facebook.com/GamesDayNAmerica

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

Heart of Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heart of Darkness   Heart of Darkness I_icon_minitimeTue May 01 2012, 18:20

Probably what will happen, if they decide to advance anything at all, is that Malys will get the heart, Vect will have known about her treachery for ever, and will be waiting on her when she gets back with it, and dispose of her. In the end, nothing will change...

More likely is that the heart just wont be there...

She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

Heart of Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heart of Darkness   Heart of Darkness I_icon_minitimeTue May 01 2012, 19:08

My own feeling is that it will stay at the level of a scenario for a battle and change nothing in the timeline. Still, it's a fun idea Smile Thanks for the heads up.

Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

Heart of Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heart of Darkness   Heart of Darkness I_icon_minitimeTue May 01 2012, 19:15

^agreed. I can only think of one obvious example where they've changed something like that, captain tycho, who they killed off during the third war for armageddon campaign. Can't see them getting rid of vect though, it's a bit drastic considering he's been in control for several thousand years

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Dethdispenser
Kabalite Warrior
Dethdispenser

Heart of Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heart of Darkness   Heart of Darkness I_icon_minitimeTue May 01 2012, 20:16

Exactly. Several thousand years and the fluff all hints to him being bored. However, I would love to see a change in leadership.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Heart of Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heart of Darkness   Heart of Darkness I_icon_minitimeTue May 01 2012, 20:21

I would say this looks 99.9999% as a simple, Games Day US participation game with a bit of background to make it interesting. I'd love to be wrong but that's how I call it, I guess it is news for now....

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Archon Farath Mure
Kabalite Warrior

Heart of Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heart of Darkness   Heart of Darkness I_icon_minitimeWed May 02 2012, 06:10

Wish I could go. IG are always interesting to play against.

(11/5/2013: A few things have been added to the Kabal's fluff, most notably shifting their base of operations into the Webway, sort of, and adding an alliance with the Alpha Legion, or at least a few heads of the hydra.)
Back to top Go down
The New AIDS
Hellion

Heart of Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heart of Darkness   Heart of Darkness I_icon_minitimeWed May 02 2012, 06:38

I get the feeling the outcome will be something along the lines of: And the invincible ultra marines outsmarted the cleverest race in the galaxy and shrugged off all the weapons the pixies could hurl at them because poison just get's absorbed by them. All the guardsmen died.

Tha end!

I hope to Khaine the Dark Eldar wipe the floor with these mewling fools.

"Oh, these things? They're your sister's face."
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

Heart of Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heart of Darkness   Heart of Darkness I_icon_minitimeWed May 02 2012, 15:27

*cough* What? Who? Khaine?

Allandrel
Kabalite Warrior
Allandrel

Heart of Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heart of Darkness   Heart of Darkness I_icon_minitimeThu May 03 2012, 05:04

The New AIDS wrote:
I get the feeling the outcome will be something along the lines of: And the invincible ultra marines outsmarted the cleverest race in the galaxy and shrugged off all the weapons the pixies could hurl at them because poison just get's absorbed by them. All the guardsmen died.

Tha end!

I hope to Khaine the Dark Eldar wipe the floor with these mewling fools.

So what you're saying is that Matt Ward will write it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Heart of Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heart of Darkness   Heart of Darkness I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heart of Darkness
Page 1 of 1