THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Lady Malys and The Poisoned Tongue

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
citywidecrayon
Hellion
citywidecrayon

Lady Malys and The Poisoned Tongue Empty
PostSubject: Lady Malys and The Poisoned Tongue   Lady Malys and The Poisoned Tongue I_icon_minitimeTue May 01 2012, 20:10

Ever since I finished off my Double's Tanith First and Only army I'd been looking for a brand new project to turn my attentions towards. Anything without toughness 3 seemed logical surely considering the average table time of a guardsmen is measured in how long it takes for an opponent to point a gun their way. So with this in mind the logical choice seemed to be...another army which falls down the moment a bolt gun turns towards it. So Dark eldar it is.

A quick flick through the codex and other than The Duke and The Baron who might as well have been the only special characters in the book for how often they're used, i decided to settle on neither and go straight for Lady Malys.

Sure she's not as cheap as the other two, nor is she as utterly nails as the grand pimp himself, but there's something about her which is cool. Maybe it's the option to move stuff around after deploying essentially shoving a giant V up at the opponent who thinks he or she has got you in their sights due to their clever set up. Or you know, maybe it's that she's a bit mental and has a crystal where her heart should be. It doesn't matter, she's cool and she'll be the army general.

So here's what I hope to get done over the course of this Plog.

Lady Malys #1

Lady Malys #2 (if the Duke regularly changes outfits why shouldn't the Lady)

The Ladies Royal Ladies (3 squads of Blaster Born)

Kron Zarala the personal Haemonculus of the Poisoned Tongue's Elite

The Upstart (Counts as Duke, rumoured to be Malys' trueborn daughter)

The Lady Phaer - Succubus of the Seventh Woe

Poisoned Tongue Soldiers - My two squads of warriors

Children of the Seventh Woe - My two Wych squad allies

Riders of Woe - Reaver Jet bike squadron belonging to the Seventh Woe

The Motorpool
3 Venoms
4 Raiders
Razorwing Jetfighter
2 Ravagers

Purple = painted
Built
Unbuilt or Unpurchased

I'll try and get photo's up as soon as possible, I apologise in advance for the poor quality, the camera i normally use is back home with my girlfriend while I'm away at Uni.

Last edited by citywidecrayon on Thu May 03 2012, 21:20; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update of progress to my list)
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Lady Malys and The Poisoned Tongue   Lady Malys and The Poisoned Tongue I_icon_minitimeTue May 01 2012, 20:24

Interested to see how this goes.

I was thinking the other day that when I finish my Sky Serpents I might do the Poisoned Tongue.

What's your plans for all these different units?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
citywidecrayon
Hellion
citywidecrayon

PostSubject: Re: Lady Malys and The Poisoned Tongue   Lady Malys and The Poisoned Tongue I_icon_minitimeTue May 01 2012, 20:32

This may be extraordinarily dense of me, but define plans? As in colour schemes or modelling options.

It's funny you should mention wanting to do the Poisoned tongue as eventually I'd like to do a small Sky Serpents force utilising both Eldar and Dark Eldar parts to show the piratical independent nature of the force.

Again i apologise for the incredibly dense question, it's been a long day and my brain feels fried...
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Lady Malys and The Poisoned Tongue   Lady Malys and The Poisoned Tongue I_icon_minitimeTue May 01 2012, 20:47

Well, unlike the Sky Serpents, the Poisoned Tongue and Seventh Woe have fully fleshed out colour schemes.

What I wanted to know was what you're planning conversion and modelling wise.

Are you going to accentuate the Seventh Woe's fame for capturing Tyranids?
What's your plan for your royal ladies/blasterborn?
Any interesting plans for your characters?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
citywidecrayon
Hellion
citywidecrayon

PostSubject: Re: Lady Malys and The Poisoned Tongue   Lady Malys and The Poisoned Tongue I_icon_minitimeTue May 01 2012, 21:05

Right, with you now, sorry about that.

This aspect of the seventh woe is one I thought i'll cover more when I begin to add a Beastmaster Unit to the army, hormogaunts would make possible Khymera substitutes, their time being broken and trained by the beast masters making them vicious beyond normal. As for the average wych, I think spare carapace parts adoring their armour would be a nice way of signifying those wyches who have specifically captured a tyranid. Perhaps swords or daggers made of hormogaunt talon modelled on to some of them as well could further accentuate that aspect.

For the Royal ladies, surprise surprise, it will be an all female elite within the army, utilising corsair cloaks and kabalite parts to have them stand out, All will go bareheaded which will further distinguish them from the basic kabalites who are forbade to lay eyes upon Lady Malys

As for the Characters.
The two Lady Malys idea's I've had both use female vampire bodies, one will be an almost straight up use of Isabella Von Carstien who I think adds a suitable air of nobility and soulessness. The other Is a more involved conversion using the female vampire lord and Lellith Hesperax as well as parts from the Wych and Kabalite sprues. The first will see Malys in the heart of battle, the other as a casual observer before she joins the fray.

The Upstart who will be my version of the duke will again have two models, one is of them leaping from a transport right into the heart of the fighting blades aloft, the other will be converted into the same style of my trueborn.

That's about it for now with the conversion ideas. Thoughts ?
Back to top Go down
teh603
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Lady Malys and The Poisoned Tongue   Lady Malys and The Poisoned Tongue I_icon_minitimeWed May 02 2012, 02:57

I'll be honest, neither of them has the right feel for Malys. Somehow, I expect to see her in a cheongasm or maybe a pien-fu, with a tessen in her hand in front of her face and the Lady's Blade held behind her back. Good luck finding a GW figure that meets the description; last check they haven't made any Cathayan figures.
Back to top Go down
citywidecrayon
Hellion
citywidecrayon

PostSubject: Re: Lady Malys and The Poisoned Tongue   Lady Malys and The Poisoned Tongue I_icon_minitimeThu May 03 2012, 21:03

teh603 wrote:
I'll be honest, neither of them has the right feel for Malys. Somehow, I expect to see her in a cheongasm or maybe a pien-fu, with a tessen in her hand in front of her face and the Lady's Blade held behind her back. Good luck finding a GW figure that meets the description; last check they haven't made any Cathayan figures.

Each to their own I suppose, it's not how I picture Malys but ah well. After reading the codex and the story within about her I still picture her wearing merely more ornate and decorated robes than those of a Lhamaen. But like I said, that's my view
Back to top Go down
citywidecrayon
Hellion
citywidecrayon

PostSubject: Re: Lady Malys and The Poisoned Tongue   Lady Malys and The Poisoned Tongue I_icon_minitimeThu May 03 2012, 21:17

A small update for those of you who've come this way to have a look, not much I'm afraid, however with luck tomorrow i'll have hold of a friends camera and be able to get a few WIP shots up.
I would try and take other photo's but considering all I have is my i-pod it's not really worth taking any tonight.

However I can offer this.
Lady Malys and The Poisoned Tongue IMG_0006

Just for clarification as my i-pod camera leaves a lot to be desired. There are in the above shot.
2 battlefroces
3 venoms
2 raiders
2 ravagers
1 box of wyches
1 box of kabalites
1 box of scourges
1 razorwing

This should keep me busy for the foreseeable future

As you can see, that's quite a lot to be getting on with over the next couple of days, I hope to have it built by next Wednesday so I can take it to my local store for a game but we'll have to see.

If I can, the next update will be my converted Duke and a photo of Lady Malys along with whatever I hope to have built.

Cheers for looking Smile
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Lady Malys and The Poisoned Tongue   Lady Malys and The Poisoned Tongue I_icon_minitimeThu May 03 2012, 22:14

Oh gosh. All those Deldar... You got a very solid force there.
Back to top Go down
citywidecrayon
Hellion
citywidecrayon

PostSubject: Re: Lady Malys and The Poisoned Tongue   Lady Malys and The Poisoned Tongue I_icon_minitimeSat May 05 2012, 20:25

Another minor update unfortunately due to not getting hold of the camera today, dissapointingly.
This is the army list I'll be running and thus the guidelines for what I want to have ready and done ASAP
Most of this list is already purchased as seen in the blurry photo above, all I need to finish it off is 1 more venom. I know this has hardly been the most interesting of Plogs so far but unfortunately such is the way of things. I hope I can get photo's up sooner rather than later.

Lady Malys - 130

3 Haemi's 2 w/liquifier guns - 170 ( The Haemii's split off amongst the three wych squads for early pain tokens, the 8 man squad is also joined by Lady Malys)

3 blasterborn in a venom w/second splintercannon - 146
3 blasterborn in a venom w/second splintercannon - 146
3 blasterborn in a venom w/ second splintercannon - 146

5 kabalites w/blaster in a venom w/second splinter cannon - 125

5 kabalites w/blaster in a raider w/flickerfield - 130

8 wyches w/hekatrix, agonizer and haywires in a raider w/flickerfield - 196
9 wyches w/hekatrix, agonizer and haywires in a raider w/flickerfield - 208
9 wyches w/hekatrix, agonizer and haywires in a raider w/flickerfield - 208

Ravager w/flickerfield - 115
Ravager w/flickerfield - 115

Razorwing w/flickerfield and splintercannon 165

As always to those who take the time, thanks for looking Smile
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Lady Malys and The Poisoned Tongue   Lady Malys and The Poisoned Tongue I_icon_minitimeSat May 05 2012, 20:47

This is a nice and effecctive army that I am looking forward to see come to fruition.

My only concern was that the Razorwing could be a waste of points. They are expensive for what they are, and rather weak. I would suggest that you drop the Razorwing and spend the points on a couple of Venoms for two of your Blaster Born. Then, with the leftover points you would be able to buy either some uprgrades for the Venoms, or more men for one of the Trueborn squads, giving them Shardcarbines to add to the poisoned shootyness.
You don't have to, it's just a suggestion.

Anyway, nice army list and I am looking forward to seeing them all painted.
Back to top Go down
citywidecrayon
Hellion
citywidecrayon

PostSubject: Re: Lady Malys and The Poisoned Tongue   Lady Malys and The Poisoned Tongue I_icon_minitimeSat May 05 2012, 21:10

Cavash wrote:
This is a nice and effecctive army that I am looking forward to see come to fruition.

My only concern was that the Razorwing could be a waste of points. They are expensive for what they are, and rather weak.

First of all thank you Smile

Secondly, I fear you might be right about the razorwing as I ran a slightly trimmed version of this list today and forgot I had the razorwing until turn 4, it then proceeded to arrive and do nothing as my army finished off the Grey knights present. It was taken as it made sense from a fluff standpoint as Lady Malys is famed for her Airborne Elite, although this could be interpreted in a number of ways I suppose

Quote :
I would suggest that you drop the Razorwing and spend the points on a couple of Venoms for two of your Blaster Born.
The Blasterborn are already in venoms, although I can see how that was read over as it's not the clearest written, my own fault on that one.

I think if I dropped the razorwing I'd replace it with a small unit of either wyches or Kabalites in yet another Venom (rapidly becoming my favourite viechle in 40K), I'm leaning more to the Kabalites as otherwise my Kabal is a little on the barely represented side. Failing that I'm a little tempted by a beast master unit. Hmmm...decisions decisions.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Lady Malys and The Poisoned Tongue   Lady Malys and The Poisoned Tongue I_icon_minitimeSat May 05 2012, 21:19

Oh yes, I apologise. I failed to read that.

You could always spend the points on another Ravager for vehicle suppression.
Back to top Go down
citywidecrayon
Hellion
citywidecrayon

PostSubject: Re: Lady Malys and The Poisoned Tongue   Lady Malys and The Poisoned Tongue I_icon_minitimeSat May 05 2012, 21:31

No need to apologise man, like I said, it's not the clearest written list in the world Smile

I had toyed with the idea, the only thing putting me off is that I can at the moment fit all 6 raider hulls (4 raiders, 2 Ravagers) and my razorwing in my GW large army case on the pick and pluck side, the other Ravager would present an annoyance to say the least Razz
But I agree that is a potential option. The Razorwing could* be king in my local store as there are a number of foot lists as we only have access to 4x4's cutting the need for mech down somewhat...except for my guys of course Wink

*assuming I actually remember it's part of my army
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Lady Malys and The Poisoned Tongue   Lady Malys and The Poisoned Tongue I_icon_minitimeSat May 05 2012, 21:44

lol. Darn cases.

I was just looking through my Codex and Scourges came to mind. You could have a five man squad with Haywire Blasters/Heat Lances, and the other three would have Shardcarbines, adding to your Splinter Power, If you have enough room in your case, that is. Very Happy

Even though some people disagree with my love of scourges, I find them cost-effective.

Also, is there any single army you are likely to come up against?

I would stick with the Ravager idea if against a heavily mechanised army, however, as the re-deployment offered by Malys is ever so useful when your foe think of themselves as... what is that Mon-Keigh term?
Safe! That's the one.
Back to top Go down
citywidecrayon
Hellion
citywidecrayon

PostSubject: Re: Lady Malys and The Poisoned Tongue   Lady Malys and The Poisoned Tongue I_icon_minitimeSat May 05 2012, 22:02

I do have a scourge squad lying around, may add a second one at some point. I could find space for them but I'll let the razorwing have several games before I pass judgement on it, it's a lot of firepower and could prove useful if I remember about it.

The usual fare in the store is a lot of foot lists with some mechanised elements, your classic space marines in full squads with maybe 2 rhino's and a land raider running about. They tend to pack a fair bit of terrain onto the board, I think this is to prevent the leafblower lists from getting insta wins which I can see the point in doing such. My list is a harsh one but there are nastier lists out there and i'm hampered by paper viechles Razz

Malys' re-deploy is a nice little bonus I agree. Nothing like being hidden from a ravager only to find it's suddenly redeployed looking at your side armour Razz
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Lady Malys and The Poisoned Tongue   Lady Malys and The Poisoned Tongue I_icon_minitimeSat May 05 2012, 22:09

Razz Well, good luck with your army and I hope it serves you well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lady Malys and The Poisoned Tongue   Lady Malys and The Poisoned Tongue I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lady Malys and The Poisoned Tongue
Page 1 of 1