THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Help me close this list out... 1850 total

Go down 
+3
Lord Clazaryn
Cavash
Massaen
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

Help me close this list out... 1850 total Empty
PostSubject: Help me close this list out... 1850 total   Help me close this list out... 1850 total I_icon_minitimeSun May 06 2012, 16:47

ARGH! Full circle again....

1588 at this point... need a HQ and have 2 HQ and 3 fast open...

Considering adding a small court of the archon for a 13th (!!!) vehicle...

Here is where i am at...

3 Trueborn, 3 blasters, venom, dual cannon
3 Trueborn, 3 blasters, venom, dual cannon
3 Trueborn, 2 dark lances, raider, flickerfield, dark lance

5 wyches, HWG, venom, dual cannon
5 wyches, HWG, venom, dual cannon
5 warriors, blaster, venom, dual cannon
5 warriors, blaster, raider, flickerfield, dark lance

Ravager, 3 dark lances, flickerfield
Ravager, 3 dark lances, flickerfield
Razorwing, 2 dark lances, splinter cannon, 4 monoscythe missiles, flickerfield

help!!!!

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Help me close this list out... 1850 total   Help me close this list out... 1850 total I_icon_minitimeSun May 06 2012, 19:05

I did write a long reply at first, recomending Scourges with Shardcarbines, but then I realised the number of dual Cannons you had. This is a nice list indeed.

If you want a CC HQ then I would say get an Archon with a Shadowfield, Combat Drugs, Soul Trap and either a Huskblade or an Elctrocorrosive whip. He will have good survivability, become rather strong and half your enemy's strength in close combat if you go with the whip.
I would definately not recomend the Succubus. Even though she has high WS, the lack of any real armour makes her lackluster in my opinion.
Although, if you want your Wyches to survive a bit longer, I would recomend having some Haemonculi to be attatched to a few squads of four.

You could always go with a few Hellions or Reavers to keep in theme with your fast force.

I hope that some of this may havebeen helpful.

Help me close this list out... 1850 total YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Lord Clazaryn
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Clazaryn

PostSubject: Re: Help me close this list out... 1850 total   Help me close this list out... 1850 total I_icon_minitimeSun May 06 2012, 22:39

The minimum size for a wych squad is 5 so you can't fit in a haemy in a venom. However you could swap the Wyches into the raider and then you would be set. I would then add in an Archon with SF and Agoniser. Otherwise, a unit of scourges with haywires could do...

Grumpy Kwi
Nightmare Doll on the Loose
Grumpy Kwi

PostSubject: Re: Help me close this list out... 1850 total   Help me close this list out... 1850 total I_icon_minitimeMon May 07 2012, 14:28

Just curious, you abandoning close combat altogether?

Is this for a tournament or a particular opponent?

"is that it ?" ....
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Help me close this list out... 1850 total   Help me close this list out... 1850 total I_icon_minitimeMon May 07 2012, 15:18

My suggestion

65- Haemie w/ Liquifier, venom blade (or just shattershard, its your choice)
195- 5 Beastmasters w/ 5 Kymerae, 5 Razorwings

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Help me close this list out... 1850 total   Help me close this list out... 1850 total I_icon_minitimeMon May 07 2012, 15:31

Grumpy Kwi wrote:
Just curious, you abandoning close combat altogether?

Is this for a tournament or a particular opponent?

In a nut shell yes. The wyches are dread hunters but otherwise, it's a shooty list... It's where I find we excel!

Raneth
Sybarite
Raneth

PostSubject: Re: Help me close this list out... 1850 total   Help me close this list out... 1850 total I_icon_minitimeMon May 07 2012, 18:37

Court: cute, but no.

Haemy: where to fit?

I vote Baron + Beastmasters for a tanky cc element. Also I'm a strong proponent of NSs on Blasterborn Venoms, and Shock Prows on the Raiders to help bunch up **** for the Razorwing's missiles. That's about all I can think of.

Grumpy Kwi
Grumpy Kwi

PostSubject: Re: Help me close this list out... 1850 total   Help me close this list out... 1850 total I_icon_minitimeTue May 08 2012, 20:22

Massaen wrote:
[ it's a shooty list... It's where I find we excel!

How unfortunate.

I remember the days of you playing special characters and super close combat units...

Well, here's to hoping 6th edition will bring you back to the way the DE was meant to be played. Just can't wrap my head around trying to shoot like Tau and then pretending it's "fun" for me.

"is that it ?" ....
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Help me close this list out... 1850 total   Help me close this list out... 1850 total I_icon_minitimeTue May 08 2012, 21:16

@Kwi - whether or not you have fun shooting doesn't dictate whether someone else does though.

Back to top Go down
Raneth
Sybarite
Raneth

PostSubject: Re: Help me close this list out... 1850 total   Help me close this list out... 1850 total I_icon_minitimeTue May 08 2012, 23:26

Oh come on, you know cc is where it's really at.

Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Help me close this list out... 1850 total   Help me close this list out... 1850 total I_icon_minitimeWed May 09 2012, 04:13

The problem lies in the large amount of transports you face in events... Our infantry assaults are no good unless they are out of their boxes... I love playing assault lists but the more events I go to the more I find it's shooting that wins the day.

Grumpy Kwi
Grumpy Kwi

PostSubject: Re: Help me close this list out... 1850 total   Help me close this list out... 1850 total I_icon_minitimeWed May 09 2012, 14:49

No worries guys, I am not going to go "taxi driver" here - just sad to see the game go this direction.

Shooting is much easier and it is a game of science fiction - I suppose if I wanted hand to hand action then perhaps I should take up fantasy.

As a friend once said,

"Why fly a billion light years across the galaxy in a starship only to end up hitting someone with a sword?"

So nothing personal Massaen and I do wish the DE can get some respect at the tourneys so I am pulling for you. Just hate to see members with imagination and love for the DE slip into the min/max spammination that is the tournament scene, I want you back when 6th arrives.

Feeling like Don Quijote here, nevermind me.

"is that it ?" ....
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Help me close this list out... 1850 total   Help me close this list out... 1850 total I_icon_minitimeThu May 10 2012, 02:00

Haha! I am revising to bump up the wych units now...

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help me close this list out... 1850 total   Help me close this list out... 1850 total I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help me close this list out... 1850 total
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: